Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Are you paying for PPV today?

PPV - What are you doing?   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Too pay or not to pay...

• Paying £14.95 for box office
    • Finding an alternative stream
    • Radio
    • Nothing

42 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Personally, I REFUSE point blank to pay £15 for a game they would usually show. I don't have the option of Radio as I'm not in the Leicester area so if I don't find a stream I have to miss this one. 

I dont really get much of a choice. 

*Edit* I can't go to the pub and watch it either as I'm in the central belt of Scotland and all pubs are closed.

It's on BBC 5 Live for those outside of Leicester area. Not sure who commentators will be but at least it won't be Stringer. 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Like I said, I shared your train of thought when it was initially announced. I couldn't understand why people were so angry about being given an extra option to watch games they wouldn't be able to watch anyway (even if it was a bit steep) but since seeing the schedule of games that they are showing for this week, it's clear to see that they intend on taking the p!ss. 

Hopefully once they realise that they will have less viewers by going down this road, they will concede defeat and start showing the correct amount of games again. If not, I'll be cancelling my subscription but I'll hold off a couple of months to see how it plays out. 

Me too. You can't tell me our game with Arsenal wouldn't have been on tv if PPV hadn't been introduced.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Gravel said:

It's on BBC 5 Live for those outside of Leicester area. Not sure who commentators will be but at least it won't be Stringer. 

Thanks. If I cant get a stream I'll give it a go but I've tried 5live before for games when I was at work and I got the same type of message but that may have been because the games were being televised and they legally weren't allowed to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Thanks. If I cant get a stream I'll give it a go but I've tried 5live before for games when I was at work and I got the same type of message but that may have been because the games were being televised and they legally weren't allowed to do it. 

Yeah, I think that happens sometimes if you try to stream the match online. It will work on DAB or an old MW option if you've got either option.

Showing my age now...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Listening to any radio commentary of our games makes me extra anxious. Especially when they get excitable about a chance, which turns out to be not much of a chance at all. Think I'll just wait for MOTD2.

20 minutes ago, nnickn said:

And I know you are wrong, the 2 stations in brown are free to air

Good luck with getting a picture from 52°E and 46°E from the UK..which incidentally are BISS encoded, and the only free to air one is at 75°E which is impossible to point your sat to from the UK, it's below the horizon.

5 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Good luck with getting a picture from 52°E and 46°E from the UK

get them easy mate, they say they are biss encrypted but  they are not. Even if they were, biss codes are well known for tv stations

Edited by nnickn

One of the downsides to streams if that if you get a laggy one, you can be a bit behind reality and the match thread contains spoilers.

You are watching us take a corner and relishing us having a chance to apply some pressure, whilst people in the match thread are posting swear words and "Brendan out". 

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

When we're pretty much the only country in the world that doesn't show every single premier league game as part of the standard subscription, and the fans can't go to the games, yes.

But it’s the reason teams in England can go out and buy Maguire for £80m though so we can’t have it both ways. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Ond of the downsides to streams if that if you get a laggy one, you can be a bit behind reality and the match thread contains spoilers.

You are watching us take a corner and relishing us having a chance to apply some pressure, whilst people in the match thread are posting swear words and "Brendan out". 

Easy solution, don't read the match thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would love to get the point of view of those willing to pay and who have voted as such

I think the other half initially had ambitions of paying, however, following my very vocal and lengthy rants of outrage has thought better of even suggesting it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

But it’s the reason teams in England can go out and buy Maguire for £80m though so we can’t have it both ways. 

I think the transfer fees our teams dish out are disgusting anyway so if that's your argument for why we should happily give so much to the tv companies then it's not going to win me over

• Like 1