Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 11/03/2024 at 07:53, CosbehFox said:

Not expecting work to be busy with emails etc this week, the jollies of the industry combine on the same week. MIPIM and Cheltenham 

Waiting to hear back from a job I interviewed for last week but was told I’d have to wait because of this, didn’t realise how big it was. Ironically I used to work at a bookies too, is it always Cheltenham week?

On 13/03/2024 at 15:42, westernpark said:

Waiting to hear back from a job I interviewed for last week but was told I’d have to wait because of this, didn’t realise how big it was. Ironically I used to work at a bookies too, is it always Cheltenham week?

Yeah, certainly has been post COVID. 

Just added a kiss to a WhatsApp message to a male friend by accident, having been rashly simultaneously composing a message to my wife in my head (the message, not my wife).

Have offered to put kiss on end of all future correspondence if it turns out he actually likes it. Not heard back yet x

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just added a kiss to a WhatsApp message to a male friend by accident, having been rashly simultaneously composing a message to my wife in my head (the message, not my wife).

Have offered to put kiss on end of all future correspondence if it turns out he actually likes it. Not heard back yet x

Admittedly I’m not 100% certain on how this works but I think this means you’re gay now.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Anybody else had a really bad cough and catarrh recently? Seems to be something going round London for sure. More unpleasant than ones I've had in recent years. 

Had a whooping cough in January, making me bedbound for three days.

GP said it's likely to be a new strain that came from the London region.

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Market Harborough makes the Sunday Times Best Places to Live list - not a surprise at all. The town is one of few in Leicestershire which isn't a ghost town. 

Ashby is pretty solid and vibrant as well to be fair.... 

5 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My boss (male, married) once sent me a sweet emoji and a heart emoji, out of the blue and with no context. It’s never been brought up and I’d completely forgotten about it until I read this post. 

Just now, Blarmy said:

Excellent news! What’s the credit limit?

😂 trying to budget accordingly with the wedding. Honeymoon is a different matter that will be a bit pricey but that’s okay.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

😂 trying to budget accordingly with the wedding. Honeymoon is a different matter that will be a bit pricey but that’s okay.

Jokes aside, congratulations.  Must have been very tense waiting 😯

37 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

My boss (male, married) once sent me a sweet emoji and a heart emoji, out of the blue and with no context. It’s never been brought up and I’d completely forgotten about it until I read this post. 

It's not too late to go back and find out what that was about. Now he'll be sure you've forgotten about it and moved on is the ideal time to bring it up again.

As an update, my friend replied, didn't mention it, but finished with four x's of their own

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

46 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Jokes aside, congratulations.  Must have been very tense waiting 😯

The fiancée visa for the UK thankfully we hired a lawyer so made it more legit for our application. The turnaround thankfully wasn’t too just 6 weeks