Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Didn't seem it at the time though, that's kinda what I was saying. N’Didi had a small knee problem about this time last year too........

I hate knee injuries 

Pretty sure they said it was knee ligament damage just about straight away. Can't remember for sure.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

It could be even better than that. Just because that is how we have operated so far, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is how we will operate.

We've had to sell a key player each year in order to fund several new transfers, and thankfully our recruitment has been good enough that we've not suffered for it - instead actually improving the squad. If we start hitting regular European football however - as this squad looks to be capable of - then the CL money would basically cover that cost in its entirety (UK clubs get upwards of £60m just for being involved, equal to one+ major sale for us). We wouldn't have to sell big players in the same way that Man City, Chelsea etc don't have to. If we can keep enough key elements of this squad together for the next couple of seasons, then there's a very realistic chance that we can keep ourselves at the highest level and manage to self-fund ourselves without any major outgoings.

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that.  While Champions League participation would bring our broadcast income up, our total spending power would remain a fraction of the biggest clubs’.

This graph of 2016/2017 results illustrates.  Our CL quarterfinals year, it remains our high water mark in penetrating the financial elite.  We earned nearly ₤200M from TV (yellow), sixth-most in the world.

618855874_16-17Revenues.JPG.bbc010459f5e655d7f06ed9bf548e6c1.JPG

However, our commercial revenues (green) were still only a tenth of Man United’s nearly ₤300M.  That is a quarter-billion-pound gap.

Commercial sponsors pay for your club’s TV exposure and global profile and fanbase, and the latter can only be built gradually.  If we hit the jackpot and became regular CL participants, it could perhaps be done.  But bringing our commercial revenues into the top echelon would likely require King Power to relinquish the benefit of that extremely valuable exposure, and bid the shirt and stadium sponsorships out.  Would they?

• Thanks 1

Well whatever the future brings in regards to selling players I know that we as a club have never been so financial healthy and in safe hands. That for me is everything. it's not that I lack ambition or hopes for us ,But let's be honest we are never going to be one of the so-called big clubs in the league but so what? We know that as long as we have these wonderful owners we will be sitting at the top table each season and not constantly under threat of relegation at best or mouldering in the championship at worse. Think of all the so-called bigger clubs than us doing just that right now. We as fans have never had it so good. We are seeing football played by us the likes of which we have very rarely seen before  in the clubs history.I'm more than happy with that and long may it continue.Listening to those Arsenal fans with their whinging sense of entitlement was embarrassing ditto with the Man united fans I don't ever want us as a club to end up like that.

Edited by TRAD-DAD
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Commercial sponsors pay for your club’s TV exposure and global profile and fanbase, and the latter can only be built gradually.  If we hit the jackpot and became regular CL participants, it could perhaps be done.  But bringing our commercial revenues into the top echelon would likely require King Power to relinquish the benefit of that extremely valuable exposure, and bid the shirt and stadium sponsorships out.  Would they?

I think they would consider it - King Power is fairly well known already due to our recent PL/CL exploits, so the incremental value of further exposure will be less. This year is the first time they've given up half the shirt sponsorship to Thailand and the training kit sponsorship to the betting company.

21 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd still take Tarkowski at a reasonable price. For me it was never about Tarkowski being a bad player, it was more that he never had scope to be a world class player. Fofana did, there were enough anecdotes from those who'd watched him to suggest he could be that good and he's basically everything I hoped he'd be. He's been nearly faultless so far. I truly believe he will be a world class player.

Same for me, we'll never get anywhere taking the safe option.

We need to be looking to make at least half our transfer spending to go on talent that hasn't been snapped up by the elite clubs just yet. We win some and lose some but signing the likes of Tarkowski and Siggurdsson (that many wanted) for big money will see us as a mid table side. 90% of the time it's best to avoid signing players who have almost certainly hit their peak value. 

10 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Attention is already starting to rise unfortunately and we've already seen what he's like if he wants a transfer lol

Really hope he's not the best player we'll never get to see live. 

He probably just wanted to get away from Puel isn't that right Geoff?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gravel said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/11/09/rodney-marsh-urges-manchester-city-to-bid-75m-john-stones-for-32m-leicester-player/

Rodney Marsh tells another Manchester club to have pants taken down by Lestah.

To be honest, I wouldn't take 75 plus John Stones for Fofana right now. There is no value  to Stones for us.

75 million plus John stones what staggering arrogance.

1. Who says we want John stones especially now he's used to earning at least 150 grand a week. 

2. 75 million is ridiculous considering we have already sold an inferior, older CB for more than that! If he goes (and he will be under no illusions) its going to be close to world record money (200 million) 

• Like 1

What’s the latest on this foffana knee injury?

He’s currently with the French U21 national squad. Their apparently assessing his knee!

If he’s knackered cuz of this international break I think Top should personally call deschomps and give him a right earful. City medical team should have the right to fly him back if he’s not a 100%. He’s just a kid still and of course he’ll want to play but this is getting rediculous now.

How many of our top players are getting crocked. We really can’t afford to lose him for 1 game let alone several. Very concerning news.

• Haha 1