Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

AEK Athens (A) Europa League

26 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I think there needs to be some rotation before the Leeds game - even if we have the extra day recovery.

I’d go with:

Schmeichel

Justin

Fofana

Morgan

Fuchs

Choudhury

Praet

Under

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho 

Agree, tho possibly go for Albrighton over Barnes

Tielemans, Evans and probably Barnes are due a rest. Vardy should be on the bench too, hopefully isn’t needed at all. 

Would like to see Under start his first game for us. Might see Under, Perez and Nacho crowbarred into the same side. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Buzzing for this game now after the two wins in a row and the enjoyable nature of watching us play against a team we knew little about last week. Just a shame the blue army can't be over there to support the team, but looking forward to a good game. Agree with everyone else on here that we should rotate, time to give minutes to the likes of Nahco, Albrighton, Morgan and Perez. COYB!

Difficult because if we concentrate on beating these and Zorya home and away then we are through. Doesn't matter what we do against strongest team in the group. Need to make sure we have enough to win the game. Don't know anything AEK to know if it's a game for Morgan of not but we don't have any alternative at centre back. If Thomas can play I can see him sticking with Fuchs as left centre back alongside Morgan and Fofana.

I'd go as full strength as possible, really. Got extra 24 hours to prepare for the Leeds game.

Out of interest - given our slightly depleted squad and the fact we bagged 3 points against Arsenal - would we be happy to focus on getting the EL  group sewn up as quickly as possible or should league still be priority?

My feeling is that we can, realistically, get the EL group done and dusted by this time next month, with 2 games to spare. Athens away, then both Braga fixtures. That takes us to 26th November. In that time, we'll have had Leeds, Wolves and Liverpool. I'd like another 3-4 points out of that lot but I'd accept two bore draws and a loss, if it meant that by the Fulham game on the weekend of 28th Nov (most likely Sunday or Monday), we can then go back to prioritising the league and hopefully smash Fulham, Sheffield and Brighton before a very heavy Christmas. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'd go as full strength as possible, really. Got extra 24 hours to prepare for the Leeds game.

Out of interest - given our slightly depleted squad and the fact we bagged 3 points against Arsenal - would we be happy to focus on getting the EL  group sewn up as quickly as possible or should league still be priority?

My feeling is that we can, realistically, get the EL group done and dusted by this time next month, with 2 games to spare. Athens away, then both Braga fixtures. That takes us to 26th November. In that time, we'll have had Leeds, Wolves and Liverpool. I'd like another 3-4 points out of that lot but I'd accept two bore draws and a loss, if it meant that by the Fulham game on the weekend of 28th Nov (most likely Sunday or Monday), we can then go back to prioritising the league and hopefully smash Fulham, Sheffield and Brighton before a very heavy Christmas. 

Thoughts?

Absolutely. 

Our returning players could work in our favour though. We’ve been very lucky to pick up points where we have without the main core of the team. 

Get EL sorted in the next month and then over Christmas you’ve got Cags, Wilf, Ricky all coming back to bolster the options for a sprint up the table.

I was getting a bit worried after b2b defeats but I think we’ll be ok. Finish 8th this year, a good EL run and a shot at a cup - I’d take it.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

The one player we should be resting is Youri.

His fitness has come on leaps and bounds since we first loaned him however, he still looks leggy and blowing after about 80mins. 

He's played throughout the international break so I would be resting him if we can.

You mean after 80 mins when he put it on a plate for under and then controlled the rest of the game. If anything he looked better after 75 mins than all game