Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

AEK Athens (A) Europa League

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

So why do you not like being called Athens? and in your opinion who does better Indian food The Raj Mahal or The Prince of Punjab??

A. Because that's not the club's name. We're also technically not in Athens proper and there are other top flight teams playing in Athens as well. 

B. You tell me which one to visit if I make it Leicester for the away game. 

Edited by picklerick21
  • Like 1

We need our best, or as good as, 11 here. I'd prefer to get in before the international break with 2 wins in the group. I think we'll play tactically with leeds like we did arsenal and if we can get a result against them as well then that's a great window for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, picklerick21 said:

Hi all, AEK fan here. 

Ask me anything

Level with us.  Half your XI is Portuguese, the colors are pretty much the same, even the badge looks suspiciously familiar …

1078873678_AEKbadge.JPG.f6d181bb387fd9139fa164e348c291a6.JPG      977938465_Wolvesbadge.JPG.e4b7bc255261539ecf030a9a01d12c2c.JPG

Did Fosun and Mendes go in together on your club too?  Or is it an under-the-table Wolves “B” or some s***?  Because this is seriously whiffy.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 3

@picklerick21Welcome to the forums and love it that you are participating in the banter! This is one of the things I am looing forward to the most this season, finding out more about teams that get very little exposure over here. 

What's the Coronavirus situation like over there? Fans won't be allowed into European games, but there were rumours that they would be allowed back into league games. Is that going to happen this year?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, picklerick21 said:

A. Because that's not the club's name. We're also technically not in Athens proper and there are other top flight teams playing in Athens as well. 

B. You tell me which one to visit if I make it Leicester for the away game. 

I hear the Dover castle is booming on Thursdays pal away fans very welcome

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Level with us.  Half your XI is Portuguese, the colors are pretty much the same, even the badge looks suspiciously familiar …

1078873678_AEKbadge.JPG.f6d181bb387fd9139fa164e348c291a6.JPG      977938465_Wolvesbadge.JPG.e4b7bc255261539ecf030a9a01d12c2c.JPG

Did Fosun and Mendes go in together on your club too?  Or is it an under-the-table Wolves “B” or some s***?  Because this is seriously whiffy.

Nah. I can't wait for the club to be dePortuguesified. We do have a long history with Portuguese players and managers for some reason. But we were severely undermined by a clown of a coach last season.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Here we go ...  too much playing down for me  ....     he obviously thinks we’ll get stuffed ...   :)

Go watch the highlights from Braga-AEK then. If we were at full squad, if we had fans present, I would give us a 50% chance to draw. I'll be thrilled with 0-0, but I'd put my money on 0-1.

Edited by picklerick21

5 hours ago, picklerick21 said:

Hi all, AEK fan here. 

Y'all can relax, we are a hot mess right now. 

All our holding midfielders are out, our center backs are new acquisitions and still gelling, our best winger is out, and our featured attackers are far off form. We stand no chance. 

Couple of things:

1. Please don't call us "Athens"- team is called AEK, sounded out phonetically.

2. There will be no fans in the stadium.

3. Ask me anything

Welcome.

1 - What are general predictions from the AEK fans on this

2- What are your fans hoping for in the group in general?

3- What is your style of play?

4 - Any star players (or hidden gems) we should be wary of?

• Thanks 1

Just now, picklerick21 said:

Go watch the highlights from Braga-AEK then. If we were at full squad, if we had fans present, I would give us a 50% chance to draw. I'll be thrilled with 0-0, I'd put my money on 0-1.

Only messing mate ...   good luck !

Honest ...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, Nalis said:

Welcome.

1 - What are general predictions from the AEK fans on this

2- What are your fans hoping for in the group in general?

3- What is your style of play?

4 - Any star players (or hidden gems) we should be wary of?

1. We fear the worst. A 0-3 would sting.

2. We're hoping to finish 2nd, but we shot ourselves in the foot in the opening game. With a full squad, we're capable of it. 

3. Our coach is Italian, from the Juve school. Think cynical, no frills Italian soccer. We've employed 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 but we play like ass with the latter.

4. In theory yes. Nelson Oliveira and Marko Livaja are potential game changers, but they are in contract talks and playing like garbage. Petros Mantalos, the captain, is important all around in terms of pace and spreading the ball. Our star winger in the making- Levy Garcia- is out. This kid has EPL potential. 

• Thanks 2