Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

AEK Athens (A) Europa League

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

Barnes, Chillwell and Gray? 

Barnes is one of our best players

Chilwell just bagged the club 50 mill 

Gray had potential at the time.

You can't compare one result away to a regular champions league team who still had something to play, when we didn't - to a europa league away game where you are rotating the squad sensibly because of the fixture congestion. 

I had edited my post mate. 

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Just seen :thumbup:

Tbh I had to check again because I thought it was more inexperienced too. Maybe we'll just blame Hamer? haha

Was Chilwell already breaking into the team back then or was it an appearance out of the cold? I know he didn't have a look in the season before obviously but can't remember at exactly what point he claimed the position.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Was Chilwell already breaking into the team back then or was it an appearance out of the cold? I know he didn't have a look in the season before obviously but can't remember at exactly what point he claimed the position.

Odd appearance, still wasn't featuring much in the Prem back then.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Not being funny here, but on what basis does he deserve to start? 

Young lad, was willing to go out on loan if need be, has committed his future to us (I think he signed a new deal over the summer), doesn’t kick up a fuss about game time and has 2 or 3 good games (and 2 or 3 not so good ones) when called upon last season. 

Slightly bemused by the idea we should be making wholesale changes in Europe ahead of a regular league game against (newly-promoted) Leeds. 

I suppose some rotation is inevitable, but I’d like us to go as strong as possible - including Vardy, if he is fit.  

And if it means we have to then rotate him out against Leeds for Iheanacho/Perez that’s fine by me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Not being funny here, but on what basis does he deserve to start? 

He’s our one academy lad in this squad this season, he’s not getting game time on loan, and has performed well previously. Europa group stages are ideal for him.

• Like 1

Getting more and more excited as the day goes on (a really shitty and stressful day at work as well, but it finishes at 1655 on the dot when the team sheet is announced and my mindset moves {shit it's 15 minutes earlier for Europa, I've got even less time to get my shit together 😱😱😱😱😂🤪}) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Slightly bemused by the idea we should be making wholesale changes in Europe ahead of a regular league game against (newly-promoted) Leeds

I suppose some rotation is inevitable, but I’d like us to go as strong as possible - including Vardy, if he is fit.  

And if it means we have to then rotate him out against Leeds for Iheanacho/Perez that’s fine by me. 

Maybe if it was Fulham/West Brom i'd agree

Much as i hate to admit - Leeds are a higher level and if they play at their usual high tempo. Perez and Nacho will do bugger all against them

• Like 1

I know I've said full strength for every game in the EL but I think I'd actually rest Vards tonight. I doubt very much that AEK will dominate us and we'll be looking to hit them on the break like against Arsenal. We'll have a lot of the ball and their back line will be deeper, like West Ham were. I think Nacho would be 95% as effective as Vards would be tonight, and then we can save JV for the inevitably expansive game vs Leeds.

Other than that, full strength please. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Europe ahead of a regular league game against (newly-promoted) Leeds.

I love a cheeky bit of banter, tongue in cheek implying Leeds are tinpot is all well and fun. 

But let's not pretend that game won't be significantly harder than AEK. 

Leeds are a good team in fairly decent form, two points below us in the league. 

Even the AEK fan that just joined here thinks they're in a state and they'll get smashed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love a cheeky bit of banter, tongue in cheek implying Leeds are tinpot is all well and fun. 

But let's not pretend that game won't be significantly harder than AEK. 

Leeds are a good team in fairly decent form, two points below us in the league. 

Even the AEK fan that just joined here thinks they're in a state and they'll get smashed. 

Leeds look like a bloody nightmare to play against, like a plague of locusts. And pretty good quality locusts at that.

I'm hoping our boys treat them like high protein snacks, but I do worry about a 'wtf hit us' response from them on Monday night.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Leeds look like a bloody nightmare to play against, like a plague of bloody locusts. And pretty good quality locusts at that.

I'm hoping our boys treat them like high protein snacks, but I do worry about a 'wtf hit us' response from them on Monday night.

I can see it going the same way the West Ham game did if we're not seriously on our game. 

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Leeds look like a bloody nightmare to play against, like a plague of bloody locusts. And pretty good quality locusts at that.

Looking for some more Plan "B" action against Leeds.