Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

They know how to beat us? 

We spanked them twice last season, and their keeper had the game of his life at Villa Park in the cup semi. 

Add the incredible VAR penalty not given as well. 

They are decent and have improved, but we've easily got enough about us to put them away

Exactly! They are a different beast now though with some very good signings but we play our preferred formation and don't make horrific defensive blunders and we should have too much for them to deal with.

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

As always, I looked at our opponents’ pre-match thread. I can save you the time …

VillaPie.JPG.60b60b6994a3073b86452c0c70a359fe.JPG

Villans.png.0e3efce23f0b16cf13d945864a9539f6.png

Not the most humble, or nuanced fans are they?

These “killers” are in this division only by the grace of some jokester-god.  While it will require our best, they need another spanking.

..absolutely brilliant cartoon....top class Villa....top class!!!!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly! They are a different beast now though with some very good signings but we play our preferred formation and don't make horrific defensive blunders and we should have too much for them to deal with.

Most teams in this division will punish you if you make blunders and have the defensive capability to keep you out, when you try and fight back. 

We weren't good v West Ham and most on here would say they deserved their win. 

Play like we can, and we'd give most teams a good game. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Taking in to consideration their result against Liverpool, and ours against Man City - i would take 'form' with a pinch of salt this early in the season.

We are more than capable of beating these so long as we turn up with the right attitude. 

We have shown time after time that when we turn up, we are more than capable of beating any team in the league, it's the inconsistency that seems to be the ugly wart stuck to our club!

Anyway...back to the point....yeah we'll win but should man mark Grealish.  Take him away and Villa's infrastructure crumbles.

What about Watkins, McGinn and Barkley etc? If we're half arsed like we were against West Ham theyll beat us easily. 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

What about Watkins, McGinn and Barkley etc? If we're half arsed like we were against West Ham theyll beat us easily. 

Yeh, i am not doubting they have quality in other areas but Grealish is the main cog of which the whole team works.

I'm not going to list their whole squad as being good players - we can probably gather that by them being in the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

If he is, we could be starting big and little Wes with only Benko and an exhausted Evans for cover.

If Jonny plays for NI Wednesday, that’s five full hours in six days, with less than four days to recover …

Surely Brendan will be on the phone to NI telling them not to take the piss.

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

Most teams in this division will punish you if you make blunders and have the defensive capability to keep you out, when you try and fight back. 

We weren't good v West Ham and most on here would say they deserved their win. 

Play like we can, and we'd give most teams a good game. 

...only if they let us!!!

We need to understand that there is now a shift where the previously viewed lesser team now have a weapon that has now become a "leveler". We experienced it against W. Ham and will continue to struggle to overcome a style that seemingly negates the Big 6.

35 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Evans

Fofana

Albrighton

Praet

Mendy

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Vardy

Sub: Ward, Justin, Fuchs, Choudhury, Barnes, Perez, Iheanacho 

...am I missing something here?

Has Ünder received an injury or is this a tactical setup to combat Villa as his omission makes no sense and playing a three at the back with Soyuncu on the right is asking for trouble. Soyuncu struggles in that combination and does not engage the winger or  wide player as he takes up a position suited to the Centre Back and unless we give him cover he will be exposed by Grealish time and time again.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...am I missing something here?

Has Ünder received an injury or is this a tactical setup to combat Villa as his omission makes no sense and playing a three at the back with Soyuncu on the right is asking for trouble. Soyuncu struggles in that combination and does not engage the winger or  wide player as he takes up a position suited to the Centre Back and unless we give him cover he will be exposed by Grealish time and time again.

Can Fofana play right back? Leave Under on the bench and play Timmy right mid. I just hope we don't play 5 at the back and Jamie alone up front at home again. Hopefully Nacho up front in a 4-4-2. Praet will not be fit enough nor Maddison. 

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Can Fofana play right back? Leave Under on the bench and play Timmy right mid. I just hope we don't play 5 at the back and Jamie alone up front at home again. Hopefully Nacho up front in a 4-4-2. Praet will not be fit enough nor Maddison. 

...we are so accident prone at the moment, I dread to have Fofana playing in a position that makes him play in a manner he would not necessarily do!!!

Play Castagne on the right with Under ahead of him (or even Albrighton to start) with Perez playing just off Vardy.

These injuries are becoming very noticeable and a long time to resolve, with the player having continued playing and seemingly ok. If this was a situation that Rennie found himself, being at loggerheads with the coaching staff then the sooner they either get someone in place who can stand up for the players and pull them out of games for their and obviously the teams benefit the better.

There is a duty of care attached to the club and its staff and I wonder if it is foremost in their thoughts.

Grealish is a very good player, but I wouldn't go out of the way to make any extra special arrangements for him. He's no Kevin De Bruyne, and there's no need to start moving personnel around to (over)compensate for his presence. Frankly think Barkley if he's up for it on the day (as an Evertonian, he was visibly motivated for the Liverpool game and his Villa EPL debut) has a greater potential to hurt us.

11 hours ago, Bert said:

Let’s not fear them! We have more than enough to beat them 

It's not fear, it's common sense to think that we're especially vulnerable to the counter attack with the way we play.

There's a blueprint to frustrate us and beat us and the only time we've altered our style is against Man City.

We need to be pragmatic.

• Like 1