Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

My daughter was born on Sunday. She's amazing, as is her mum.

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I can feel the oxytocin and serotonin flooding through your veins. The love you feel for your kid and partner in those first few days is very special.

Congrats man.

Shhhhhh don't spoil his happy moment lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Congratulations, a fine birth date!  My daughter was 15 on Sunday!  Seems like no time at all ago she was born.

Not a bad time of year, really. Means she may get the odd half-term birthday, I think?

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Congratulations! My grand-daughter is due in 7 days, nervous as hell as its been a rough ride for my Daughter in Law, but getting very excited now. 

My kids have told me to forget about it and get another puppy. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Congratulations! My grand-daughter is due in 7 days, nervous as hell as its been a rough ride for my Daughter in Law, but getting very excited now. 

Loads of Granny jokes about to come your way Suze.

This is you isn't it? :D

Union FS tifo display - Page 54 - Leicester City Forum - FoxesTalk

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Far too much ugly graffiti and fly tipping but overall it’s fit for purpose - no ?

The traffic?- it's horrendous.   You want to go in a straight line?....   nah mate-  you must go three corners of the square in the opposite direction!

Profit Greed Scum

Electricity retailer Origin Energy has recorded a 17-fold increase in half-yearly profit to $747m, announced a bigger-than-anticipated dividend and released an upbeat outlook after benefiting from a sharp rise in revenue in its household-facing division.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Profit Greed Scum

Electricity retailer Origin Energy has recorded a 17-fold increase in half-yearly profit to $747m, announced a bigger-than-anticipated dividend and released an upbeat outlook after benefiting from a sharp rise in revenue in its household-facing division.

The Power they generate was sold at inflated wholesale pricing to their consumer arm which makes a relatively small profit.  Then blame the wholesale market pricing.  Its tricky because if there were other providers selling the power they generate they would pay the wholesale price too, so consumers would pay pretty much the same.  I think the WA approach of requiring the power companies to supply domestic before they can sell to the wholesale market its the way to go here.

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Profit Greed Scum

Meanwhile, I came in here to post about a weird experience I had today, and this partly explains why. 
I went into the shops on the way home from work, just grabbed the usual bread, milk some chocolate etc. 2 bags of shopping, the Mrs text asking for one more item, so I popped back in the store - must have been in there 5 minutes max and someone’s opened my boot and grabbed the shopping bags! 
For the record, I did not lock the car my fault! It was about $60 worth of groceries and nothing flash or anything. I’m not pissed off with the person at all really, the saw a chance and took it. For me $60 really isn’t worth getting upset about - and hopefully the person who’s grabbed it, has gone home and fed their kids and been able to give them a bit of chocolate, maybe a treat they haven’t had for a while.

I am pissed off with the energy suppliers, the supermarkets, the other major retailers who are maximising profits and forcing people to grab what they can where they can. It’s getting beyond a joke some of the prices for absolute basics.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I'm not really sure I would want to live there!

48 degrees when i walked out of work... this afternoon... Breathing in the air inside the car, was that feeling when you breathe in deeply in a sauna....I dont want to live here lol 

Edited by ozleicester