Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

AEK Athens (A) Europa League

It's all Greek to me but I reckon I'll have some moussaka for tea and then after I've finished the Mythos I'll go outside and shout abuse at my neighbours and chuck a few plastic patio chairs around. It'll feel just like being there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

What are “some” of us supposed to do then?  Refuse to watch the match in solidarity with the likes of you?  Bitch instead of cheer if City score a timely goal?

I guess a Europa League group match should be thrown into the bin just because it doesn’t come with the opportunity to get ****faced in a foreign city and dance round the square with one's pants off.

I’m tired of this type of moaning.  The virus has changed most things in life substantially for the worse.  If this is the worst of it for you, I'm glad for you.

If you want to ignore the match then fine, ignore it on here too.  The rest of us will enjoy it as best we can.  And who knows, if we win it and keep progressing, there could even be a better European competition next year when fans will be able to travel.

I don't want to make you any angrier but the players probably get their meals paid for too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

What are “some” of us supposed to do then?  Refuse to watch the match in solidarity with the likes of you?  Bitch instead of cheer if City score a timely goal?

I guess a Europa League group match should be thrown into the bin just because it doesn’t come with the opportunity to get ****faced in a foreign city and dance round the square with one's pants off.

I’m tired of this type of moaning.  The virus has changed most things in life substantially for the worse.  If this is the worst of it for you, I'm glad for you.

If you want to ignore the match then fine, ignore it on here too.  The rest of us will enjoy it as best we can.  And who knows, if we win it and keep progressing, there could even be a better European competition next year when fans will be able to travel.

image.png.b56ff10e551340cae690bcc0bd408d8a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's all Greek to me but I reckon I'll have some moussaka for tea and then after I've finished the Mythos I'll go outside and shout abuse at my neighbours and chuck a few plastic patio chairs around. It'll feel just like being there. 

Lol. I tried to explain to a yank (big soccer man, watching PL on a Saturday morning in an Irish pub out there ) the olde cultural 80s and 90s English tradition of hurling cafe tables and chairs around in beautiful European squares.

He tried to rationalise it, assuming it was old WW2 bitterness and settling old scores. 

Nope. It's just done for a laugh. He was nonplussed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

kt9ms.jpg

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Lol. I tried to explain to a yank (big soccer man, watching PL on a Saturday morning in an Irish pub out there ) the olde cultural 80s and 90s English tradition of hurling cafe tables and chairs around in beautiful European squares.

He tried to rationalise it, assuming it was old WW2 bitterness and settling old scores. 

I expect there's more to it than 'it's just done for a laugh', but I don't think I should go into it here. 

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

When are they due to fly out? And I'll get the old flight radar on and watch that on my laptop, as opposed to working

HT2020   is the flight number, if anyone's interested. Plane's 29 years old! 

Currently over Rovinj, northern Croatia. 

Normal 737 seat configuration. No business class seating! Expect some sore knees. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

HT2020   is the flight number, if anyone's interested. Plane's 29 years old! 

Currently over Rovinj, northern Croatia. 

Normal 737 seat configuration. No business class seating! Expect some sore knees. 

What I think we can infer from this is that we've done this flight on the cheap.

That means we're cutting costs

That means we're broke

That means the owners will go bust and we'll be sold to someone who turns out to be an asset stripper, soon to occupy last place in league one.

This is a disaster :(

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

What I think we can infer from this is that we've done this flight on the cheap.

That means we're cutting costs

That means we're broke

That means the owners will go bust and we'll be sold to someone who turns out to be an asset stripper, soon to occupy last place in league one.

This is a disaster :(

Whilst I know you're not being serious :P....

Probably having to use bigger planes due to COVID protocol

More staff required on European trips

The charter company in question offers VIP personalised flights for sports teams... can probably even remove seats for extra room

Essentially, probably cost just as much, if not more, than a PJ

19 hours ago, picklerick21 said:

Thanks for the welcome @StriderHiryu. I'm not in Greece but do follow current affairs closely. Cases are exploding - albeit on a smaller scale compared to more populous countries - and it looks like the next 6 weeks will be quite difficult. Becaue of this, any plans to allow fans back in stadiums have been scrapped. 

We, of course, follow the EPL, and Leicester is a very likeable side. It gives me hope that success isn't only predicated on a club's budget and worth. 

Is our club less likeable to AEK/Greek fans since the emergence of Soyüncü and the acquisition of Cengiz Ünder?

2 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Had a £5 bet with my brother there would be a photograph of Madders boarding the plane to Athens doing a peace sign with a flashy rucksack. Easy money,  good times.

I've gone with pretending to be a plane, plus flashy rucksack. Easy money, Good times.

(Had to pay Madders £50 unfortunately)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Had a £5 bet with my brother there would be a photograph of Madders boarding the plane to Athens doing a peace sign with a flashy rucksack. Easy money,  good times.

This just made me blurt out laughing. Fair play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Don't forget to smash a few plates. It's their culture, innit?

24 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

I've gone with pretending to be a plane, plus flashy rucksack. Easy money, Good times.

(Had to pay Madders £50 unfortunately)

Nice double lad, was only 7/2 on PaddyPower, so that's decent pick-up.

Madders also earned his fee - I reckon from the puffed out cheeks he may have even provided a little aeroplane audio with the performance.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Should have asked him if he'd seen that classical piece of hollywood's finest, Animal House, and likened it to football fans on tour.