Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Not that I can remember. 

Our biggest issue was the huge injury to Fofana. Had he been fit, the entire defence rotates rather than reliant one a couple. 

Agreed but  I didn’t think we could possibly spend 15 million on a stand in defender worse than we have 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Obviously I don’t know why Evans got injured at the weekend but the manner he pulled up so early in the game made me question whether he was sufficiently warmed up. 

here's the thing.  Evans has been struggling with a back injury over the last 12 months (i think it's that long, don't quote me on it).

My own Football Career ended when I was 23 due to back issues that had plagued me since I was about 17.   because my back/spine wasn't 100%, it led to other injuries, Hamstrings, torn thigh, torn calf. 

If he has an issue with his back, it's likely to be causing lots of these other injuries.  Even his Plantar injury, could be down to moving subtly differently or different loads going through his body. 

I don't see Evans ever being 100% fit again. It's likely the start of a steady decline.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The amount of rubbish being posted on here is astounding. Injuries happen in football at the best of times, spates of injuries happen even with best laid plans. They can come about for numerous reasons, player age, previous injury history, how players take care and apply themselves, training & match load and intensity, ground surface conditions, robust challenges, deficiencies in the body, mental health state, fatigue, shit luck etc. Add in the fact we have a larger number of international players and a global pandemic and everything gets magnified 100%. 

Every practitioner works off their applied experience and the best research available but sport is largely dynamic and what once worked doesn't mean it will continue to work. I've been a part of a team that went a full season with one hamstring strain, next season we had 5 before Christmas. We hadn't changed anything, we working off what we believed to be best practice and as much as we tried to diagnose the issues there was no clear reasons or warning signs. It brought increased pressure and scrutiny on not only our department but also management and coaching staff. We didn't have another injury after Christmas then the pandemic hit and everything changed again. Normal training practices had to be adapted, players had been exposed to an illness we still don't fully understand, schedules were all over the place and games came thick and fast and then all of a sudden everything is expected to go back to normal. Trust me, the people in the club are doing there very best in a very strange and unusual times. The issues aren't isolated to Leicester, they may feel like it but there are a lot of stuff going on around other clubs as well and everyone experienced, inexperienced, best technology available or not is doing their very best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I looked at the recruitment and analysis staff on the website sometime ago and found that a number of the people listed were no long with us... hence why we probably ended up with Vestergaard and Bertrand, and maybe why our performance in games has declined if our data analytics aren't what they were.

Unfortunately, it's similar with the medical staff. The senior 1st team physio is now at Arsenal, and the club Dr is part-time. The back room needs work. Or have we replaced the physio?

We used to be lauded for our data analytics and innovative approaches to fitness and recovery. What's happened?

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/staff/medical-staff

Simon Murphy, now at Arsenal - https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-murphy-3393a055/?originalSubdomain=uk

Dr Ian Patchett, not full time

Gary Silk, still with us - https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-silk-2b725a56/?originalSubdomain=uk

Reuben Joseph Walker, still with us - https://www.linkedin.com/in/reuben-joseph-walker-72267819b/?originalSubdomain=uk

Why haven't lcfc updated their page on Simon Murphy now that he works for Arsenal?

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

because they don't care about the 5 nerds that are interested in that info

Haha! Oi!!!

Backroom staff are important to how the team and club functions.

For a club that has invested so much in the facilities and team, and one that is trying to break the mould, we need to think about all these 1% gains. The backroom staff are critical in that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Haha! Oi!!!

Backroom staff are important to how the team and club functions.

For a club that has invested so much in the facilities and team, and one that is trying to break the mould, we need to think about all these 1% gains. The backroom staff are critical in that.

i'm only jesting

• Haha 1

Doesn't take a genius to work out that we need to prepare for life without Evans.

He went fro £32M to £3m for a reason.

He is being patched up weekly from what I'm told and that's hardly not believable.

Possibly our most important player since he has been here.

Offer him the defence coaching job now and future managers job

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iancognito said:

The guy is 34 and because of the defence situation he's been playing almost every 3 days when I'm sure Rodgers would have preferred to give one of the others a go. Pretty sure he'd have sat him out as often as Vardy but we're so limited with options he's been playing every game. All the players do the same stretches and routines so he'd have been no differently prepared to anyone else.

