Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

20 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont think you understand what I am saying I can take losing as long as we do it fighting.  Its about how we are playing not the results and league standing.

No one here has said we should be winning the league, so not sure why things are been made up to try and make us all look like idiots and call us not proper fans.

What is a proper fan?

Well anyone moaning about being 4th in the prem can’t be a real fan, anyone asking for rodgers to go like so many have on here over the last 9 months, can’t be a fan

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I respect your point and thank you for understanding now what I was intending for my comment to be about.

I just feel we play better when we play more direct.  Since thats not what Rodgers is about thats why I said I think he isnt our future. 

You are right we do. 

The issue is when your going to ship two shit goals in quick session against a team who’d be happy with a point before kick playing direct football is very difficult if they are setting up to nullify it and hold on to what they have which they did very well tonight.

I’m with @Babylon The blame can’t be solely laid a Brendans door, there’s more to this than his occasional piss poor team selections. But the lads don’t help themselves at times... we looked clueless tonight, too many individual errors, I mean the goal we conceded wasn’t Rodgers fault, he set up defensively and we couldn’t even managed to do that. 

The way I look at us is we’re an above average team who often over-perform and often under perform. I’m hoping we strike some kind of consistency, but I believe we are better than some of our recent performances suggest. There’s definitely a soft under belly to us, and we really need to sort it. N’didi coming back would be a huge help. Mendy has done well, but N’didi is definitely missed, his presence and destructive play makes us a bit grittier, as does Cags. We also badly miss Riccy, he changes the dynamic of our attack. 

I’d like to say I’m confident we will find some consistency in our play, but I’m a bit on the fence at the moment. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sly said:

People will say “look at the table”, look at “X” result etc etc 

We’ve played 39 games since the 1st January, including cups and the league. He’s won 17 of them. 

In the league though, it’s 28 games, 11 wins. 

Would anyone be surprised if it was announced he’d gone? 

The fact that we’re even having this debate, gives the feeling that the mob is turning. The fans would have the pitchforks out if you could get in the stadium. 

What??? Really??? So we had a bad end of the season and struggled to adapt to lockdown football and had worst run of injurys to players I’ve known, yet we finished 5th in the English premier league and currently sit 4th after 10 games, yeah sack him😂🤣 delusions of grandeur 

Edited by Cecchini1976

There are three elements to being a good manager at a club like modern day Leicester City in terms of tactical approach:

1) Can you nab points off ‘the big six’?

2) Can you be the better side in games against the middle pack?

3) Can you beat the relegation fodder who will come to your stadium to frustrate and take a point?

On point 1, up until this season Rodgers has been inconsistent. Too often he tried to play the best teams in the league at their own games and we got a couple of bad schoolings through it. This season, he’s put his pride to one side and shown he’ll play the game and not the occasion. Encouraging.

On point 2, we’ll not get a better manager. Rodgers coaches well enough that he can create a good side that will win open games against relatively good opposition where the gap isn’t so great that they won’t make a game of it. And he’ll do it with a nice style to watch.

On point 3, he’s failing miserably. Whilst he’s well-equipped to create a team to win open games against decent teams or, more recently, to steal points against the best teams, he’s consistently shown himself ill-equipped to break down gritty, resolute teams. It’s undermining the good work he’s doing on points 1 and 2.

This is where the opinion can swing wildly. No one can say he hasn’t made us a good side. We’re all delighted when he’s shown he’s learned enough to take points we wouldn’t expect to. But his Achilles heel is those games that we should expect to win. And that’s where the frustration comes.

He was ultimately brought in - as was Puel - as our old game had supposedly been worked out and we needed to learn to win games where the opposition didn’t leave space for a counter attack. Neither have succeeded in doing that ultimately.

We need a penny to drop, as it did with Point 1, that the style that is so successful in Point 2 needs to also change for Point 3 games. That means less pass pass pass and more players who can run with the ball and exploit spaces as and when they open. As things stand we play pretty football in front of an organised opposition.

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You are right we do. 

The issue is when your going to ship two shit goals in quick session against a team who’d be happy with a point before kick playing direct football is very difficult if they are setting up to nullify it and hold on to what they have which they did very well tonight.

I am not sure about the fuchs situation, I kind of think fuchs was right to try, you cant just let the attacker set himself with only the keeper to beat.  A lot of the time in those situations the defender pulls it off.  But maybe fuchs instead should have just closed up to him to make him less comfortable and then let him try a shot under harder circumstances.

The other goal I felt was a result of the entire approach to the game.

It’s as simple as this. People make mistakes, the main thing is to learn from. Rodgers is to stubborn to learn from his mistakes. Awful team selection and tactics tonight. I could pass this off as a mistake and come back stronger but we all know we will carry on with these tactics. This separates him from the elite managers. Good but not great. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Actually you are easy to please, you looking at the placings, and have have decided thats all that matters.

I even said 3 posts up its is not about the league placing but about how we playing.  

Also before you say it, my comments are not based on one game.

If I only cared about the league placing I would be following Liverpool, I want to enjoy the game I am watching.

If just enjoying the game was all you were interested in, you'd have picked Barcelona or Man City or whoever else was good. You're my age, which means we probably started going down at the same time. We were ****ing shit and more often than not we've been shit since, watching good football is an absolute bonus when you're a Leicester fan. 

