Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

I will admit we have more points on the board than I expected, form has improved.  Good start in Europe as well.

The concern still is the atrocious games we still have and the injury situation.

But if things carry on like the start we have had in terms of results I think he will be here in 12 months.

Edited by Chrysalis

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure we're on course for another 3 or 4 long-term injuries before then. In fact, may be higher because of the international break lol 

Whilst your post is sarcastic Stan, the fact that players are being wheeled out when they should be resting makes those predictions way more probable than they should be 

Youri needs a rest .... but no way will he get one in the break as he can’t afford to lose his spot in the Belgian side .....

jonny needs a rest .... but no way will he get one as he needs to play in their play off 

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst your post is sarcastic Stan, the fact that players are being wheeled out when they should be resting makes those predictions way more probable than they should be 

Youri needs a rest .... but no way will he get one in the break as he can’t afford to lose his spot in the Belgian side .....

jonny needs a rest .... but no way will he get one as he needs to play in their play off 

Tielemans really could have been rested vs AEK, that was the time to rest him IMO. I suppose Leeds relentless press could mean Praet and Maddison are preferred over Youri but right now he is undroppable from a form perspective.

Credit where credit is due. Without pretty much our starting defensive line and N'didi from last season we've picked up some great results and look really good. I think post lockdown he was really stubborn but this season he's shown that he is far more tactically aware and conceded that we may need to sit back in games to get a result (Arsenal and Man City). What he's done here is not short of sensational as we're competing with clubs who spend 5x what we do in most transfer windows and showing them up. 

• Like 2

I wonder how much last season ebbing away was him, and how much of it was the players (with the extra issue of injuries and niggles) being unable to carry out instructions. It's a weakness that has been in the squad since 15/16 , and maybe we're starting to overcome that particular flaw.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

Got it right once again today. 

Start of second half was quite slow. Maddison on for Praet was a good positive change. Changed the game as well and gave us some control back in the midfield which we lacked after half time. 

Once again deserves credit as much as the players today. 

Oh and the Under for Barnes sub had a positive influence on the game too. 

Edited by StanSP

I doubted the "masterclass" tag from last week but tonight, in the first half, was us playing at our very best. Pounced on every mistake, movement all over the shop. He's moulded Vardy into a player that defenders seem perplexed how to deal with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I doubted the "masterclass" tag from last week but tonight, in the first half, was us playing at our very best. Pounced on every mistake, movement all over the shop. He's moulded Vardy into a player that defenders seem perplexed how to deal with.

100% right. Last week was a cautious tactic which could have gone either way (as happened the previous week). 

Tonight was another back 5 but so much more

ambitious. First 20 minutes or so it looked like we had an answer for every Leeds attack. A really well orchestrated counter-attacking performance.

We look so much better organised than January-July this year. 

Rodgers might be evolving (to use his word) into a complete manager. He’s understood what his faults were and had the humility to adapt his style off the back of that. 

Being able to set up to defend and be compact whilst offering a threat going forward is such a good style to master and he’s clearly done it. Add that to his attacking, possession based style and we have two very distinctive ways of playing. Exciting times. 

Great comments again after the game, shows just how far he's come as a manager. Perfect set up and substitutions today.

Now we have two huge home games where we need to show something different and I'm confident after West Ham and Villa he will sort it out.