....did they not adjust the way Wes Morgan trained at the back end of his career!!!

I am sure there are allowances made for players in order to get them through the season.

14 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

here's the thing.  Evans has been struggling with a back injury over the last 12 months (i think it's that long, don't quote me on it).

My own Football Career ended when I was 23 due to back issues that had plagued me since I was about 17.   because my back/spine wasn't 100%, it led to other injuries, Hamstrings, torn thigh, torn calf. 

If he has an issue with his back, it's likely to be causing lots of these other injuries.  Even his Plantar injury, could be down to moving subtly differently or different loads going through his body. 

I don't see Evans ever being 100% fit again. It's likely the start of a steady decline.

Will echo this. I know they've got top class physios and sports scientists but they're not on them all the time.

I slipped a couple of discs in my lower back when I was younger, this caused sciatia with the nerve that ran down my left leg and over time I had atrophy on that side. Muscles on the left side of my back, my arse and my left leg were all ****ed as my right side was taking up the slack due to the pain.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone, it can definitely have a big effect on your whole body.

13 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Doesn't take a genius to work out that we need to prepare for life without Evans.

He went fro £32M to £3m for a reason.

He is being patched up weekly from what I'm told and that's hardly not believable.

Possibly our most important player since he has been here.

Offer him the defence coaching job now and future managers job

We absolutely do. But I'm sure we'll squeeze what we can out of him and I'm sure he'll want to play as much football as possible. When he's on the pitch he's massive for us.

You only need to read testaments from some injury ridden players to see what they go through. Players get managed through injury all the time.

This one from Batistuta is pretty shocking.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/legend-batistuta-asked-doctor-to-cut-off-his-legs_sto4714361/story.shtml

Different sport but still applicable...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/28/dylan-hartley-rugby-normalises-pain-and-injuries-its-the-reality

On 15/12/2021 at 11:16, st albans fox said:

Soy strained his hammy making a completely unnecessary sprint in the 94th minute to protect his clean sheet 

circumstances ….. 

you want a professional footballer, who’s job it is to keep clean sheets (who hadn’t in an age) to allow a team to score just in case he gets injured? 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

you want a professional footballer, who’s job it is to keep clean sheets (who hadn’t in an age) to allow a team to score just in case he gets injured? 

that’s my point - our clean sheet issue meant that cags risked an injury unnecessarily 

just sums up our luck with injuries ….

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that’s my point - our clean sheet issue meant that cags risked an injury unnecessarily 

The point is, it could have been a friendly against Northampton.. you still expect a player to do his job. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

....our perhaps our S & C are not what they should be!!!

A lot of fuss being made of the clean sheet, perhaps the players needed the bonus for Christmas, but getting the win was all this game was about.

4 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

After the last 2 years, the entire medical staff should be fired for allowing Ricardo to keep playing after the first time he went down.  I'm serious.  How is that allowed to happen again and again?

What a dramatic overreaction. For all we know Ricardo might have felt okay to play? He might have been overconfident. Can't blame that on our medical staff surely? 

If anything blame that spawny little shit Morton for the bad tackle in the first place. 

After the last 2 years, the entire medical staff should be fired for allowing Ricardo to keep playing after the first time he went down.  I'm serious.  How is that allowed to happen again and again?

All you can do in those situations is ask the player how they are going?

If they say they are good to continue, you’re not going to drag them off. 
In game, it’s all on the player.

In the Villa game a few seasons back, didn't he play the whole game with a torn ACL. Our fitness record is terrible! 

Just now, shailen said:

In the Villa game a few seasons back, didn't he play the whole game with a torn ACL. Our fitness record is terrible! 

That was a very innocuous challenge. Can't blame that one on our physios either. Not like they can do scans on the pitch. 

Just now, StanSP said:

That was a very innocuous challenge. Can't blame that one on our physios either. Not like they can do scans on the pitch. 

Not blaming our physios but why do we have so many injuries? Is it our style of play or are the players not conditioned properly? Obviously injuries can happen with innocuous tackles and bad challenges like on Fofana, but we seem to have more than most!