Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps time to revisit this thread.

Praet and Vardy now on the sidelines for quite a few weeks to come, and at a crucial time in our season 😢.

2 massive players that we will badly miss.

We can't rely on Iheanacho and Perez to step into Vardy's boots, it's been tried before and it failed miserably.

If we don't strengthen in this window I feel we're going to end up with the same scenario as last season, falling away in the league and exiting the cups..

Question is has the club learnt from not strengthening in last January's window, when we cheapskated on just bringing in bloody Ryan Bennett!!... that decision cost us a CL place.

I'll be gutted if the same mistake is made again.

It's well established that there will be lots of injuries this season for all clubs due to a lack of a proper pre season, fixture conjestion and not being able to use equipment such as cryochambers due to covid. We actually have one of the fewest amount of players out of everybody in the Premier league. 

Probably best we don't revisit this thread bitching and moaning every time a couple of players get injured it's going to happen thats a fact of life this season. Especially when one of the injuries is a 34 year who has played practically every minute of the Premier league he's been fit for so far. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's well established that there will be lots of injuries this season for all clubs due to a lack of a proper pre season, fixture conjestion and not being able to use equipment such as cryochambers due to covid. We actually have one of the fewest amount of players out of everybody in the Premier league. 

Probably best we don't revisit this thread bitching and moaning every time a couple of players get injured it's going to happen thats a fact of life this season. Especially when one of the injuries is a 34 year who has played practically every minute of the Premier league he's been fit for so far. 

Is that true. From above..?

Because I understood..

Our whole First team Bline. Our DM and AM..long term injuries...half a season plus..!!!

Our covering and fringe players having 3+ weeks  & reoccuring injuries...

Some still not fully recovered..!! Some only Now becoming Match fit...

Our Major striker, with no serious back-up,having to Nurse & managed for over a Full playing year now.I

Missing 6+ First teamers at the beginning and deep into the season...Ad  few stops & starts....

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Is that true. From above..?

Because I understood..

Our whole First team Bline. Our DM and AM..long term injuries...half a season plus..!!!

Our covering and fringe players having 3+ weeks  & reoccuring injuries...

Some still not fully recovered..!! Some only Now becoming Match fit...

Our Major striker, with no serious back-up,having to Nurse & managed for over a Full playing year now.I

Missing 6+ First teamers at the beginning and deep into the season...Ad  few stops & starts....

I'm talking about right now, not the season as a whole currently there is 15 sides with more or the same number of players out https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I'm talking about right now, not the season as a whole currently there is 15 sides with more or the same number of players out https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

That also has us at 4 injuries, with one of those (Mendy) just a slight strain of the neck. 
Another one (Morgan) out 5th possibly 6th choice CB who is highly unlikely to start another game for us again.

2 key injuries at this stage of the season is amazing, Praet isn’t a guarantee to start every game but our first choice back up player.

Vardy is obviously a huge loss, but we have a few options who will be given opportunities and must be looking to grab them with both hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Vardy back for Wolves

Castagne out for 'small amount of time'.

Fofana being assessed after he felt something in his hamstring.

Praet, Ndidi, Castagne, Fofana all having hamstring-related injuries. Thankfully only one of them serious. 

The effects of a lack of pre-season and big cluster of games really taking its toll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Vardy back for Wolves

Castagne out for 'small amount of time'.

Fofana being assessed after he felt something in his hamstring.

Praet, Ndidi, Castagne, Fofana all having hamstring-related injuries. Thankfully only one of them serious. 

The effects of a lack of pre-season and big cluster of games really taking its toll.

Happening to all clubs unfortunately, both Raphinha and Rodrigo who went off injured for Leeds yesterday were due to muscle injuries

Just something we are going to have to deal with this season it seems

Then the players get no rest in the summer because of the Euros and it carries on next season as well, with Africa Cup of Nations in Jan 2022 as well, Youri and Ndidi are going to be in wheelchairs unable to walk by this time next year

• Like 1

Sadly I think Wes is done now, if he's got a back problem and unavailable having not played for two months then I can't see when or where he plays. Fuchs should probably be moved on with our best wishes too, the money saved from their wages could be put to better use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Happening to all clubs unfortunately, both Raphinha and Rodrigo who went off injured for Leeds yesterday were due to muscle injuries

Just something we are going to have to deal with this season it seems

Then the players get no rest in the summer because of the Euros and it carries on next season as well, with Africa Cup of Nations in Jan 2022 as well, Youri and Ndidi are going to be in wheelchairs unable to walk by this time next year

Albeit the Euros are a massive tournament both for fans and players. Do you agree that there will be some scepticism from players and clubs alike that the amount of pressure the last 2 years has took out of them may be a bit too much? If I was a club owner or physio or some players then I'd be worried. I think they need to put it back a year and think about where covid is right now. We've had our national games condensed and our European games condensed too to the point where playing once every 4 minimum is what we're told acceptable. I dont think it is. If the Euros happens there will be a lot of hamstring related injuries on top of going back to their clubs and thrown into training with a proxy 2 week holiday.