Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

7 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Tactically inflexible, stubborn, no plan B - that's FT for you.

I give you exhibit A - 5-2 at the Etihad.

I give you exhibit B - 1-0 at the Arsenal.

...he stated it has taken him 14 plus years in order for him to move away from the dogmatic ideals that he had previously followed!!!

Being called inflexible was at the time a correct term which could be applied to him and he now understands that going negative in order to gain the upper hand against certain teams is a legitimate option to take. Other teams have learned this and it is a ploy used against us, of which we are at present, unable to overcome.

The purchase of Ünder is the way we believe we can get around this, the season now, is about to get very interesting!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I think it’s symptomatic of the modern society really mate. It’s mostly molly coddled feminine men, who can’t bare to be the butt of the office jokes and bragging rights for the weekend. So take their indignation out on those they feel they can from the comfort of their keyboard. Brendan let us down boo hoo 😢.

Different 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paddy. said:

4 wins from 6 after last season's heartache. IMO he deserves huge credit for that and for picking the boys up after the devastating way last season ended. All against a backdrop of serious injuries to key players. 

He's doing a good job.

Absolutely this... all credit to him after the way last season ended.

In fact, if it wasn't for Ross Barkley in the 91st minute, we'd currently be sitting top of the Prem on GD. For an out of form and depleted squad that's not a bad start at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I think it’s symptomatic of the modern society really mate. It’s mostly molly coddled feminine men, who can’t bare to be the butt of the office jokes and bragging rights for the weekend. So take their indignation out on those they feel they can from the comfort of their keyboard. Brendan let us down boo hoo 😢.

Nah if anything it's the self-described 'alpha' types at the opposite end of the toxic masculinity spectrum who struggle to deal with not having bragging rights.  You see it in every matchday thread, the 'big' men who know it all spitting vitriol at the manager and players and even other posters while the so-called 'feminine' types try to provide a little civility.  

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nah if anything it's the self-described 'alpha' types at the opposite end of the toxic masculinity spectrum who struggle to deal with not having bragging rights.  You see it in every matchday thread, the 'big' men who know it all spitting vitriol at the manager and players and even other posters while the so-called 'feminine' types try to provide a little civility.  

I think like most things its a cross section of all types of people , the secretive nature of the keyboard sometimes makes everyone a prat.

30 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

In fact, if it wasn't for Ross Barkley in the 91st minute, we'd currently be sitting top of the Prem on GD. For an out of form and depleted squad that's not a bad start at all.

And if Barkley hadn't pinged in that late goal and we were top of the table right now, there'd still be people picking faults because, presumably, if somehow makes them feel happier rather than just enjoying the moments. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

And if Barkley hadn't pinged in that late goal and we were top of the table right now, there'd still be people picking faults because, presumably, if somehow makes them feel happier rather than just enjoying the moments. 

Exactly. Certain types just have to 'yeah but' everything.

17 hours ago, twister said:

Still some concerns.

A very good coach obviously right to stay for a while

Just at times does some odd things. 

Its those odd things, and trying new things looking to find flexability and a group can be prepared for needed  formation changes.

That makes him a Good manager.. Old thoughts of the 70s-2000s have changed. This forum much as most have to understand...they themselves

das usually more wrong than Rodgers/any manager....

I cant Think of One critical Post sources from here,that has said anything that has proved Rodgers totally wrong & mis-placed...

He has said often enough, he was to find the different variables that this " New" squad are capable of. He admitted he & team would

Sometimes get it wrong...

For me ist sometimes hard to forget old-ways & adheges in Football ( other team sports), but we moved from Left-half/Inside forward/ Real wingers..to

wing-backs,No10s/No8s/False Cfs ( Though G.Cross in Early 60s we saw M.Gillies, confuse B. Shankley with this idea)..and Now again in the last couple of

years other ideas are being pushed through. Often its fans who are not seeing it..!!

Many negatives over Rodgers & others, is Simply fans being behind on what their manager is trying to do...

.Puel, even Ranieri  wasnt wrong,  they just couldnt get the experienced players to understand their  ways..

Its no coincidence that Now we are seeing our  new younger players ( through all teams) Pick up on the needs of selection & imaginative Formation changes.

Like him or not, its also what Southgate has Partly changed and wants in the England Set up...Though Not selecting Grealish is to me also a mystery.

Rodgers needs to use his long contract to his advantage- he has the ability and time to build something here. He's got a very talented squad. He'll have Vardy here, I don't think Barnes will go anywhere, I can see Ndidi staying a long time, Fofana should be here for four years or so. Others may come and go but consistently doing well keeps your name in the news and keeps you attractive. Veterans like Morgan and Fuchs will depart soon and their places will be up for grabs. 

Hopefully the academy will bring through four or five youngsters to become first team regulars such as Josh Knight and Luke Thomas.

I hope, in time, we can cut out the extremes in performance and become consistent and Rodgers takes us to a competitive level in and around the European places. He's shown us what he's capable of producing- let's have years of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Shh Carl, I was drawing them out.

On 26/10/2020 at 21:28, st albans fox said:

I wonder if we would have been quite so negative if vardy had been fit to start ....

away at Liverpool on the 22 November will be interesting.....

Pretty sure we're on course for another 3 or 4 long-term injuries before then. In fact, may be higher because of the international break lol