Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

Could be a blessing in disguise Perez slotting in behind Vardy to help out the midfield and the striker. Might become a bit narrow but it's where Perez flourishes the most I think. Him moving inside centrally paves the way for Castagne to (hopefully) dominate that right wing.

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Every time I read a match thread I swear to myself I never will again. Fvck me. See you all at the end folks. X 

That kind of depends upon the result I suppose?

If we lose I'd recommend doing some jobs that you've been putting off like tidying your sock drawer or something.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

If we're resting players with small niggles rather than risking bigger injuries, then surely this is a lesson learnt from last season.

Totally agree, I said the same. Glad the lesson has been learned and also the squad depth is better that they can be rested.

• Like 2

Soucek is a threat from set-pieces. Ndidi would have been perfect to mark him. I'm guessing one of the centre-backs has to be picking him up at set-pieces. The other has to be on Antonio as he's also strong in the air.

I don’t get why Maddison isn’t playing, maybe he’s more seriously injured than people are letting on. He’s not barely played since Everton away last season and can’t seem to get any run of games.

Praet has been quality this year so hope it’s not as serious as it seems. Not much been heard from the camp on what’s wrong, seems strange.

I don’t like our system today , I think we will struggle . This (not Man City away) is a sign of how far we’ve come. Has a feel of Brighton at home last season, bit disjointed. Can’t see us winning but hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s strange what a difference a few months makes. 

Starting a game without Maddison, N’didi, Ricardo and Praet and having Mendy and Amartey in the side would have filled me with dread. Now I’m a bit sort of: “mmm... ok ....” 

This perspective has ruined my positivity.

No idea now. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Could be a blessing in disguise Perez slotting in behind Vardy to help out the midfield and the striker. Might become a bit narrow but it's where Perez flourishes the most I think. Him moving inside centrally paves the way for Castagne to (hopefully) dominate that right wing.

he’s not as good a tackler as Praet. I hope he has a good game and he always seems to  shine against Hammers. I fear Antonio in this game. I think he will cause problems, 

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

I am confident we will win today. Yet we have over £200 million pound worth of players missing in Ricardo, Madders, Praet and Ndidi. That is a lot of talent to come back at some point 

At this rate, our B-team might be capable of winning more than a minor cup-game...  That's not allowed is it? :P 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Soucek is a threat from set-pieces. Ndidi would have been perfect to mark him. I'm guessing one of the centre-backs has to be picking him up at set-pieces. The other has to be on Antonio as he's also strong in the air.

Yeh thats my worry for today. Add into that Rice and their 2 centre backs and we are at a disadvantage big time.