Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Facebook down?

Instagram as well, I love how everyone goes into full panic mode everyone checking to see if they've been hacked and acting like the worlds gonna end! :ph34r:

12 hours ago, jonthefox said:

What have KFC done with their chips?. Huge improvement imo

Chunky like a chippy, triple cooked like a wank pub, or thin and crispy like McDiabetes?

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Chunky like a chippy, triple cooked like a wank pub, or thin and crispy like McDiabetes?

They're a bit chunkier and have some skin still on them. They've changed them a couple of times now in recent years. They've always been better than McDonald's IMO. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

They're a bit chunkier and have some skin still on them. They've changed them a couple of times now in recent years. They've always been better than McDonald's IMO. 

I used to enjoy a chicken burger before it became quicker to go out for a three course meal at a fine dining establishment. Don’t think I’ll be discovering the KFChip anytime soon. 

I genuinely can’t take our supporters for much longer. The level of rank stupidity on display over the last four years has been criminal. Complete asshats. 

• Haha 2

Watching what appears to be Texas night on BBC2. Never appreciated them at the time as a child who was fed up of hearing them being played constantly on Leicester Sound, but my god they've written some great popular music tunes over the years haven't they?

• Like 2

On 08/03/2024 at 19:53, jonthefox said:

What have KFC done with their chips?. Huge improvement imo

Yeah, salt and pepper wedge things they are terrific

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Anyone else listen to Fighting Talk?

It's a niche thought but it's irked me just how bad the contestants are at Defend the Indefensible these days. Aside from the old school and the odd person who is 'game,' people's inability to join in with the premise and refuse to defend the indefensible is really frustrating.

Yesterday's saw Paul Dickov given the statement to defend that he wished he'd played for Man Utd rather than Man City. Instead of making a humorous and obviously false claim he just said "nah not defending this don't care if I lose." Which wouldn't necessarily be an issue in itself, but it happens loads now and frankly it completely ruins the finale of the show.

It's getting to the point imo where they might need to change something, or give constant reassurance that this is a JOKE and not reality.

14 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It's a niche thought but it's irked me just how bad the contestants are at Defend the Indefensible these days. Aside from the old school and the odd person who is 'game,' people's inability to join in with the premise and refuse to defend the indefensible is really frustrating.

Yesterday's saw Paul Dickov given the statement to defend that he wished he'd played for Man Utd rather than Man City. Instead of making a humorous and obviously false claim he just said "nah not defending this don't care if I lose." Which wouldn't necessarily be an issue in itself, but it happens loads now and frankly it completely ruins the finale of the show.

It's getting to the point imo where they might need to change something, or give constant reassurance that this is a JOKE and not reality.

In this era, everything is clipped and that small clip removes all context from the situation. They're all conscious anything they say will be clipped, spread and then their job chances with those teams are rapidly decreasing 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

In this era, everything is clipped and that small clip removes all context from the situation. They're all conscious anything they say will be clipped, spread and then their job chances with those teams are rapidly decreasing 

Yep, that's completely understandable. Then don't go on the show would be my militant response if you're so worried. Why go on a show with that ending if you're not going to partake in that ending?

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Yep, that's completely understandable. Then don't go on the show would be my militant response if you're so worried. Why go on a show with that ending if you're not going to partake in that ending?

You're spot on, if they're concerned about these things why go on?

Money and publicity are the reasons I can think of. 

Dickov for instance, his only real pulls are Man City and us, and I think he's on Man City channels a lot. Assume that's his main pay day

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Depends on the guest. The experienced guests sound really convincing but the newer ones don't grasp it. A shame really, as you say it ruins the ending.

On 09/03/2024 at 08:40, Daggers said:

On 09/03/2024 at 10:32, Daggers said:

I used to enjoy a chicken burger before it became quicker to go out for a three course meal at a fine dining establishment. Don’t think I’ll be discovering the KFChip anytime soon. 

22 hours ago, Daggers said:

I genuinely can’t take our supporters for much longer. The level of rank stupidity on display over the last four years has been criminal. Complete asshats. 

You've become a very bitter person. lol