Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

A player like this just fills you with so much confidence as a spectator, let alone what he does as a teammate. You can afford slip ups because he's there covering and will deal with danger and have you back on the front foot within seconds.

Very much like Kante, you don't stress, even in dangerous areas because you just know he's going to deal with it. 

Pure class. 

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

A player like this just fills you with so much confidence as a spectator, let alone what he does as a teammate. You can afford slip ups because he's there covering and will deal with danger and have you back on the front foot within seconds.

Very much like Kante, you don't stress, even in dangerous areas because you just know he's going to deal with it. 

Pure class. 

I agree, when you know he is there, even in games like this you have that confidence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder what the Tarkowski camp are thinking now?  What a huge Fock up that would have been???

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we're back in for Tarko next off-season. Will be much cheaper then too.

Definitely will be. We need a Wes replacement and Evans is 33 in a few weeks, plus Tarks will have 12 months left on his deal too.

I wanted him to come here because he was proven and I thought we'd need that. I never imagined that Fofana would be as good as he is, he looks ridiculous.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TOMMYG said:

Evans 4th booking of the season today, so he's only 1 more away from a ban. Not sure how many games it will be for ( at least 2, i would have thought) . Just hope he doesn't pick up the 5th until Soyuncu's fit.

With how they've played recently, I'd be pretty comfortable with a back three of Fuchs-Fofana-Justin, especially if we can add even just one of Soyuncu, Pereira, Castagne or even Ndidi (as CB) into the picture as well. Evans is amazing, but it speaks volumes how far we've come that we can cope without him and still put in excellent performances.

• Like 1

Still early days of course, but if he can keep up these sorts of performances he's got to be a shoe-in for TOTS, surely, particularly with VVD out long term (whos otherwise have one of those spots by default, it seems). The kid is sensational. Our recruitment team deserve one hell of a pat on the back, but I doubt even they thought he'd be quite this good!

He's on another level.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Only problem is that every transfer window he spends here, we'll be putting up with gossip linking him elsewhere. 

Sensational.

Sky and the 'experts' will be trying to sell him. Same old shite 'he's good enough and deserves to be playing for one of the big clubs'. 'Frank, Mikel, Pep, Jose, that soft German twat, even Ole would improve him'. Yadda Yadda. 

• Like 2

I'd still take Tarkowski at a reasonable price. For me it was never about Tarkowski being a bad player, it was more that he never had scope to be a world class player. Fofana did, there were enough anecdotes from those who'd watched him to suggest he could be that good and he's basically everything I hoped he'd be. He's been nearly faultless so far. I truly believe he will be a world class player.

• Like 1