Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Are you paying for PPV today?

PPV - What are you doing?   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Too pay or not to pay...

• Paying £14.95 for box office
    • Finding an alternative stream
    • Radio
    • Nothing

No, the £15 aside I’m just losing the desire with the Premier League. 

No crowds, commentators pretending everything is normal, the PPV vote, big 6 attempted power grab, it’s just mounting up. 

I’m not considering following it live tonight in any form at the minute.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I think the transfer fees our teams dish out are disgusting anyway so if that's your argument for why we should happily give so much to the tv companies then it's not going to win me over

It certainly isn’t my argument but is certainly the reason.

1 minute ago, Livid said:

No, the £15 aside I’m just losing the desire with the Premier League. 

No crowds, commentators pretending everything is normal, the PPV vote, big 6 attempted power grab, it’s just mounting up. 

I’m not considering following it live tonight in any form at the minute.

No wonder your Livid

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The 5 people who have voted to say they are going to pay for it are the ones that will be responsible for the greed of TV companies doing in the future.

So well done you absolute heros 

Maybe one of the heroes could put a stream of the game up 

I'm not paying to travel to the game. I'm not paying stupid money for drinks before, during and after the game. I'm not paying the pro rata cost of my season ticket (the £70 retainer charge over 19 games in a season is all of £3.68 a game).

So to play devil's advocate, I and many others are saving a significant amount of money this season.

£14.95 is a lot of money for one game, but I've not seen the same uproar for fans of EFL clubs paying a tenner to watch their games. The clubs have to survive just as any business does. I know they're a multi-million pound business in a pretty unfair and money-grabbing industry, but clubs still need money. Everyone talks about the transfer fees but if one club spends big then the rest have to follow to survive in the division, it's not like the clubs could have agreed to spend bugger all this summer. You can't put every game on BBC and Pick because they're not making money from it, and then the armchair w*nkers will stop subscribing to Sky and BT if they know they can still watch a game or two every weekend.

I am falling out of love with football in a wider sense, but my interest in watching us play every week is still there. If I can't go to the game I really can't be arsed to sit and refresh shite streams for 90 minutes, so £15 doesn't seem all that bad.

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Watching the football on TV as its Live.

You do realize that LCFC does have fans outside of Leicestershire and the UK?

So not quite as easy as you make out for every Foxile.  Thank God though that Android Boxes are easily purchased in Asia and work perfectly in Austria.

15 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'm not paying to travel to the game. I'm not paying stupid money for drinks before, during and after the game. I'm not paying the pro rata cost of my season ticket (the £70 retainer charge over 19 games in a season is all of £3.68 a game).

So to play devil's advocate, I and many others are saving a significant amount of money this season.

£14.95 is a lot of money for one game, but I've not seen the same uproar for fans of EFL clubs paying a tenner to watch their games. The clubs have to survive just as any business does. I know they're a multi-million pound business in a pretty unfair and money-grabbing industry, but clubs still need money. Everyone talks about the transfer fees but if one club spends big then the rest have to follow to survive in the division, it's not like the clubs could have agreed to spend bugger all this summer. You can't put every game on BBC and Pick because they're not making money from it, and then the armchair w*nkers will stop subscribing to Sky and BT if they know they can still watch a game or two every weekend.

I am falling out of love with football in a wider sense, but my interest in watching us play every week is still there. If I can't go to the game I really can't be arsed to sit and refresh shite streams for 90 minutes, so £15 doesn't seem all that bad.

You're not really 'saving' money though are you?

You're not actually going to the games any more so while the money stays in your account, you don't get the experience either.

Watching on TV doesn't come close as an experience so you can't make that comparison.

The advertising model of monetisation works just fine to make these companies billions.

There is no doubt, this amounts to greed.

When games are as widely shown as this game will be, streams are almost as good as the 'real' thing. Barely the need to constantly refresh. Maybe once or twice per game.

Don't feed the greed.

Edited by Nod.E
Grammar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I’d happily put £10 towards helping a football league club survive. 

I don’t believe for one minute that any of the Premier League clubs are currently at financial risk due to having no fans in the grounds.

Our club voted against the PPV plan. We are a club sponsored and funded by duty free, which is surely an industry that has been hit particularly hard. It says an awful lot that we made the decision to vote against additional income via PPV when we’re potentially one of the more affected clubs by the pandemic. 

Sky and BT are constantly saying how they miss the fans. I bet they can’t wait for the fans to be back and their viewing numbers to drop. Must have been a challenging time for them recently.

