Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Grealish is a very good player, but I wouldn't go out of the way to make any extra special arrangements for him. He's no Kevin De Bruyne, and there's no need to start moving personnel around to (over)compensate for his presence. Frankly think Barkley if he's up for it on the day (as an Evertonian, he was visibly motivated for the Liverpool game and his Villa EPL debut) has a greater potential to hurt us.

Grealish is everything we struggle against. Strong runner fairly pacey and good with the ball. He is also a slimey git who wins most free kicks he goes down for. If Timmy does not stop Grealish he will run riot down that flank, and frankly I don't trust Cags as far as I could throw him at the minute, he is all over the place so it is imperative we stop the threat of Grealish. 

They are a good side, and I think they have players that can inflict real damage when they are on song, Barkley is a decent player and he will suite their style too. I'm not confident we will win at all, we will have to really turn things around following that West ham defeat, because Villa will come and to exactly the same. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Grealish is everything we struggle against. Strong runner fairly pacey and good with the ball. He is also a slimey git who wins most free kicks he goes down for. If Timmy does not stop Grealish he will run riot down that flank, and frankly I don't trust Cags as far as I could throw him at the minute, he is all over the place so it is imperative we stop the threat of Grealish. 

They are a good side, and I think they have players that can inflict real damage when they are on song, Barkley is a decent player and he will suite their style too. I'm not confident we will win at all, we will have to really turn things around following that West ham defeat, because Villa will come and to exactly the same. 

I will be content to just stick Castagne on Grealish. That should suffice, with the usual support from the CDM (Mendy).

Barkley was all over the Park from the get against Liverpool and could easily have gotten a hat-trick with better finishing, while Watkins showed a real goal poacher's instinct. We would be badly hurt by these two if we overly concentrate on Grealish (not saying we shouldn't respect him). Even Traore off the bench to run at tiring defenders could be tricky for us. They have built a much better team than last season's version, but still (and perhaps it's just my blue-tinted glasses) on our day we should still have enough to overcome Villa.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I will be content to just stick Castagne on Grealish. That should suffice, with the usual support from the CDM (Mendy).

Barkley was all over the Park from the get against Liverpool and could easily have gotten a hat-trick with better finishing, while Watkins showed a real goal poacher's instinct. We would be badly hurt by these two if we overly concentrate on Grealish (not saying we shouldn't respect him). Even Traore off the bench to run at tiring defenders could be tricky for us. They have built a much better team than last season's version, but still (and perhaps it's just my blue-tinted glasses) on our day we should still have enough to overcome Villa.   

I agree. With us we have to be playing well as a team otherwise things don't work. Villa are still very top heavy for me, their back four is shite, I don't rate Mings at all, and the full backs are not much either. If we are on song up front and have a solid day at the back, we should win. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree. With us we have to be playing well as a team otherwise things don't work. Villa are still very top heavy for me, their back four is shite, I don't rate Mings at all, and the full backs are not much either. If we are on song up front and have a solid day at the back, we should win. 

I agree they will always look pretty on the ball going forward now with Barkley Grealish McGinn Ect as they all very talented but defending wise they are still mostly the same rubbish that nearly got them relegated.

As long as Praet or Madders are playing I can get myself up for this as we will be able to hurt them more.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's not fear, it's common sense to think that we're especially vulnerable to the counter attack with the way we play.

There's a blueprint to frustrate us and beat us and the only time we've altered our style is against Man City.

We need to be pragmatic.

Negative mindset means you’ve lost before you’ve even started. 

On 11/10/2020 at 20:03, Royston. said:

Villa will be flying and have a go at us but that will suit us.

Cant imagine us playing as poorly as we did v west ham ever again.

This is a fairly similar line that I used after most games for the majority of the first half of 2020. You just don't know what team will show up these days!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Has to be 4-2-3-1 or a diamond for this game. Keeping Grealish And McGinn quiet is key. Stop those two influencing the game and they’re beaten. 

Brendan employed the diamond to great success away to Villa last season but it would be suicide against them now. Depends upon a very flexible mobile MF and a solid DM - without Wilf to sit in front of, safeguard and provide additional cover for our CBs our already frail looking defence would be very vulnerable particularly since mobility up the flanks is even more important than usual for the FBs. 

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

FFS I thought this was a Saturday 3pm ko. Are we ever going to play on a Saturday ever again. Frankly I’m sick of it. 

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We're playing Thursday/Sunday for the foreseeable!

I don't mind a Sunday KO but Sunday at 7.15pm, Meh!

We have moved up the ladder...The likes of Aston Villa will also of learnt & will have their own aspirations.

I dont like these ill advised wastefull Internationals,especially with the Corona -issue,they cut Deep into the Basic various European National leagues at the wrong time..!!

These games, every season, will show both sides how far they have come,and how near they are to their Ambitions..

We like A.Villa only Need to lose 2 more Class  players to injury & those ambitions will lay dead in the water....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Bert said:

Negative mindset means you’ve lost before you’ve even started. 

But then again, if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail 

I got a whole bag of trite sayings here  :thumbup:

• Haha 4

On 12/10/2020 at 23:31, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are so accident prone at the moment, I dread to have Fofana playing in a position that makes him play in a manner he would not necessarily do!!!

Play Castagne on the right with Under ahead of him (or even Albrighton to start) with Perez playing just off Vardy.

These injuries are becoming very noticeable and a long time to resolve, with the player having continued playing and seemingly ok. If this was a situation that Rennie found himself, being at loggerheads with the coaching staff then the sooner they either get someone in place who can stand up for the players and pull them out of games for their and obviously the teams benefit the better.

There is a duty of care attached to the club and its staff and I wonder if it is foremost in their thoughts.

You started off so well but unless you are an itk on this issue it seems like an incredible tin hat moment that you have taken and ran with. 

Please advise. 

Regards

😱🤣

If we are the squad, we profess to be, Let .Villa worry about us....

Putting someone on Grealish,means we dont Trust our Star players..Plus why waste Castagne, or A.N.Other strengths to follow Grealish around....

Why should concentrate on  Stopping Grealish !!!....Can they Stop Barnes,Praet,Tielemans. Maddison ( if he plays) .???

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

You started off so well but unless you are an itk on this issue it seems like an incredible tin hat moment that you have taken and ran with. 

Please advise. 

Regards

😱🤣

...not an in the know, but you will be aware that the injuries occured and yet the player continued to play on, sometimes to the end of the game!!

Later we find the player will be out for an unexpected duration of time which begs the question why did he continue to play  exacerbating the problem.

My thoughts are if the Rennie situation was due to him advocating for the players, obviously contradicting what is at present being carried out, then we need someone who can assess an injury and  over rule any attempt to allow a player to continue, as it is not in the player, or the clubs interest, for him to continue to play to the end.

As I have said, I am not In The Know but it is a what I have noticed!!!

On 13/10/2020 at 10:09, les-tah said:

I agree they will always look pretty on the ball going forward now with Barkley Grealish McGinn Ect as they all very talented but defending wise they are still mostly the same rubbish that nearly got them relegated.

As long as Praet or Madders are playing I can get myself up for this as we will be able to hurt them more.

I concur. 

Without either of those 2 we look a bit poo. 💩💩💩💩💩 (our team sheet at least)