Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Excellent at RWB, right back to his best. I don’t know why Albrighton came on for Fofana, but we were poorer for it and missed Timmy’s energy & composure.

But Wilf was my MOTM

That was an odd change. Little Wes didn't look happy about coming off and Timmy, who was a key attacking outlet beforehand, was pushed deeper into defensive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Excellent at RWB, right back to his best. I don’t know why Albrighton came on for Fofana, but we were poorer for it and missed Timmy’s energy & composure.

But Wilf was my MOTM

To be fair to Rodgers, Albrighton has been really good recently and it was harsh to drop him. Against West Ham, Albrighton was phenomenal!

Seeing as the game was done, giving him some minutes seems fair to me, and also I feel like Rodgers wanted to test Castagne out as the spare CB. I feel like he's proved he could do that role with some more experience. James Justin started playing there and after a few games started to become an incredible threat when playing there. It's a tactical move we've used this season and it's worked quite well.

But of course, you do have a point!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

To be fair to Rodgers, Albrighton has been really good recently and it was harsh to drop him. Against West Ham, Albrighton was phenomenal!

Seeing as the game was done, giving him some minutes seems fair to me, and also I feel like Rodgers wanted to test Castagne out as the spare CB. I feel like he's proved he could do that role with some more experience. James Justin started playing there and after a few games started to become an incredible threat when playing there. It's a tactical move we've used this season and it's worked quite well.

But of course, you do have a point!

So now we know the answer to the Fofana substitution - Ramadan!

Makes perfect sense now. Well played Brendan 👏🏼

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Highlights why Ryan Bertrand on a free would be a great signing for us. We’ve had to play too many games with castagne on the left. And it just doesn’t suit him at all. Long hard seasons/injuries you need depth. 

Surely not? We’ve got an almost impossible supply of great full backs, and JJ, Ricardo and Tim all prefer right back. 

Would rather have cover in literally any other position tbh...

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Exactly they all prefer the right, does Rodgers more likely want to send Thomas on loan for a season in the championship? Leaving us short! Bertrands free in the summer, comfortable on the left and solves the problem of square pegs in round holes when injuries hit 

Where does this leave Ricardo though?

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Where does this leave Ricardo though?

With a chance to return to his best without the need to rush and risk further injury

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

So he replaces Castagne at RB?

Can't see that!!..

And what happens when JJ is fit?

What an awful awful quandry  :D

• Haha 1