Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

He's got the playing against the big teams and frustrating them right this season so far and it's great to see. Its then going into a game that we are expected to dominate where we've found it a little more difficult but once we've got our injured players back I think we'll be back on track in putting in those sort of dominant performances. I'm just glad to see us having more wit about us and being able to grind results out as well as outplay the opposition when needed. 

Excited about us this season if we can carry this on. 

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So, is he a tactical genius again?

For me tonight he wasn't a genius as we did the damage when going back to 4141, so it's not like the tactic used was the reason we won. But he deserves a ton of respect, this was more of a game management / knowing when to adjust and yes I suppose tactics too. We've never beaten Arsenal at the Emirates in the Premier League era, so he's literally a trendsetter in that regard!

What’s different so far this season from last is his lack of arrogance in attempting to impose ‘our style of play.’ He knows we can’t live with the quality like for like with the big teams so takes a different tack. When we go back to imposing our style against teams that then do to us what we did to Man City and Arsenal is where we need to become more clinical and create more and that’s where he is trying to develop us. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

A baffling manager. We play the most exciting, accomplished football I've seen in 25 years as well as the dullest, toothless stuff.

We seem to hit different extremes on a weekly basis.

Welcome to the rest of the league.  Can't predict anything anymore.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The match day thread has ratted out a number of fans who want him gone, it's genuinely staggering. 

We have been diabolical against the so called big 6 away from home under Rodgers until this season and he's finally tried to be a bit more pragmatic and counter attacking and so far its working, something he has been abysmal at doing it the past. What's the real issue here? Cannot ever lose at home to a team outside the top 6? Still not over last seasons capitulation? Arseholes?

We have some very strange fans, once they decide someone is shit, they will not let go.

Quite what Rodgers has done too earn this accolade I don’t know, the indignity of not making the champions league surely can’t have butthurt them that much?

• Like 2

I liked BR initially and the little I know about him comes from the media and the smarter posts here (I live in Scotland). I wrote a post recently saying I was beginning to wonder and scrapped it deciding it was too early to tell, but I would still like him to show a little more steel and passion on the touch  line and presumably at half time. If he could add that I think he would be excellent. It all seems a little too comfortable at the club at times but we have to be realistic. He's expensive but LCFC may have already got as good a manager as we can reasonably expect. We're still only threatening top 6 occasionally and probably still have a bit to do to prove we're getting more comfortable as among the best of the rest. Best of the rest would maybe see us top 6 one year in 2. There's always at least one team competing for  best o t r team each season and when a Leeds come up you've got to do well to be top 6. However it' s also rare for ALL the big boys to be firing on all cylinders in any one season.

Its too early for what I'm writing now but Castagne, Fofano ? and Under are getting good write ups, encouraging enough to think we could have an improving team. They all should fit in even more effectively as the season progresses and given our extra games in Europe, no one should get to feel neglected. Ok its only one swallow's tail feathers but hopefully we have enough coming through to have a goodish "summer"  to come. If we can get a decent replacement for JV (when we need one) playing in front of what is promised then who knows. When JV finally gets too old to give his all every game I assume the club will show its gratitude for what he's miraculously achieved at and for the club. I hope so.

In any case Lcfc have been my team since the Cross ,Mclintock, Banks, Gibson etc  team and I'm very grateful despite the roller coaster ride since season 2014-2015. Some miraculous highs and quite a few lows.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

He's got the playing against the big teams and frustrating them right this season so far and it's great to see. Its then going into a game that we are expected to dominate where we've found it a little more difficult but once we've got our injured players back I think we'll be back on track in putting in those sort of dominant performances. I'm just glad to see us having more wit about us and being able to grind results out as well as outplay the opposition when needed. 

Excited about us this season if we can carry this on. 

...the big game changer will be Ünder!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brooksy said:

Two absolutely horrific performances at home yet we win at Arsenal and Man City. I honestly don't know what to think anymore. 

West Ham was horrific. Villa wasn't very good - neither manager would've complained if it finished 0-0 - but it wasn't horrific.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

I agree with the fact that we will lose a fair few games but its the way we are losing with limp passive performances.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

A baffling manager. We play the most exciting, accomplished football I've seen in 25 years as well as the dullest, toothless stuff.

We seem to hit different extremes on a weekly basis.

A fairly young squad will always be up and down. We've had a lot more ups than downs since BR arrived.

52 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Brendan masterclass?  My arse. He got lucky. 

By the same token would you say he "got unlucky" vs Villa last week?

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The match day thread has ratted out a number of fans who want him gone, it's genuinely staggering. 

We have been diabolical against the so called big 6 away from home under Rodgers until this season and he's finally tried to be a bit more pragmatic and counter attacking and so far its working, something he has been abysmal at doing it the past. What's the real issue here? Cannot ever lose at home to a team outside the top 6? Still not over last seasons capitulation? Arseholes?

Haven't ventured into the matchday thread ... are they basically saying we should EXPECT to be awesome every week and win every week?

Is it the JCL's who have the biggest issue with him?

I do wonder which manager REALISTICALLY they think we could get right now and who would be significantly better.

• Like 3

No I wouldn’t say he was unlucky. We were fairly crap in that match and should have been better to a man across the park. Villa have not suddenly become a good side. They’re mediocre and so were we. Not good enough. A single late goal from them should have been consolation, not the winner. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It probably hasn't escaped your notice that a considerable number of people here (and maybe elsewhere, I wouldn't know) are not very good at admitting they're ever wrong, so will just dig their heels in whatever the evidence is that contradicts their inner monologue. 

It's evident in many facets of life, and something I find profundity depressing. 

• Like 2