Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If you look at how we playing and the stats, we have over achieved so far this season in league placing, lowest amount of goals from open play.  Most penalties given and scored.

We are better with under on yet he never starts, and its clear we better with two strikers as well.

Sorry guys but Rodgers isnt our future in my opinion, and I am in that mode where I am waiting for the next chapter.

We're 4th.

• Like 4

Rodgers has very stubborn blindspots: Maddison, Ndidi and defenders. Maybe a few too many.

Predicted that as soon as Maddison is fit and can play 90mins Rodgers will stick him back in the side and ruin our momentum and winning chemistry. He takes Tielemans and Praet out of their game. His only position is upfront near Vardy, but he drops back too often and I think Nachos and even Perez are better in that role.

Ndidi, when he gets fit, will also be preferred by Rodgers over Mendy - you watch. I said the same thing with Maddison and it is now eventuating. Ndidi I don’t mind as much but Mendy is better suited to the football that Rodgers ironically wants us to play.

As for defenders, for fuchs sake, we put on 5 at the back against Fulham and he wanted defenders to be our main attacking force out wide. What was Rodgers thinking??

It is very hard to have a debate with some of the closed minds on here. So I'll not bother.

The tactics were probably poor, right enough. But the players looked spent, and Tielemans more than most. These things are never just as simple as pick/formation - goodness knows what's gone on unseen by us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I feel he’s overcompensating for the number of games and injuries. I didn’t like the 4 in midfield v Wolves and I wasn’t happy to see it again. But the players have got to be better, Tielemans sloppy on the ball a number of times first half and Fofana defending like a 19 year old with a handful of games gave them a goal. Then we panicked, gave them another and could have been 3 at half time. 

The people who hound Brendan would be the same people who would hound the next guy after every poor performance. Literally every game there’s an arrogance about a lot of fans that just setting up a bit different would have had it all so different.

Just can’t work him out

My real fear is that we start to lose confidence and look like we did after Christmas (and for many months after) where frankly, we were not far off relegation form

I don’t think I’ve ever known City to be such a Jekyll and Hyde team. A few weeks of sublimity, followed by performances which make you think ‘wtf’!?

Life under Rodgers has been bizarre without a doubt

Not even I thought we could churn out the utter turd we did tonight though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're 4th.

Yes but we simply don’t deserve to be 

Last season our conversion rate was way too high and in the second half of the season we created a similar volume of decent chances but took less of them ..... that’s bound to happen .....

This season we’re creating even less chances than last and pens have skewed the stats ..... we just have to hope that it will improve when we get some players back and can revert to a back 4 

Last year I was really worried when Arsenal sniffed around Rodgers but now I wouldnt be that arsed. If we are really honest, our league position is false. Other than the Man City and Leeds games weve not really played well all season. Then we have the Europa league where we have played a half decent Braga and 2 shockers in Aek and Zorya. And when we are bad we are really bad West Ham, Villa, Liverpool, Fulham. Injuries haven't helped but Rodgers keeps making the same mistakes and his team selection  today was unforgivable. The only reason I wouldn't want him to leave is because I'm not sure who would replace him rather than me feeling he can really take us forward. Once we get all our players back it will be interesting to see if we see any improvement. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're 4th.

Ah, the old smokescreen to avoid having to debate how bad we can actually play

I was having this convo earlier today at work and yes, we are 4th, but the league this season is absolutely wide open with bizarre results having come thick and fast.

It’ll settle again soon and then we’ll have to see how good we really are

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Last year I was really worried when Arsenal sniffed around Rodgers but now I wouldnt be that arsed. If we are really honest, our league position is false. Other than the Man City and Leeds games weve not really played well all season. Then we have the Europa league where we have played a half decent Braga and 2 shockers in Aek and Zorya. And when we are bad we are really bad West Ham, Villa, Liverpool, Fulham. Injuries haven't helped but Rodgers keeps making the same mistakes and his team selection  today was unforgivable. The only reason I wouldn't want him to leave is because I'm not sure who would replace him rather than me feeling he can really take us forward. Once we get all our players back it will be interesting to see if we see any improvement. 

Sensible post 

👍

Its time we realise teams are not going to come here and let us play and just take the points because we are Leicester and higher than them in the table.

They will come here with players behind the ball and make it incredibly hard for us to break them down and hit us on the break just like we have done to supposed bigger teams this season.

Thats what makes this great game so great.

It doesn't make the players or manager shit just because teams don't roll over in front of us.

