Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

So the Evans injury was caused by "landing awkwardly" against Arsenal? That will be when Lacazette smashed him while he was jumping for a header. If Pawson had booked Lacazette after any of the 82 fouls he'd done prior to that, maybe Evans wouldn't be injured. The gift that is the shitastic referreeing of Craig Pawson never stops giving.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

So the Evans injury was caused by "landing awkwardly" against Arsenal? That will be when Lacazette smashed him while he was jumping for a header. If Pawson had booked Lacazette after any of the 82 fouls he'd done prior to that, maybe Evans wouldn't be injured. The gift that is the shitastic referreeing of Craig Pawson never stops giving.

Defo! I think we had committed 9 fouls as a team and got 5 booking and Lacazette committed about 5 himself. That was a bad tackle on Evans and you seen him lining Evans up. In rugby that call that a spear tackle and even their players get a red for that, naughty nasty tackle, he really pissed me off that game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Defo! I think we had committed 9 fouls as a team and got 5 booking and Lacazette committed about 5 himself. That was a bad tackle on Evans and you seen him lining Evans up. In rugby that call that a spear tackle and even their players get a red for that, naughty nasty tackle, he really pissed me off that game!

Pedantically it isn’t .... but taking a player out whilst he is off the ground is generally a yellow card sin bin offence. 

15 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’m no microbiologist but I think that extreme heat kills viruses and other pathogens, extreme cold just 

stops them from multiplying.

They're technically not alive in the first place. But you're correct the temperatures would make the virus dormant . 

Edit: For example we store bacteria/viral samples at -70/-80 Degrees, and thaw them out when needed. 

Edited by UniFox21

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Dave Rennie currently live on Sky Sports News discussing the number of injuries in the Premier League this season.

Can’t help feeling he should have had a bandage around his head, an eye-patch and maybe a plaster on his cheek. Retail theatre and all that. 👍

• Haha 1

On 30/10/2020 at 11:35, ALC Fox said:

Ricardo back after the international break :scarf:

I wonder if he'll be fit enough to start? The prospect of starting him and Castagne against Liverpool is tantalising!

Nope probs won't even get any minutes unless he plays with the development squad to get his match fitness up before the game I cant see him starting or getting on until 70+ minutes 

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

For once, I'm thankful for an international break.

Doesn't sound too serious, and we should have Castagne and Amartey back for the Liverpool game, so I'm not too worried.

Amartey can fill in for Little Wes... we won't know the difference 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Updates from Rodgers 

Ricardo has been absent since March with an ACL injury, while Ndidi (adductor), Castagne (hamstring) and Söyüncü (adductor) have also spent spells on the sidelines this term.

That quartet have been in training with the squad this week as Leicester continue their preparations to tackle Jürgen Klopp’s men, who have injury concerns of their own.

France Under-21s international Wesley Fofana, on the other hand, missed fixtures for his country last week with a knee complaint, but has returned to training with the Foxes.

"Ricardo’s in training with the group, which is great news, and he’ll most probably play in a reserve game next week," Rodgers revealed. "He’s progressing really well.

Timothy Castagne's back in again, which is great news, and Wesley Fofana will be fine, so we’re slowly starting to get our players back.

"Wilf is out on the field. He still has a number of weeks to go, but he’s progressing well. Söyüncü, likewise, is maybe a few weeks away, but training with the squad.

Timothy Castagne's back in again, which is great news, and Wesley Fofana will be fine, so we’re slowly starting to get our players back."

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Perhaps time to revisit this thread.

Praet and Vardy now on the sidelines for quite a few weeks to come, and at a crucial time in our season 😢.

2 massive players that we will badly miss.

We can't rely on Iheanacho and Perez to step into Vardy's boots, it's been tried before and it failed miserably.

If we don't strengthen in this window I feel we're going to end up with the same scenario as last season, falling away in the league and exiting the cups..

Question is has the club learnt from not strengthening in last January's window, when we cheapskated on just bringing in bloody Ryan Bennett!!... that decision cost us a CL place.

I'll be gutted if the same mistake is made again.

• Like 1