Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No way to tell if that was him or the already successful scouting operation tbh.

I know your not a city fan but this attitude makes me laugh. If its a good signing it's the "already successful scouting operation" if its a bad signing then Congers is a useless bellend, Congers out etc etc. 

Happened for years with Rudkin too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No way to tell if that was him or the already successful scouting operation tbh.

Tbh what else would you expect at Celtic when your buying players like scott Allan for 125k in the 21st century. The budget doesn’t get you much quality. Scouts aren’t miracle workers. I’d get calling congerton rubbish if he’s blown millions 

Edited by Heymister2015

6 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Tbh what else would you expect at Celtic when your buying players like scott Allan for 125k in the 21st century. The budget doesn’t get you much quality. Scouts aren’t miracle workers. I’d get calling congerton rubbish if he’s blown millions 

Please don't get him started.:) Great that our scouting is working so well. A testament to our owners and the adminstration that run this club. Now and in the past.

17 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

He did blow millions. A lot of money by our terms. Signed Compper, paid him 30k a week for 2.5 years and he was good enough to play 55 minutes for us in that time. There are countless others I could go on about that I've already documented on the forum previously. He was also not at the club when we signed Scott Allan. Those punts at relative pennies aren't a problem tbh either, 1 in every 10 of them seems to work for us which is decent enough in that market and offsets the project type signings that don't work. We had a decent record of buying players fo modest sums developing them and then selling them on to the EPL before he arrived. Since he's arrived and through to now though that's all changed.

I hope he doesn't do too much damage at Leicester of course as I've grown to become attached to the club but he'll always be a charlatan in my eyes and my instinct will always be that recruitment at Leicester continues to be good in spite of him rather than because of him.

35 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I know your not a city fan but this attitude makes me laugh. If its a good signing it's the "already successful scouting operation" if its a bad signing then Congers is a useless bellend, Congers out etc etc. 

Happened for years with Rudkin too. 

Look at my previous post, I gave him kudos for the Castagne signing so that debunks that theory.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

How is he playing as a LB? Equally as good as the RB?

Think he still looks and feels a bit awkward on the left. His defending is second to none. Looks like he's still working out his attacking and that's going to take time.

9 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

How is he playing as a LB? Equally as good as the RB?

Hard to say. Not attacking with the same confidence, but that could be because he’s coming back from injury. He attacked with more purpose when playing LB for Belgium a few months back, so I am putting it down to the injury for now. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me he's a significant upgrade on Chilwell, even if he's better as a right back than a left back. Today he made very intelligent runs, made some nice reverse passes, crosses with his stronger foot, etc. He's very competent defensively and his positioning and tactical awareness is some of the best in our team. 

At left back I can see why people say he looks a bit awkward as there are a number of times where you know if he was on the other side he would cross the ball first time, but on the left he takes an additional touch, but I don't think it's clumsy and we still develop good attacking play from that side when he does it. When comparing him to Chilwell's performance's, I still feel like Castagne is more consistently an attacking threat at left back, though on his day Chilwell did have some great games for us. Actually of all the players we have tried at left wing back, in terms of attacking influence, I think James Justin is the most threatening, but in terms of overall play Castagne is the best all rounder.

Hats off have to go to the scouting team. If you look at full backs signed in the league recently, he's one of the best. Better IMO so far than Telles, Chilwell, etc. Probably only Tierney I would rate as a better signing than him from what I've seen so far, but then he can't match Castagne's versatility. 

Agree with all this.  Think Telles has been hugely disappointing for Man U.  Makes me think we have yet again stolen a march on the big clubs by signing a better, younger player.  

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree with all this.  Think Telles has been hugely disappointing for Man U.  Makes me think we have yet again stolen a march on the big clubs by signing a better, younger player.  

Agreed and I really wanted Telles or Tagliafico but I'm glad that I didn't get my wish. 

Edited by murphy