Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

If you look at how we playing and the stats, we have over achieved so far this season in league placing, lowest amount of goals from open play.  Most penalties given and scored.

We are better with under on yet he never starts, and its clear we better with two strikers as well.

Sorry guys but Rodgers isnt our future in my opinion, and I am in that mode where I am waiting for the next chapter.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

He’ll win some games with his tactics but he’ll also harm us in a fair few fair as well, Rodgers. Deserves praise and criticism in equal measure.

We look so one dimensional at times as well that the players can’t run with it at feet or play it forward into space - it’s all 10 passes and 70% possession without going anywhere too often against these resolute opponents.

2015/16 Leicester City would LOVE to play against this Leicester City side. We’d eek out a 1-0 against the Arsenal away version of us this season and come away with a 2-0 or 3-0 win against the Fulham, Villa or West Ham version of us this season .

• Like 3

A wise man once said...

On 19/10/2020 at 10:52, ttfn said:

I do think that for all the praise Mendy gets (and he has been good in possession) we’re really seeing the impact of not having a fully fit Ndidi, which of course we arguably haven’t had for almost a year now.

It’s a recurring theme that despite not being able to create a chance we’re caught on the counter attack. Villa had 3 or 4 counter attacking chances yesterday that ought to have led to chances and of course the goal came from a quick pass into the centre of the pitch.

This came up repeatedly at the end of last season and has been again in the last two games. 

We’ve shifted away from an Ndidi-driven 4-1-4-1 where we could control the game and get players into attacking areas and replaced it with a 4-2-3-1 where somehow despite having 2 players in notionally defensive midfield positions we keep getting done on the counter.  So right now we’re getting the worst of both worlds - no players supporting the attack and nobody protecting the defence.

There’s no point in getting angry about Rodgers, he is what he is - we will go on hot streaks and cold streaks this season and the injury situation certainly isn’t helping.

He’s definitely not going anywhere soon with that contract though, so we just need to buckle up and get on with it. The club made a big mistake in giving him that new deal last year, they’ve done a lot right but offering long-term deals to anybody who flutters their eyelashes at another club was not sustainable pre-Covid and certainly won’t be now.

He seems to be at his best with something to prove. Not sure that he feels that’s the case at the moment.

He's a twat at the end of the day. 

If United or arsenal want him...he can go....would much rather lose matches when the team is actually set up with some ambition.

The way we got absolutely bummed by Liverpool....then watching Liverpool cling on against Brighton.....tells me we have been lucky this year. 

Wolves. Arsenal. Even Leeds where they made a massive **** up to give us the first game and Bamford missed a sitter.....our league position is totally false. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rodgers clearly does zero work on the training ground on defending and attacking set pieces. Yet again today we were woeful from set pieces. In games when we are a bit shite sometimes you need a shit goal from a set piece to get things going but it never happens under Rodgers. We have conceded the most in the league from set pieces but not scored from any. It does feel at times that all they do in training is pass the ball side to side. 66% possession means jack shit when you lose at home to utter turd teams 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I'm sorry (well, I'm not) but he has to be judged differently to others. We paid a fortune in compensation. Pay a fortune in wages. All his backroom staff. His mate in a high position. He's got exactly what he wants.

Fairweather. Too nice. Whatever. We throw in too many insipid displays where we offer **** all at both ends of the pitch and in the middle. We barely shoot. Our set-pieces are comically bad. Our defence regularly decides to play like pissheads in a 5-a-side on a Thursday night.

He soaks up all the adulation when it goes well- time for those people to question him. I hope the journalists ask serious questions about the set-up and the attitude tonight. If he storms out or sulks, so be it. He's presided over another rotten performance. 

Literally no chance any of the press go for him, he’s an absolute dream for

them.

British, plays youth, plays the media game well, apparently plays football the “right” way.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

We look poorly coached and poorly motivated!

Funny how no one said this after Thursday. A team lacking motivation doesn't draw 3-3 with a last minute equaliser. 

The problem wasn't motivation today. It was poor set up, poor application and totally shit from a side with quality that didn't produce it. 

• Like 1

In Rodgers’ defence (and it seems absolutely mad that I am having to point this out) we are 4th with about 3 key players missing and juggling Europe.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I can’t warm to him personally and I find his tactics utterly baffling at times. But overall the results have been very good.

Even in this second half of his reign where league form has dropped off he’s still managed  44 points from 32 games which whilst disappointing isn’t appalling by any stretch. 

11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If you look at how we playing and the stats, we have over achieved so far this season in league placing, lowest amount of goals from open play.  Most penalties given and scored.

We are better with under on yet he never starts, and its clear we better with two strikers as well.

Sorry guys but Rodgers isnt our future in my opinion, and I am in that mode where I am waiting for the next chapter.

We need a taller manager!

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Literally no chance any of the press go for him, he’s an absolute dream for

them.

British, plays youth, plays the media game well, apparently plays football the “right” way.

Plus his results generally have been good and he's at a club that can be patronised rather than scrutinised. 

• Like 1