Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

21 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Not been on the top of hid game last couple of matches. Time for Riccy to be back in the starting lineup?

He was still doing a solid enough job wasn't he but he set such high standards straight away any dip is going to be noticeable.

But it looks like his injury will rule him out anyway. 

Also, have we ever had such a quality substitution that is a like for like in their position? 

• Like 1

In an attacking sense, Castagne is very similar to Chilwell in that he looks for one-twos to free up space to drive in to. His end-product and defending is much better though. Ricardo coming on was a reminder of what he is capable of, in that he is good at driving both inside and outside, which gives defenders a much bigger problem when trying to deal with any overload. 

It will be interesting to see how both are used and against which opposition, as they both carry a different type of threat. Might be a good time for Ricardo to get a run in the team to give Timmy a rest.

Not hearing much about his fitness or when he might be back. Ricardo not quite back to fitness (possibly) and coming towards the sharp end of the season we're going to need Timothy. This month will determine our season and we can't expect Ricky to play them all. 

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Not hearing much about his fitness or when he might be back. Ricardo not quite back to fitness (possibly) and coming towards the sharp end of the season we're going to need Timothy. This month will determine our season and we can't expect Ricky to play them all. 

I think he is about 10 days away Brendan said. It was a tightness in his hamstring so he is working with the medical team and doing well.  Keeping his mate Dennis company!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Castagne continues to worry as a LB or LWB. He was the man bought in to replace Chilwell but its James Justin who owns that position. To me Castahne offers very little on the left side and looks excellent on the right.

The problem is JJ is out until probably October or November. Would you folks persist in Castagne or opt for Fuchs or Thomas?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Castagne continues to worry as a LB or LWB. He was the man bought in to replace Chilwell but its James Justin who owns that position. To me Castahne offers very little on the left side and looks excellent on the right.

The problem is JJ is out until probably October or November. Would you folks persist in Castagne or opt for Fuchs or Thomas?

...I think we now have the opportunity to put Castagne in on the right where I also feel he is at home as Ricardo had a tight hamstring!!!

We would not be looking to exacerbate the problem so we might just be looking to bring in Thomas to fill that role. The full backs are not excelling in Wing Back positions and with upcoming games we might need to continue with a back three, but we can not afford to play that way with a high line. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He was spectacular at the start of the season though

....this has been a weird season, he has been pulled from the right to the left, been injured and has come back to attempt to fit in a system designed to meet the managers attempt to incorporate an injury ravaged roster!!!

Bring him back to the right, no more chopping and changing, you could see he was enjoying his move from a club which did not afford him the privilege of playing in the position he wanted, and to some extent it seem he had fallen out with the game prior to coming here.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Man of the match for me tonight, he was superb!

castagne.gif

Also interesting that after Fofana went off he filled in as a third CB, similar to JJ when we have a "spare 3rd CB" to push up from there and was still good in that position.

Great signing!

Same. As I said in the match thread, was between him and Evans. And Timmy wins it with his all round displays.

• Like 1