Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

He isnt a negative manager historically though is he? Is he being persuaded by the powerful leadership group to play a certain way? Probably not but it's weird so many managers have gone this way. Do they feel the only way to be a threat with Vardy is to sit back and counter? Is it squad limitations that he hasn't been able to rectify yet? The injuries forcing him into it? 

Hopefully this will be the wake up call, coinciding with some returning from injury. 

It’s games like this that make me think that rather than Brendan benign tactically brilliant in games like man city, he was actually just lucky. 

I really thought we were getting into the swing of bourses for courses. But today’s set up was terrible. 

im not going to go fully in on him, as at half time he made the right changes it’s just always hard at that point. 

Fuchs is out cover, why are we building a team around him

Hopefully he will learn from this. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We finished 5th last season, who do you think we could employ who would get us higher?

That’s the real question

Who(if anyone) could take this team of half good players (let’s be honest, we’ve got some quality at the club) and make them any better?

I don’t know the answer, I don’t know if anyone could?

Where Rodgers becomes questionable is when we see this team of half good players perform like they did tonight.

And tonight is NOT just an ‘off day’. We somehow blew it to finish 5th last season, because most of the latter half of the season we were actually pretty awful. Just a couple of draws would have seen us over the line. 
People seem to conveniently forget that under Rodgers we have had utterly dire runs of form.

As I said, bizarre times

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is very hard to have a debate with some of the closed minds on here. So I'll not bother.

The tactics were probably poor, right enough. But the players looked spent, and Tielemans more than most. These things are never just as simple as pick/formation - goodness knows what's gone on unseen by us. 

I get exactly what you’re saying and usually I’d back Rodgers and the players. I’d even accept tiredness kicks in with a run of games. However, we’ve been here so many times before. This was just like West Ham, it was virtually carbon copy. We just do not seem to learn nor do we seem to set up to deal with our shortcomings. It’s getting to a stage where tiredness doesn’t come into it. It’s the more worrying aspects related to application, (over) confidence and preparation. This is getting to a stage where the good times do not make up for turgid, mind numbingly boring bad times. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

He isnt a negative manager historically though is he? Is he being persuaded by the powerful leadership group to play a certain way? Probably not but it's weird so many managers have gone this way. Do they feel the only way to be a threat with Vardy is to sit back and counter? Is it squad limitations that he hasn't been able to rectify yet? The injuries forcing him into it? 

Hopefully this will be the wake up call, coinciding with some returning from injury. 

I don’t know what would be worse, him thinking we could only play on the counter or a man paid £9 million a year to manage a football team listening to people telling him he had to play on the counter.

As it happens neither is probably true. We’ve played in a contained way to save energy this season. He got the tactics badly wrong today. We can’t be that passive against bottom half sides at home.

All Rodgers fault haha possibly the best manager we have had and it seems half the fans hate him 🤯. Maybe look at the players, no matter what formation or what players are available, we should be beating Fulham with ease. Maybe hold the players to account as from 1-11 they were 💩. And Fuchs possibly had the worst individual performance in our history, every thing he did was an error 

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Maybe Brendon had it to easy at Celtic and the tactics against the Scottish teams weren't needed. I dunno really because I didn't follow Scottish football.

His tactics work well when the other team fears you, the good run we had last season, most opponents sat back and let us pass it around.

• Like 1

The resources he has in the squad, even with the injuries, is still plentiful. He needs to find the right blend. This negative, negative stance is flaky. It relies entirely on soaking pressure and bursting loose. Tad one dimensional that? But bizarrely today he was expecting to break loose, with only one real attacking player on the park - sorry Brendan, but that's just odd!!

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Maybe Brendon had it to easy at Celtic and the tactics against the Scottish teams weren't needed. I dunno really because I didn't follow Scottish football.

Nearly every Scottish team Celtic played when he was there setup to contain them they just generally didn’t have the quality to manage it or effectively counter attack in response.

The job isn’t quite the walk in the park some make it out to be though as Mr Lennon has proven.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Ahh that old again, I did say we over achieving.  You are quite easy to please.

I also didnt say we should fire him, there is a difference between that and what I said.

What??? What are your expectations? All of a

sudden Leicester fans are more entitled then Man Utd and Arsenal fans.

wake up to reality and enjoy the best days in our history. Are you really a fan? We are all annoyed but a reality check is needed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

What??? What are your expectations? All of a

sudden Leicester fans are more entitled then Man Utd and Arsenal fans.

wake up to reality and enjoy the best days in our history. Are you really a fan? We are all annoyed but a reality check is needed. 

I just expect us to compete in games, with effective strategies, play to our strengths that sort of thing, I would rather be lower in the table doing that, than fluking a higher position, providing the difference isnt relegation or a lost trophy.

Am I entitled expecting us to play better against a promoted team that has only beaten another promoted team so far?

Edited by Chrysalis