Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree with all this.  Think Telles has been hugely disappointing for Man U.  Makes me think we have yet again stolen a march on the big clubs by signing a better, younger player.  

I think that to be fair with Telles, he's not used in an effective way. What is Man U's style of play? Counter attack with very little progressive passing when in control of the game. So his attacking tendencies aren't best utilised by their system. In fact though Man U are joint top and could even outright take the lead this week, they win games through individual quality (usually Bruno) than through combination play as a team. The goal posted in the Tielemans thread is exactly why we are so good to watch these days, it all stems through Castagne outmuscling his man to win the ball back with a header, with the rest of the team then working very well in combination with one another. That's why Castagne and Justin are really good for us, they are selfless players that have qualities that are well suited to our style of play.

I do think Castagne is the better player than Telles though. Perhaps from an offensive point of view Telles in the right system could excel, but Castagne shows that he can just be slotted into a team in either full back position and improves the team. We are more solid defensively in open play, we make more attacking play, and we are better at set pieces defensively with him in the team due to his height. 

If every signing we make is as good as Castagne and Fofana going forwards, I'd be delighted. Both more than good enough to step in and play in the first team, both great squad options too. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think Chelsea got duped by the fact he’s English and got a nice haircut. He did improve pre season (when he bulked up) a few years back, but he still had limitations in his game.

Out of their summer investments, he's probably been the best so far. 

I'm not putting him down, as he's a very good player. 

How good, time will tell

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree with all this.  Think Telles has been hugely disappointing for Man U.  Makes me think we have yet again stolen a march on the big clubs by signing a better, younger player.  

But I don’t like it how they can just correct their mistakes (usually) by spending and buying again.

38 minutes ago, MPH said:

From what I have seen , Chilwell has actually done quite well for Chelsea.

Thats not to say he’s as good as our Timmy, mind...

He has been one of their better players but I wouldn't trade him straight across for Timmy or JJ for that matter.

• Like 1

Castagne was excellent 2nd half yesterday, people are right that he isn't as powerful going forward on the left as he is on the right but watch his intelligence yesterday and he was like a young Phillip Lahm. The winning of the ball for our goals and peeling ofd in to space and getting forward was brilliant. Absolutely love him, just technically a very good player and won't nutmeg himself, run the ball out of play or look like he's got webbed feet even when he plays on the left which is something Chilwell did with aplomb. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

His pressing is brilliant. I’m going to pay myself back on the back here because when we were first linked with him this time last season I said he’d be a fantastic signing and he is! @Ric Flairwill confirm it!

He’s one of those players that makes the players around him better. Good short passing game, reads the game well, excellent decision maker, great defensively. More signings like this please!

• Like 1