Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

To be expected. The links and suggestions will just get louder as we approach Jan and if he continues with performances like he has put in, the cries for him to join a big club will be deafening come the summer. The question is, will anyone part with £100 plus million for him. As big an initial impact as Kante. Hopefully he leaves with a major trophy medal too. 

Great work from our recruitment team to pull another gem out the bag. It shows if you’re ran properly and do your work, there is immense talent out there and you don’t need to spend £80m on a media hyped fridge. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

To be expected. The links and suggestions will just get louder as we approach Jan and if he continues with performances like he has put in, the cries for him to join a big club will be deafening come the summer. The question is, will anyone part with £100 plus million for him. As big an initial impact as Kante. Hopefully he leaves with a major trophy medal too. 

Great work from our recruitment team to pull another gem out the bag. It shows if you’re ran properly and do your work, there is immense talent out there and you don’t need to spend £80m on a media hyped fridge. 

This is where we find out he's got a 50m release clause lol

• Like 1

I usually refrain from all the hysteria on FF of hyping up (or down!) players at LCFC but......on this occasion i'll make an exception as Wesley Fofana looks an absolute Rolls-Royce of a footballer!!

Rarely (ie ever?) have i seen a 19 yo CB with as much composure, athleticism or ability to read the game so well at such a young age....or a young player who adapted so quickly and easily to top flight PL football. 

Im almost reluctant to mention his age as it seems almost irrelevant to his ability......he already plays like an experienced veteran with a younger mans natural athleticism.

I can only imagine how good this boy is going to be in 3-4 years time if he carries on like this,,,,but then again, i'm actually having difficulty identifying how or where he is going to improve as im struggling to see any weaknesses in his game right now??.

Hope im not over-hyping this but we have a recent history of making some great signings (Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Ndidi, Albrighton, Fuchs, etc, etc...) and i think Fofana is going to be right up there on this list before too long! 

• Like 2

He has withdrawn from the France U21 games due to injury

"Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana in turn had to withdraw from the next two U21 matches on Tuesday 10 November. He is not replaced."

https://www.fff.fr/actualites/195567-nicolas-cozza-remplace-ryan-ait-nouri?themePath=equipes-de-france-1/

"Wesley Fofana is forfeited with the Hopes. Knee inflammation for Leicester City defender"

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The most impressive thing about Wes is how good he actually is running with the ball. It’s like watching Vieria at times, and he’s a CB, we’ve seen Maguire amble out of the defence, and then Cags try it every now and then, but Wes charges with pace and power..... incredible athlete, literally creaming over here. 

Spot on. In my entire 20-25 years of supporting us, I’ve never seen anyone like this, that includes Ngolo who was similar to my initial reactions.

Barring any serious injury’s, Forfana will go right to the very top, I have absolutely no doubts about that. He has it all as you say and the way he comes out with the ball is incredible, his tacking, the ease he shows and he’s 19! It really has blown me away.

The best compliment I can pay to the lad, I was watching him vs Wolves closely for a bit and I honestly just thought it looked like a fully grown 18 year old in an under 10s game at times.

14 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Spot on. In my entire 20-25 years of supporting us, I’ve never seen anyone like this, that includes Ngolo who was similar to my initial reactions.

Barring any serious injury’s, Forfana will go right to the very top, I have absolutely no doubts about that. He has it all as you say and the way he comes out with the ball is incredible, his tacking, the ease he shows and he’s 19! It really has blown me away.

The best compliment I can pay to the lad, I was watching him vs Wolves closely for a bit and I honestly just thought it looked like a fully grown 18 year old in an under 10s game at times.

Absolutely, pains me to say it but.... He is a lot like a young Des Walker, but better. Incredible talent. 

• Like 1

It is rare to see a player so uniformly admired and agreed upon like this, and that's testament to his incredible ability, poise and evident commitment on the pitch. 

Hearing him compared to Kante is fair, inasmuch as he appears to have that extra factor that is both priceless and also very hard to quantify or prove - he seems to be a catalyst, so he improves the team not only by his brilliance, but in drawing the very best out of others too. 

As I said, impossible to prove, but that's how it looks to me.