Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Ben Chilwell

Very interesting. 

It was clear to see that there wasn't something right for a while.

Taking the subject matter into account, there's no way any reasonable person would have bashed him knowing the ins and outs...

The one thing I will say is that the people who were completely oblivious to it all are still footballing no brains when they claimed his dip in form was non existent. 

Edited by Collymore

8 minutes ago, Hales said:

I said at the time that you could clearly see he was mentally suffering. Glad he got help and is feeling stronger now and hopefully by speaking out it may make people think a little. He didn't deserve the abuse he got.

Screenshot_20201029-162223_Instagram.jpg

I watched an Undr The Cosh podcast today with Neil Trotman who is now a qualified therapist as well as a football agent. He said that he had helped a Premier League footballer overcome some personal issues.

I wonder.

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I watched an Undr The Cosh podcast today with Neil Trotman who is now a qualified therapist as well as a football agent. He said that he had helped a Premier League footballer overcome some personal issues.

I wonder.

Reading between the lines it sounds like has had a really tough time. Glad he is feeling better and got the help he deserved. He is a young lad and it all got too much. How anyone can be so callous about that is revolting.

• Like 1

Just now, turkish14 said:

The game where he got booed over every misplaced pass, then when he did make the pass got jeered. 

I felt totally ashamed to be a LCFC fan 

Which game was that? I go to all home matches and I don't recall anyone within my earshot booing him. You always hear the odd moan (usually when Kasper hoofs it out) but nothing specifically directed at Ben. 

Was talking to my barber about this the other day. You’ve got to have incredibly thick skin to be a footballer in this day and age I think, criticism can literally come from anywhere, it’s not as simple as not picking up the paper or watching the news or listening to the radio. Social media has made it neigh on impossible to get away from completely. 

He got some absolute pelters from a lot of our fans and I’d probably include myself in that too, I think it’s sometimes hard to come to terms with the fact that footballers are just people too and they feel exactly the same things that we as “normal people” do. I’m glad he’s found it helpful to talk to somebody and I hope he’s in a better headspace. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Which game was that? I go to all home matches and I don't recall anyone within my earshot booing him. You always hear the odd moan (usually when Kasper hoofs it out) but nothing specifically directed at Ben. 

I cannot remember the exact game, but I was in the family stand and it was clear as day. There was another thread about it a while back, where I made the same point. Think someone said Southampton at home. But honestly couldn’t remember the opponents.

He said he lost his confidence rather than suffer from serious mental health issues. Some people seem to think any loss in confidence is a medical issue; it’s not, it’s a normal reaction to a job with highs and lows.

Chilwell wasn’t great at times and clearly wasn’t himself but there is no suggestion it was an episode of clinical depression. People with serious issues deserve our real compassion and support but unless you know otherwise this sounds like a young player who had a wobble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2