Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

1 minute ago, Eskay said:

He's come out and said we are a young side that's learning. 

Sorry mate....Kasper. Vardy. Fuchs. Evans. Praet. Mendy.......aren't u19s mate. 

Tielemans has played 50 European games and 30-odd caps for Belgium. Maddison has had 60-odd Premier League games.

Justin, Thomas, Fofana I can accept. We are not a team of kids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We blatantly competed.

They defended well looked to break took advantage of a coupe of bits of naive defending and from there on in they are always going to be hard to break down.

We only looked competitive in the last 10 minutes.  Passing it round the back isnt competing.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

I just expect us to compete in games.

Be angry today and be angry with the players. But we are better than we have ever been and So called Leicester fans come out and assume we should be winning the league as as soon as we lose this rodgers thread starts again. Losing to weat ham, villa and Fulham at home is a disgrace. But I personally would have took being mid table at this stage with all the injurys we have had.

• Like 3

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Be angry today and be angry with the players. But we are better than we have ever been and So called Leicester fans come out and assume we should be winning the league as as soon as we lose this rodgers thread starts again. Losing to weat ham, villa and Fulham at home is a disgrace. But I personally would have took being mid table at this stage with all the injurys we have had.

I dont think you understand what I am saying I can take losing as long as we do it fighting.  Its about how we are playing not the results and league standing.

No one here has said we should be winning the league, so not sure why things are been made up to try and make us all look like idiots and call us not proper fans.

What is a proper fan?

We only looked competitive in the last 10 minutes.  Passing it round the back isnt competing.

I think you need to watch the game if you think we passed it around the back, we were trying to pass it around a bank of 5 and four in their half for most of the second half which is not easy but was a product of them managing to get a two goal advantage.

When he finally reacted against Man City, went out of the box, played a system he’s never really played before, it worked perfectly and he deservingly got plaudits for it.

That kind of system works perfectly against certain teams, to continue with that system against teams like West Ham and Fulham is unnecessary, it’s negative, it’s stupid.

He reacts perfectly one week, doesn’t react the next when it’s clear as day that he needs to.

But the big problem is that these type of results are becoming too common, these type of results is why Puel got sacked, Rodgers is producing the same shitty results, against the same kind of shitty teams.

That is the biggest worry.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

I think you need to watch the game if you think we passed it around the back, we were trying to pass it around a bank of 5 and four in their half for most of the second half which is not easy but was a product of them managing to get a two goal advantage.

We spent 80% of the time passing backwards or sideways, no running forward with the ball, no long balls, no fast counter attacking, yes we were trying to do an arsenal or man city if you like but our players are not suited for it, as I said its the wrong way of playing, which is the whole point of my posts.  Wrong strategy for the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We're 4th, we finished 5th last season and we're through in Europe. I would suggest it is you who is hard to please. 

We have some good players and a decent squad, but it's a squad that will stink the place out sometimes no matter what Rodgers does (too many players with deficiencies in their game), and he's a manager who will get it wrong (like most do). To do better we'd have to get very very lucky with recruitment of a manager, who would need to be nigh on perfect to get regular top 4 from the squad. We're already performing well ahead of where we really should be (money talks and that puts us in 7th/8th/9th bracket). 

Actually you are easy to please, you looking at the placings, and have have decided thats all that matters.

I even said 3 posts up its is not about the league placing but about how we playing.  

Also before you say it, my comments are not based on one game.

If I only cared about the league placing I would be following Liverpool, I want to enjoy the game I am watching.

Edited by Chrysalis

I've met him a couple of times and he was class. Took time to talk to me and had a picture with my little daughter, really pleasant bloke. I have no personal agenda against him whatsoever but losing under his management infuriates me more than any Leicester manager I can remember. 

Maybe that's partly down to the rise in expectations of the club but he seems to be directly responsible for the majority of our losses. We're very rarely unlucky to lose games

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I've met him a couple of times and he was class. Took time to talk to me and had a picture with my little daughter, really pleasant bloke. I have no personal agenda against him whatsoever but losing under his management infuriates me more than any Leicester manager I can remember. 

Maybe that's partly down to the rise in expectations of the club but he seems to be directly responsible for the majority of our losses. We're very rarely unlucky to lose games

Thats my feeling as well, with other managers often felt we lost because of player mistakes, refereeing, or just that the opposition was a class above, but with us now its nearly always tactical.  That what makes it frustrating.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Funny how no one said this after Thursday. A team lacking motivation doesn't draw 3-3 with a last minute equaliser. 