Enjoy the ride its a great time to be a leicester city fan trust me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Ah, the old smokescreen to avoid having to debate how bad we can actually play

I was having this convo earlier today at work and yes, we are 4th, but the league this season is absolutely wide open with bizarre results having come thick and fast.

It’ll settle again soon and then we’ll have to see how good we really are

We finished 5th last season, who do you think we could employ who would get us higher?

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just can’t work him out

My real fear is that we start to lose confidence and look like we did after Christmas (and for many months after) where frankly, we were not far off relegation form

I don’t think I’ve ever known City to be such a Jekyll and Hyde team. A few weeks of sublimity, followed by performances which make you think ‘wtf’!?

Life under Rodgers has been bizarre without a doubt

Not even I thought we could churn out the utter turd we did tonight though

I'm fed up with it to be honest. This stretch under Puel and Brendan. You are either a good team, an average team or a bad team, how can we still be all 3. Consistency doesn't exist and its the most frustrating thing ever. You literally cannot predict a Leicester City result and it shouldn't be like that now with the squad we've got. I don't know any other team like it. Infuriates me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're 4th.

Correct but we’re creating less and less. People love stats and bang on about them and creating chances is a fundamental part of winning football matches.

Negative football has a huge effect and reason why we create less.

I was quite happy with how we’re playing up until 3 games ago (Even the West Ham and Villa games I was ok with when others weren’t even though we lost) but the last 3 games look like we’ve regressed to the second half of last season and it concerns me massively.

I think that he tends to worry too much about the opposition in certain games. Fulham would have been crapping themselves at the thought of coming to the KP & expected an onslaught. Yet we set up with 2 full backs as our wing backs, I suspect because he was scared of Lookman for some reason. Against teams like Fulham we should be playing 2 wingers, probably Barnes & Under, & taking the game to them with quick passing & pace. We have better players so we should be in the ascendency.

This is what we should do at Sheffield but I doubt that we will

People will say “look at the table”, look at “X” result etc etc 

We’ve played 39 games since the 1st January, including cups and the league. He’s won 17 of them. 

In the league though, it’s 28 games, 11 wins. 

Would anyone be surprised if it was announced he’d gone? 

The fact that we’re even having this debate, gives the feeling that the mob is turning. The fans would have the pitchforks out if you could get in the stadium. 

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We played well against Leeds, I really don’t think we played well at Man City, as mad as it sounds, 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is very hard to have a debate with some of the closed minds on here. So I'll not bother.

The tactics were probably poor, right enough. But the players looked spent, and Tielemans more than most. These things are never just as simple as pick/formation - goodness knows what's gone on unseen by us. 

All fair points but worth noting that Rodgers was playing Tielemans virtually every minute of every game under the guise of some pseudo-science of him being “in the groove”. 

What is most annoying is how many ****ing times we have to watch the same defeat play out in exactly the same way. Playing against a team of bus parkers? Better make sure that all the width is provided by wing backs or full backs. Need to make sure the opposition has the time to set up 2 defenders in front of them so they turn backwards. Players in the central midfield? Start with too few, so that all our passing moves break down due to a lack of options, then when chasing the game, flood the central area with as many players as possible, so they can be absorbed easily by the 10 man defensive block. Defence? Can I have at least 2 incredibly slow defenders in central areas please. Certainly sir. How high would you like your defensive line? Err, what are my options? You can have Pulis, overly cautious, cautious, sensible, agressive or suicidally high. Oh, I'll take suicidal please.

Opposition manager sets up with 10 man defensive lineup, 1 or 2 moderately quick forwards. Leicester attack breaks down, ball played to quick man, beats Kasper with a 1 on 1, Sky Sports wanks itself into a coma over the SHEAR UNSTOPPABLE BRILLIANCE of Wilfried Zaha/Son Heung Min/Ademola Lookman/Josh King/Elvis Hammond and the TACTICAL MASTERCLASS from Jose/Roy Hodgson/Ole Gunner Solskjaer/Scott Parker/Paul the World Cup Octopus selecting anyone with a pace rating of 82 or above in Fifa out a hat at random. Rinse annd repeat 30 times under Claude Puel, then unlearn that under Brendan Rodgers, then relearn it and repeat it again until the heat death of the universe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Correct but we’re creating less and less. People love stats and bang on about them and creating chances is a fundamental part of winning football matches.

Negative football has a huge effect and reason why we create less.

I was quite happy with how we’re playing up until 3 games ago (Even the West Ham and Villa games I was ok with when others weren’t even though we lost) but the last 3 games look like we’ve regressed to the second half of last season and it concerns me massively.

Being concerned is fair enough, nobody likes losing.