Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brilliant strike tonight. Kelechi will get MOTM, but Castagne was a contender (as was Evans). Truly brilliant signing, for me he's a 9/10 signing because he's consistent, versatile, hardworking and talented. Ricardo is of course the better player, but if every signing was as good as this lad, you'd be pretty pleased with the scouting team.

Great stuff Tim!

Agreed. He was an outlet on the right constantly and just needed that bit of support and assistance going forward. 

Love his versatility and honesty. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, martyn said:

The only slight disappointment I have is that he seems far far more effective on the right than left rather than being equally adept as seemed to be the narrative when we signed him. 

Would have been more of an issue had Justin not stepped up.

Definitely an issue, but scored with his left and put in a few tasty crosses with his left foot after he was shifted over there too.

IMO if we had Ricardo back to his best, he would be a more than serviceable LWB / LB. I do agree that JJ is better in that position though.

He's starting at RWB because in that system he's one of our main attacking outlets. He had a very good game I felt.

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Definitely an issue, but scored with his left and put in a few tasty crosses with his left foot after he was shifted over there too.

IMO if we had Ricardo back to his best, he would be a more than serviceable LWB / LB. I do agree that JJ is better in that position though.

He's starting at RWB because in that system he's one of our main attacking outlets. He had a very good game I felt.

This is an excellent point. Castagne plays RWB much better than Pereira. Pereira seemingly plays better when he has a winger to overlap, and as such I think he is the better right full back.

What an enviable position Rodgers is in though, players coming back from injuries affording him all manner of formations (at least in the defensive to middle thirds).

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Brilliant strike tonight. Kelechi will get MOTM, but Castagne was a contender (as was Evans). Truly brilliant signing, for me he's a 9/10 signing because he's consistent, versatile, hardworking and talented. Ricardo is of course the better player, but if every signing was as good as this lad, you'd be pretty pleased with the scouting team.

Great stuff Tim!

Fofana seemed reluctant to pass to him, the ball kept being moved to the left for Caglar to pass to Thomas.

On 23/04/2021 at 05:08, 5waller5 said:

He looks so much stronger on the right. 

Finding a place for Ricky P is the challenge now!

a Riccy P at the top of his game is nailed on RB starter.

I wonder if Castagne was brought in as his replacement and the plan was that he would go this summer. Not likely now as he’s evidently still recovering from the injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Fofana seemed reluctant to pass to him, the ball kept being moved to the left for Caglar to pass to Thomas.

I wonder if that was intentional? Fofana often drives forward with the ball sometimes operating as a right back himself in the new system. So maybe instead of interchanging like in the 4231, the idea is that one goes and the other covers?

One of the nuances with the 3412 is among the back 3. When we attack, whoever is the spare CB joins in with the attacks. Castagne himself did this when he was the 3rd CB after Fofana went off after breaking his fast against West Brom.

I'll keep my eye on it, eagle eyed observation! Most things under Rodgers are quite deliberate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I wonder if that was intentional? Fofana often drives forward with the ball sometimes operating as a right back himself in the new system. So maybe instead of interchanging like in the 4231, the idea is that one goes and the other covers?

One of the nuances with the 3412 is among the back 3. When we attack, whoever is the spare CB joins in with the attacks. Castagne himself did this when he was the 3rd CB after Fofana went off after breaking his fast against West Brom.

I'll keep my eye on it, eagle eyed observation! Most things under Rodgers are quite deliberate.

Maybe but he was half way up the pitch hugging the side line and signalling for it, Fofana kept looking at him but rarely passed. It looked like he didn't have the confidence. Maybe he was affected by his fasting and didn't want to get to involved any interplay going forward just covering his defensive work.

As it happened it certainly enabled Thomas to be more involved and to get forward more so good experience for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...