Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

10 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Of course it will be popular with the lower leagues, all they see is large sums of money and nothing else, Waite until they get fcuked over two or three years down the line when the big six are fed up of paying to keep them afloat.

It will be guaranteed for more than a few years ....... there will be legally binding time lines. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It will be guaranteed for more than a few years ....... there will be legally binding time lines. 

untill that runs out and they do away with relegation all together

we all know thats what they want, franchise football on steroids.

36 minutes ago, twister said:

forests owner obviously going ''well olympiakos are my pet, and forest the feeder little club''

wonder how the two times champions league winners feel about having zero hope of ever competing again

They've never played in the Champions League. They twice won a competition that hasn't been played for since 1992.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

They've never played in the Champions League. They twice won a competition that hasn't been played for since 1992.

champions cup winners, the point still stands

they would never be able climb the league and win a league title ever again that's the whole point of this land grab to prevent this

9 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Let them go they would soon get fed up of being at the bottom of a super league and want to come back, we should then fcuk them off to the lowest league in English football and exclude them from any competition.

FCUKING SCUM the lot of them.

This would be best for everyone. the remaining clubs would still be in the top tier of English football and it would still be the premier league plus there would be an additional 6 clubs promoted from the championship. Sky and Bt are still contracted to pay the premier league up until the end of 2022, they might try to muscle in on the breakaway clubs, but that will become a worldwide market and there are bigger players in the grand scheme of things. It’s time for the FA to show some balls and say if you form a breakaway European super league, you will no longer be part of the English league and the competitions  within it and also tell them they won’t be allowed to play in Europe because it’s the fa that decide if they can or can’t plus if you want to return you have to stay at the bottom of the pyramid because your place has been taken.

• Like 1

The plan won’t be accepted in it’s current form and I suspect the big 6 knew it wouldn’t be all along, but probably hope nevertheless to use the threat as a bargaining chip to get a better deal as a price for helping the EFL.

However, it may have backfired because they created a lot of ill-will in the process.

1 minute ago, Mr Weller said:

The plan won’t be accepted in it’s current form and I suspect the big 6 knew it wouldn’t be all along, but probably hope nevertheless to use the threat as a bargaining chip to get a better deal as a price for helping the EFL.

However, it may have backfired because they created a lot of ill-will in the process.

i despite every single one of them, and i'd hope if the deal goes through fans boycott every single game their involved in from non top 6 clubs.

23 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Wait until they change the Transfer System to the Ameican version....

I've been saying for YEARS we've been steadily Americanising sport. Through language initially. 

I was scoffed at but it's happening, bit by bit. And for the worse. 

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Even fans of the big six clubs don't like this on the whole. Seems however that lower league clubs are easily bought. I guess if you've got very little chance of getting to the top then, yeah, gimme the money!

Very harsh mate, they are desperate and many on the the verge of going bust.

They have been out any real income for 8 months with huge outgoings and have been offered no support from the government unlike rugby league or the arts! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Even fans of the big six clubs don't like this on the whole. Seems however that lower league clubs are easily bought. I guess if you've got very little chance of getting to the top then, yeah, gimme the money!

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

They have been out any real income for 8 months with huge outgoings and have been offered no support from the government unlike rugby league or the arts! 

they have a gun against their head the efl, its take our money or  die.

No doubt though neville will love this deal, can achieve his dream of getting a non entity club up endless divisons so they can be united's b team.

its all disgusting.

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

That's true. Not sure how much the promised riches will help them over the long term though.

It's annoying that just one many of the elite players of these clubs could sacrifice their wages for a few weeks and bank roll half a dozen clubs each.

Such a disparity.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Wait until they change the Transfer System to the Ameican version....

Why would the 'big 6' want that? A monetary system suits them far better, as they have more money than anyone else.

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I've been saying for YEARS we've been steadily Americanising sport. Through language initially. 

I was scoffed at but it's happening, bit by bit. And for the worse. 

Hopefully we never follow their closed shop franchise system, but the American sports leagues are actually the most egalitarian in the world. Salary caps, the worst team gets first pick of the best young college players, TV revenue shared equally. The Kansas City Chiefs are the current NFL champs. Kansas! That's the equivalent of Norwich being Premier League champions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

That's true. Not sure how much the promised riches will help them over the long term though.

It's annoying that just one many of the elite players of these clubs could sacrifice their wages for a few weeks and bank roll half a dozen clubs each.

Such a disparity.

They won't be thinking long term mate a lot will be happy to get through November in the current situation. I liked the idea of a transfer tax for all buying British teams that's distributed across the pyramid. Even if it was 2% for the next 4 window the could equate to nearly 100 million quid to fill the financial void. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Such a disparity.

But a lot of them are looking at either gong bust or owners having to pump in more cash to keep them going. The vast majority know they have no chance of ever getting to the premier league and therefore the promise of a safety payment now and future annual payments is very attractive .....they aren’t thanking about the future of the prem at this juncture and given the urgency of the situation, I get it. 

so the pressure will come onto the ‘other 14’  who are in effect blocking the monies that could save the pyramid!  it’s nuts of course but easy to spin ....

It’s a shame that the more altruistic elements of the plan weren’t put forward by the premier league as a whole previously but now that they have been proposed the 20 clubs could adopt them whilst rejecting the power grab. If the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd then sod off to a European Super League I for one would be delighted 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why would the 'big 6' want that? A monetary system suits them far better, as they have more money than anyone else.

Hopefully we never follow their closed shop franchise system, but the American sports leagues are actually the most egalitarian in the world. Salary caps, the worst team gets first pick of the best young college players, TV revenue shared equally. The Kansas City Chiefs are the current NFL champs. Kansas! That's the equivalent of Norwich being Premier League champions.

The public are desperate for it, by and large. 

Look at the state of the 'matchday experiences' and the general atmosphere during a Premier league match. The battle is largely lost. 

25 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

As someone who works in 'the arts', may I kindly point out that the money released went to the top end, and those lower down the food chain are in desperate trouble. I'm one of the lucky ones (so far) because I teach and my income stream is 100% self-employed, but please believe me, this government is no friend of anything most of us care about.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The public are desperate for it, by and large. 

Look at the state of the 'matchday experiences' and the general atmosphere during a Premier league match. The battle is largely lost. 

So it's more the cultural aspect that you have an issue with?

I'll say this. Henry would never try to pull this shit in an American sports league. The only reason he's trying it over here is because football is already structured so unequally, both financially and politically, in favour of big clubs like his.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

Well the last week has just about finished me with football at this level, we’re a decent club, but generally the big 6’s plastics in Africa and the Far East ‘Liverpool have been my team since Istanbul’ :rolleyes: are held in higher regard than those of us who go every week. 

They’re killing it. 

• Thanks 1