Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

I confess to now and again being a bit of a conspiracy theorist and I think Fofana has been created by Vichai up in the sky as that beast of a player you could edit on the early versions of Pro Evo. 

I cannot wait until Maddison and Tielemans can start putting in some decent corners and he gets double figures in goals this season to add insult to injury.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Soyuncu has got the potential to be an elite centre back, he’s mobile and incredibly dominant in the survey as well as in the tackle. What’s scary is I think Fofana is probably already better. I don’t think it’s ludicrous to say these two might be the best centre half pairing on the planet in a few years 

I think there on different levels. I think Soyuncu will be decent, but will be similar maybe to Evans level where he might be ok at a big club for some time but ultimately spend most of his career at a mid level club.

Forfana on the other hand, I can’t see how this boy won’t go right to the very top. He has the lot.

I can see him being a mainstay at a huge club and a future World Cup winner in his 22-35 range of his career. Rio Ferdinand level.

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 05:20, richardsfoxes said:

I honestly cannot believe how good he is, 19 years old completely bossed it all game AGAIN. We have a potential world class player on our hands. 

What 

a

Player

His game intelligence is amazing. His positioning even since a few games ago has improved. Apart from not being in line with Evans on a few occasions when he should have, he was simply brilliant. He can only get better. Can’t believe he is only 19 - where did he get all his “experience” from? Puel?

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Attention is already starting to rise unfortunately and we've already seen what he's like if he wants a transfer lol

Really hope he's not the best player we'll never get to see live. 

He will be around for a while yet, he’s got plenty of time for his so-called big move away, and it’s going to take a big fee to prize him away.

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think there on different levels. I think Soyuncu will be decent, but will be similar maybe to Evans level where he might be ok at a big club for some time but ultimately spend most of his career at a mid level club.

Forfana on the other hand, I can’t see how this boy won’t go right to the very top. He has the lot.

I can see him being a mainstay at a huge club and a future World Cup winner in his 22-35 range of his career. Rio Ferdinand level.

We are a big club !!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Attention is already starting to rise unfortunately and we've already seen what he's like if he wants a transfer lol

Really hope he's not the best player we'll never get to see live. 

I think we'll get this season and next season out of him & then he will go for mega-money

The hope is that with these guys here, we manage to become big enough that they don't need to leave. Rodgers did similar in pushing for his move here (albeit less extreme). If we start winning things they will stay. I imagine the new training ground is key in giving not just new signings, but also the current staff and players, the impression that we are a huge club. 

18 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

I think we'll get this season and next season out of him & then he will go for mega-money

That's how we operate selling one top player per year and using the money to recruit well. It's why we have become a top six side in such a short time. Our owners are great business men and it shows through all our dealings on and off the pitch. So far that policy has done us no harm , in fact quite the opposite.As a long lifetime fan I never thought we would be this good as a club. Thank you Top for everything.

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Soyuncu has got the potential to be an elite centre back, he’s mobile and incredibly dominant in the survey as well as in the tackle. What’s scary is I think Fofana is probably already better. I don’t think it’s ludicrous to say these two might be the best centre half pairing on the planet in a few years 

Fofana is not as rash. Cags is quick. However Fofana has this little turn of acceleration. 

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Soyuncu has got the potential to be an elite centre back, he’s mobile and incredibly dominant in the air as well as in the tackle. What’s scary is I think Fofana is probably already better. I don’t think it’s ludicrous to say these two might be the best centre half pairing on the planet in a few years 

I wouldn't have said it before today, but Fofana may indeed already be better than Soyuncu.  That tackle in the first half was the headliner (one of the best you'll ever see) but he was great all-around.  That attacking run he made was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Not a negative here but reality is enjoy the next 2 years, history tells us it's unlikely to see an elite player stay longer. Hes not you're average 19 year old clearly and no doubt has ambition to match. Gone are the days players settle for years, modern day problem. 

I get what you're saying and you're probably right but we've got 3 current players in the squad who have stuck with us through highs and lows, and at times could have jumped ship but stayed loyal. Kasper, Wes, Vardy.