The problem wasn't motivation today. It was poor set up, poor application and totally shit from a side with quality that didn't produce it. 

So too you, did the players look up for it, tonight?

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats my feeling as well, with other managers often felt we lost because of player mistakes, refereeing, or just that the opposition was a class above, but with us now its nearly always tactical.  That what makes it frustrating.

Come on - Puel was better tactically? Shakepeare? Ranieri in 16/17? I think Rodgers is victim of double standards, and of people laziily accusing him of arrogance when he gets things wrong. It's a combination of all sorts, especially with tired & missing players.

• Like 1

He underestimated Fulham. A game which should be 3 points. A chance to return to the top. When the players (like the fans) would have seen the lineup they would have been deflated. 

He would have given them that it's an easy 3 points.....and they sure played like it.

All the nonsense he said about 'we shouldn't allow people to take 3 points from our home' is all about his own ego 

We spent 80% of the time passing backwards or sideways, no running forward with the ball, no long balls, no fast counter attacking, yes we were trying to do an arsenal or man city if you like but our players are not suited for it, as I said its the wrong way of playing, which is the whole point of my posts.  Wrong strategy for the team.

That’s football when your facing nine bodies camped in their own half, you run forward you run into bodies, you pump balls at at their centre halves with Vardy up front by himself it gets headed away, and you can’t counter attack unless Fulham commit bodies which they did not.

Moving the ball sideways and backwards is how you pull players out of position and keep possession and make the space to play forward in,  they were just very disciplined and I actually think we decided to play forward too much on certain occasions when nothing was on.

• Like 4

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Come on - Puel was better tactically? Shakepeare? Ranieri in 16/17? I think Rodgers is victim of double standards, and of people laziily accusing him of arrogance when he gets things wrong. It's a combination of all sorts, especially with tired & missing players.

I think puel was better tactically yes but not great, his issue was the players didnt like him.  I feel we havent had a great manager since claudio and pearson.

34 minutes ago, Sly said:

People will say “look at the table”, look at “X” result etc etc 

We’ve played 39 games since the 1st January, including cups and the league. He’s won 17 of them. 

In the league though, it’s 28 games, 11 wins. 

Would anyone be surprised if it was announced he’d gone? 

The fact that we’re even having this debate, gives the feeling that the mob is turning. The fans would have the pitchforks out if you could get in the stadium. 

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if he was gone!

The only stat in the league that actually matters is league position, all the rest is

just paper filing crap.

We finished last season 5th, one of the highest league finishes in history! 
We are currently 4th and have just qualified for the last 32 in the Europa League.

People have to remember who we are, any more than inconsistent and this goes for the players and manager and they are gone to one of the bigger teams. 
Could anyone name a single manager who would come here and do a better job?

4 minutes ago, Eskay said:

He underestimated Fulham. A game which should be 3 points. A chance to return to the top. When the players (like the fans) would have seen the lineup they would have been deflated. 

He would have given them that it's an easy 3 points.....and they sure played like it.

All the nonsense he said about 'we shouldn't allow people to take 3 points from our home' is all about his own ego 

Can you see the irony in your first two sentences?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s football when your facing nine bodies camped in their own half, you run forward you run into bodies, you pump balls at at their centre halves with Vardy up front by himself it gets headed away, and you can’t counter attack unless Fulham commit bodies which they did not.

Moving the ball sideways and backwards is how you pull players out of position and keep possession and make the space to play forward in,  they were just very disciplined and I actually think we decided to play forward too much on certain occasions when nothing was on.

I respect your point and thank you for understanding now what I was intending for my comment to be about.

I just feel we play better when we play more direct.  Since thats not what Rodgers is about thats why I said I think he isnt our future. 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

Tielemans has played 50 European games and 30-odd caps for Belgium. Maddison has had 60-odd Premier League games.

Justin, Thomas, Fofana I can accept. We are not a team of kids. 

Southgate seems to get away with this for England for years too. 

The problem at Leicester is we aren't going to keep players for another 3 or 4 years and see them at their peak. Saying we're a young side learning until the players turn good and **** off along with Rodgers is no good to us.