Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I knew we'd stick to a back 5 but its simply wrong, it suited Man City but our best way of playing is 4-1-4-1 against most teams in this league.

That could easily be 4-1-4-1 with Amartey as the pivot. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Surely we picked the team to play Man City, seeing as we haven’t played it so far. So it was set up to counter them, rather than set up to our specific strengths.

So other than not wanting to change a winning team, why keep the same team for a completely different challenge.

Be interesting to see what he says. 

Especially with Maddison and Praet out, it looks like he's kept the back 5 and just tried to fit the rest in but 4-1-4-1 brings out the best of our attack minded players and we need that in games like this.

IF MADDISON LEAVES FOR UTD IM OUT! That's the last straw - bloody man u - I've never "hated" a rival football team - like TRULY hated them until now - they can get to **inset lots of swearing here**

(....lets hope he's just injured and my meltdown is for nothing... :ph34r:)

• Like 3

Hope Rodgers won't play in the same way against West ham. They're gonna allow us to play so it may have been better to go back to 4-1-4-1 today and play someone who is better on the ball and more creative. I'd personally have played Perez central and brought Under in but trust BR fully. 

Just now, AmyLGK said:

IF MADDISON LEAVES FOR UTD IM OUT! That's the last straw - bloody man u - I've never "hated" a rival football team - like TRULY hated them until now - they can get to **inset lots of swearing here**

(....lets hope he's just injured and my meltdown is for nothing... :ph34r:)

Absolutely no chance he’s going Man Utd

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Especially with Maddison and Praet out, it looks like he's kept the back 5 and just tried to fit the rest in but 4-1-4-1 brings out the best of our attack minded players and we need that in games like this.

With no other dynamic central midfielder though 4-1-4-1 is just 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2 like today. I think we will miss Praet today, hope he is back after the international break.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

I get it now I’ve seen both of them are out to be fair. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

With no other dynamic central midfielder though 4-1-4-1 is just 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2 like today. I think we will miss Praet today, hope he is back after the international break.

Everyone knows their roles in 4-1-4-1 and its fluent. I can't think of a game where three at the back has worked at home? I know a few times last season we tried it with Bennett and grinded out a win but it was horrid stuff.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Surely we picked the team to play Man City, seeing as we haven’t played it so far. So it was set up to counter them, rather than set up to our specific strengths.

So other than not wanting to change a winning team, why keep the same team for a completely different challenge.

Be interesting to see what he says. 

Scratch that, just noticed Praet and Madders are out. Which would explain it.

That and also West Ham are pretty direct, we have looked a bit poor at set pieces, so with Ndidi, big Dan height helps 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Not sure about that selection...

What would you have gone with? An Under who isn’t settled yet out wide with Perez behind Vardy? Could be the second half plan for all we know...