Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Must have quite a knock/strain to not be able to take a pen …..

It just has to be.  The only thing that makes me question it slightly is there were rumours he said he didn’t want a penalty when England played Columbia. Should have been him and not dier taking the final shot. 

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It just has to be.  The only thing that makes me question it slightly is there were rumours he said he didn’t want a penalty when England played Columbia. Should have been him and not dier taking the final shot. 

Felt his groin before, see him holding it in the vid of that 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

As expected. It just wouldn’t make sense for him to not step up. I wasn’t aware of the 5 subs in 3 phases rule, which clarifies the situation. 

sill would rather he took one with one leg than any of the players left at that stage but hey ho, on we go 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

What a dramatic overreaction. For all we know Ricardo might have felt okay to play? He might have been overconfident. Can't blame that on our medical staff surely? 

If anything blame that spawny little shit Morton for the bad tackle in the first place. 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

All you can do in those situations is ask the player how they are going?

If they say they are good to continue, you’re not going to drag them off. 
In game, it’s all on the player.

Lol, what? All you can do is ask the player how they are going? Haha, I mean - I'm struggling to type a response to that, I'm gobsmacked.

Yes, I can blame the team for letting a player diagnose themselves.  Dr. Pereira played with a torn ACL like a year ago - perhaps he's not qualified to make that call?

Why not just have Filbert run on the pitch and ask Riccy if he's ok?  Would certainly save some money.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

Lol, what? All you can do is ask the player how they are going? Haha, I mean - I'm struggling to type a response to that, I'm gobsmacked.

Yes, I can blame the team for letting a player diagnose themselves.  Dr. Pereira played with a torn ACL like a year ago - perhaps he's not qualified to make that call?

Why not just have Filbert run on the pitch and ask Riccy if he's ok?  Would certainly save some money.

lol what a ridiculous response. Of course you ask the player how they are feeling? What do you want them to do? A scan on the side of the pitch?

If a player says they are fine to continue, you let them continue, if a player says they have a problem then you investigate further.

Have you visited a doctor at any point in your life? Does he magically guess what’s wrong with you, without you telling him?

• Like 4

Ricardo was on the pitch at the end having a thorough discussion with the referee. No sign of crutches or any wearable brace, so hopefully it's not bad.

Soyuncu is a big loss though, even if he's still not been 100% himself.

Anything on Daka? Looked uncomfortable coming off.

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

lol what a ridiculous response. Of course you ask the player how they are feeling? What do you want them to do? A scan on the side of the pitch?

If a player says they are fine to continue, you let them continue, if a player says they have a problem then you investigate further.

Have you visited a doctor at any point in your life? Does he magically guess what’s wrong with you, without you telling him?

You'd have a better point if the same player hadn't literally played on a torn ACL in the very recent past. Have you ever heard the word "precautionary"? Neither has our medical team.  

These are the facts:

- horror tackle on same knee that has previously been injured

- riccy clearly hurt, goes down shortly after

- riccy stays on, continuing to be clearly injured

- riccy goes down 2nd time and goes off

There's no way to spin that - it's shocking.

Also, that's an awful analogy.  If I walked into my dr's office and he saw some cvnt in a Liverpool shirt scissor tackle me either side of the knee, then I hobbled around for a couple minutes, I'd like to think he wouldn't have to "magically guess" what may be wrong.

Also, Rodgers coming out and saying Vardy pulled his hamstring with 30 to go completely contradicts that position. 

FT: "All you can do is ask the player, if they say they're ok, they have to stay on!"

Vardy: "I pulled my hamstring" :: plays for 30 more minutes ::

What on Earth has our medical team done to deserve the benefit of the doubt on this stuff?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

You have to start putting some blame on Rodgers. We know Soyuncu was carrying a hamstring strain and Ricardo has been out for a while. I know we didn’t have many options last night but it’s more examples in a long line of examples during his tenure of players coming back from an injury and then breaking down again. It happens all the time.

• Like 2