Pay your £15 and you’re part of the problem.

• Like 3

I honestly think that pirating the stream today is actually the more ethical thing to do than paying to see it. £15 a month to see all of your team’s game’s would be expensive given that’s more than a Netflix subscription but £15 per match is pure greed. 

Don’t pay to see it, vote with your wallets and let the Premier League know this is bullshit of the highest order. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I’d happily put £10 towards helping a football league club survive. 

I don’t believe for one minute that any of the Premier League clubs are currently at financial risk due to having no fans in the grounds.

Our club voted against the PPV plan. We are a club sponsored and funded by duty free, which is surely an industry that has been hit particularly hard. It says an awful lot that we made the decision to vote against additional income via PPV when we’re potentially one of the more affected clubs by the pandemic. 

Sky and BT are constantly saying how they miss the fans. I bet they can’t wait for the fans to be back and their viewing numbers to drop. Must have been a challenging time for them recently.

Pay your £15 and you’re part of the problem.

Sky and BT's revenue would be damaged by putting the games on free to air, that's the simple fact. The govt and fans trusts have told the PL they need to show every game legally in the UK, that's the sensible decision. You have to compromise somehow.

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You're not really 'saving' money though are you?

You're not actually going to the games any more so while the money stays in your account, you don't get the experience either.

Watching on TV doesn't come close as an experience so you can't make that comparison.

The advertising model of monetisation works just fine to make these companies billions.

There is no doubt, this amounts to greed.

When games are as widely shown as this game will be, streams are almost as good as the 'real' thing. Barely the need to constantly refresh. Maybe once or twice per game.

Don't feed the greed.

I agree it's not the same experience, but that's why we're not paying anywhere near as much as you would for the 'matchday experience'. I know it's not directly related to the clubs itself but on a personal level none of us are paying for train tickets and petrol to get to the ground, nor are we spending in pubs or on the concourse. Any given home game can easily be £40+. It's not the same but you are paying less than half of the price for that very reason.

I'm obviously not looking in the right place for streams because when we're away in a normal 3pm game I have rarely ever found one stream I keep for the whole game. It is just an inconvenience that I don't really want given watching us is supposed to be a bit of escapism.

Ultimately I understand the point about greed. But what would you like them to do? There is no realistic alternative.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Sky and BT's revenue would be damaged by putting the games on free to air, that's the simple fact. The govt and fans trusts have told the PL they need to show every game legally in the UK, that's the sensible decision. You have to compromise somehow.

I agree it's not the same experience, but that's why we're not paying anywhere near as much as you would for the 'matchday experience'. I know it's not directly related to the clubs itself but on a personal level none of us are paying for train tickets and petrol to get to the ground, nor are we spending in pubs or on the concourse. Any given home game can easily be £40+. It's not the same but you are paying less than half of the price for that very reason.

I'm obviously not looking in the right place for streams because when we're away in a normal 3pm game I have rarely ever found one stream I keep for the whole game. It is just an inconvenience that I don't really want given watching us is supposed to be a bit of escapism.

Ultimately I understand the point about greed. But what would you like them to do? There is no realistic alternative.

Why aren’t they able to just continue doing what they’ve done since the games kicked off again in the summer?

I already subscribe to sky sports and BT have a season ticket.
ALWAYS a stream. Lots of apps on iOS and Android available... never mind pop up domains . 

I get the argument regarding headaches and £15 not much:ph34r: but more a principal. 
Fingers crossed everyone watches /listens to us get 3 points ...:scarf:

47 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I think the transfer fees our teams dish out are disgusting anyway so if that's your argument for why we should happily give so much to the tv companies then it's not going to win me over

It’s not just the transfer fees,it’s also the wages.Less income=less wages.Less wages=lower quality.Less chance of attracting high quality overseas stars.

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

It’s not just the transfer fees,it’s also the wages.Less income=less wages.Less wages=lower quality.Less chance of attracting high quality overseas stars.

Wasn't there a study last season about the finances in the Premier League and it showed that 19 of the 20 premier league clubs could carry on as normal with regards to wages and transfer spend without any fans? They don't need the extra money.

Edited by TiffToff88

Without checking any facts about how this works my two guesses are...

Under the normal tv coverage the 'big 6' are shown more times so fans of the lesser clubs are having to pay more £15 charges if they want to watch all their clubs matches

The £15 charges are not just going to the clubs playing but are being spread out amongst all clubs. It therefore warms my heart to think that when I'm paying to watch my team I'm also subsidising the 'big 6'

• Like 1