Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The worry I have is the depleted midfield spark with them 2 out. Emphasis on wingers and i agree with Under playing.

Agreed. We could have even gone 4-4-1-1 with Perez in the whole and Under on the right 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

IF MADDISON LEAVES FOR UTD IM OUT! That's the last straw - bloody man u - I've never "hated" a rival football team - like TRULY hated them until now - they can get to **inset lots of swearing here**

(....lets hope he's just injured and my meltdown is for nothing... :ph34r:)

I completely concur with your bracketed disclaimer..

But for the first bit... could it be OK now Praet is so good and our transfer business is now looking too drawer? 

My first reaction to the team was similar to pre man city but as I said tongue in cheek, could it actually prove more attacking? And counter our own weaknesses in that it doesn't work against the very best (or even a poorer team having the game of their lives?) 

It could also be us going toe to toe with these, confident that man for man we are far superior, and also work for when Fofana is ready. 

Not a pop at you, but definitely for some - they have earned the right for no snap judgements from us imo. 

I'm pretty sure for all the similarities, we certainly won't be seeing 10 men behind the ball when they attack. 

(also excited about the idea of Amartey as pivot and silky Mendy further forwards for this one, taking into account injuries) 

• Like 1

I'm pleased for Amartey as his performance didn't deserve getting dropped. Losing Praet is a blow considering his early season form. Madders less so as he's played a bit part so far anyway, but he will be integral once he's fully fit again, and we will miss that ability to score the type of goal he did last weekend.

Perez is an able deputy if he's being deployed centrally though. That's where I think he's most effective. We still have Castagne and Justin raiding down the wings, Vardy's on fire, Mendy and Tielemans seem to work very well together and Barnes is always dangerous.

We need to keep our wits about us today but we're still strong enough and good enough to do it.

• Like 1