Now, I'm certainly becoming more and more about wanting to watch good football, so I appreciate where you are coming from. But I'd wager that both of us would not be happy being 16th but playing wonderful football. It would become tedious very very quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s as simple as this. People make mistakes, the main thing is to learn from. Rodgers is to stubborn to learn from his mistakes. Awful team selection and tactics tonight. I could pass this off as a mistake and come back stronger but we all know we will carry on with these tactics. This separates him from the elite managers. Good but not great. 

What makes it worse is that I said to myself before the game that he had the line up and formation wrong and we would struggle, so why couldnt he see it. ?. 

• Like 1

Sadly, he has a stubborn conservative streak which leads to a defensive mind set. His first aim in setting up almost seems to be not to lose a game rather than going to win it. That will only take you so far. The starting formation tonight was predictable and almost, sadly, the outcome. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

27 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am not sure about the fuchs situation, I kind of think fuchs was right to try, you cant just let the attacker set himself with only the keeper to beat.  A lot of the time in those situations the defender pulls it off.  But maybe fuchs instead should have just closed up to him to make him less comfortable and then let him try a shot under harder circumstances.

The other goal I felt was a result of the entire approach to the game.

It’s a stupid tackle as he’s going nowhere.

And the first one was poor positioning from several players capped by a criminal and naive mistake from Fofana stepping up when he should of continued to drop and leaving a huge gap in behind him.

• Like 1

My takeaway that hasn't already been covered....

We have a lot of players who have no middle ground when it comes to form.

Tielemans and Mendy will go from being two of the best midfielders in the league, to League 2 standard game by game.

Vardy in many ways is the same, always scores in runs, and that obviously coincides with those around him being poor also.

How does this relate to BR??

Well for me it's his job to be able to spot this, there's no way Tielemans has been pinging passes perfectly in training all week and then comes into a game and plays that horrifically. So why not swap him for Praet today... no need to change system, just recognise when someone might be due a bad game! 

Again, no need for a system change but why not give the team another option and play Nacho in place of Madders in that system to give us more of an outlet. 

Another way this relates to BR, he has his favourites and clearly those he doesn't like. It seems like as soon as you're on the naughty list there's no return! Hamza, Nacho, Perez etc etc... 

I feel like our next couple of signings could do with being a bit more middle of the road, solid 7's. I think that probably sounds boring on paper, but it's the Milner types, those ones who are guaranteed to give you a performance and get you points or a point week in week out.

A tad too much youth and flair has become a hindrance for us during our tough period with injuries.

Having said all that.... we're a couple of weeks away from this.... (granted if he manages to cock up with this XI questions need to be asked)

Kasper

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Castagne

N'Didi

Tielemans

Maddison

Under (this area still needs work)

Vardy

Barnes

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

What makes it worse is that I said to myself before the game that he had the line up and formation wrong and we would struggle, so why couldnt he see it. ?. 

This is exactly what me and my mate were discussing. That’s worrying. Although saying that I am 100% behind Rodgers and with the injuries we have had this year think we are still in a great position. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Totally agree, he is a good manager not a great manager.

His management style would benefit from being a bit more robust / direct with players, especially when team / individual performances could / should be better.

Tonight and against liverpool it looked and felt awful, had they played with grit and determination and  still lost there would be no argument from me and I suspect others.

To inconsistent it's either a good performance, or a really tonk performance! When we get more good performances consistently; a good manager credential will turn to a great manager credential which he has it in him to be!

11 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

I knew that a Rodger's thread would be booming post-Fulham. 

Let's be realistic. Before this season started, we knew left-back was an issue. Chilwell, despite not performing (and playing) was an integral cog in our machine. He has gone, and he is booming at Chelsea - best of luck to the lad! Should someone have been signed? Yes. Is Rodgers at fault for that? No. For some time, Leicester's transfer policy has been largely heralded by the backroom and executive staff - a policy that is for the best of the longevity of the club. (Clear avoidance of new manager's wasting money on "their own players" etc.) 

With Ndidi, Castagne, Pereira and Soyucu out the squad we are not playing at our full defensive ability. Justin, arguably our rotational wing-back is currently playing alongside Fuchs and Thomas, the former a legend past his prime and the latter a young lad at the birth of his professional career. We have been incredibly fortunate that Fuchs played well for a few games, but he has been caught out the last three matches. Additionally, our defensive stalwart of last season Monsieur Evans is struggling this season. He has been caught off-pace and off-concentration multiple times since the international break. 

While I agree that the performances have not been good enough, I wholeheartedly would argue that the tides of fortune are against Rodgers and the Leicester squad at the moment.

We are starting a formerly attacking fullback as a centreback, blooding a young foreign league debutant, dealing with a defensive stalwart's bad run of form, negotiating the lack of our Turkish lynchpin and coping without arguably our most talented defensive-minded player in Big WIlf. All whilst missing our best fullback and missing the second-most significant signing we made in the most recent transfer window.

God damn it I will say it, RODGER'S IN.

:brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still::brendan_still:

A different night this game could have finished 4-2. Vardy missed a chance, Justin missed a pivotal lay-off and Maddison squandered a few chances with impetuous attacking moves. We were not good enough defensively, but given the current situation and context that is not to be unexpected. 

Well said Brendan 😂