Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_fox

Soyuncu's injury

Just a shame if it is a recurrence... only lasted 15 mins too. We do seem to be pushing players back early, can’t believe Wilf was back something like 19 days after a knee arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) last season for example and then was injured again very quickly. Too soon IMHO...

Was great to see Ricardo and Wilf back though, hopefully they can build up fitness in a timely fashion (I won’t say “quickly” as quickly doesn’t seem to be working!!)

I'm guessing Ricardo came off as everyone would have been more cautious after Cags injury, and also it was cold - so getting cold and stiff at half time and then coming on for 10-15 mins seems like a recipe for disaster. I think they made the right call just limiting Ricky to 45

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

3 months ...

3 months with surgery. Not sure if you missed the memo, but the experts in London didn't believe he needed surgery.

27 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Brendan's just said a recurrence of his injury.

No, he said it was an injury around his groin. You're putting extra words in there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Starting to think the problem is not so much five at the back as one up front. 

Whether it’s Iheanacho tonight or Vardy at the weekend - so isolated. 

We're missing the extra attacking dimension from our fullbacks too. Usually Barnes and Perez (last season) would be able to tuck in and be closer to Vardy who would also have Maddison nearby. 

This year we've lost that recently since losing both Riccy and Castagne to injury. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

3 months with surgery. Not sure if you missed the memo, but the experts in London didn't believe he needed surgery.

No, he said it was an injury around his groin. You're putting extra words in there

No I'm not, I'm quoting him straight from the post match interview. The tweet you've quoted has added the extra words.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

It seemed so innocous. Just a covering run in a straight line. Not even challenged. He's probably sprinted times faster than that in training. Just pure bad luck.  

But that's what happens when you've come back in to play in freezing cold temperatures. Don't need a challenge heavy or not to feel a muscle go. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

But that's what happens when you've come back in to play in freezing cold temperatures. Don't need a challenge heavy or not to feel a muscle go. 

Don't know where you live. But it's 2c in my SW town right now. It's going to be cold for a while. Couldn't wrap him up until March if the physios feel he's good to go.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That pic is quite sad for obvious reasons but hilarious at the same time, zoom in on Brendan's face 

• Haha 1