Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Are you paying for PPV today?

PPV - What are you doing?   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Too pay or not to pay...

• Paying £14.95 for box office
    • Finding an alternative stream
    • Radio
    • Nothing

Personally, I REFUSE point blank to pay £15 for a game they would usually show. I don't have the option of Radio as I'm not in the Leicester area so if I don't find a stream I have to miss this one. 

I dont really get much of a choice. 

*Edit* I can't go to the pub and watch it either as I'm in the central belt of Scotland and all pubs are closed.

Edited by Foxy_Bear

I'm a bit lost on this, why is it so controversial? Aren't they just broadcasting games that wouldn't normally be available to watch for £15 a go? It's optional. I don't like Sky but surely people realise they pay a Sky Sports subscription to watch SOME games not ALL? 

I won't be watching as I don't want to pay £15, simple. 

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

I'm a bit lost on this, why is it so controversial? Aren't they just broadcasting games that wouldn't normally be available to watch for £15 a go? It's optional. I don't like Sky but surely people realise they pay a Sky Sports subscription to watch SOME games not ALL? 

I won't be watching as I don't want to pay £15, simple. 

I thought this initially but when was the last time that a late night Satarday game wasn't shown? When was the last time only half of the sunday games were shown? 

Since project restart, BOTH the 5pm and the 7pm monday games have been shown on shown on Sky but now it's only one?!

It's clearly NOT only games that wouldn't be televised. They are deliberately not airing games so that they can kick them yo PPV. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I thought this initially but when was the last time that a late night Satarday game wasn't shown? When was the last time only half of the sunday games were shown? 

Since project restart, BOTH the 5pm and the 7pm monday games have been shown on shown on Sky but now it's only one?!

It's clearly NOT only games that wouldn't be televised. They are deliberately not airing games so that they can kick them yo PPV. 

Good point, I didn't realise this was the case so it's absolutely ridiculous actually. For some reason I assumed Sky would only be doing this for the 'additional' games so to speak.

Time for me to join the outraged mob by the looks of it lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nnickn said:

I think you will find that none of those are free to air...

8 minutes ago, Frost said:

Good point, I didn't realise this was the case so it's absolutely ridiculous actually. For some reason I assumed Sky would only be doing this for the 'additional' games so to speak.

Time for me to join the outraged mob by the looks of it lol 

Like I said, I shared your train of thought when it was initially announced. I couldn't understand why people were so angry about being given an extra option to watch games they wouldn't be able to watch anyway (even if it was a bit steep) but since seeing the schedule of games that they are showing for this week, it's clear to see that they intend on taking the p!ss. 

Hopefully once they realise that they will have less viewers by going down this road, they will concede defeat and start showing the correct amount of games again. If not, I'll be cancelling my subscription but I'll hold off a couple of months to see how it plays out. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Personally, I REFUSE point blank to pay £15 for a game they would usually show. I don't have the option of Radio as I'm not in the Leicester area so if I don't find a stream I have to miss this one. 

I dont really get much of a choice. 

*Edit* I can't go to the pub and watch it either as I'm in the central belt of Scotland and all pubs are closed.

Same, all the pubs in Northern Ireland are shut too. Allowing the pubs to show and help their revenue is a good move though.

• Like 1