Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

18 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

It's cool the BBC have worked out that Joey Barton is thoroughly unpleasant, and him spouting his "views" on social media isn't great. Shame they didn't work it out a few years ago when they were fawning all over him and putting him on question time.

The first half of the 2010s were a great time to be dim and bigoted. So many opportunities to share your 'common sense' on national TV. 

• Like 3

Guess some people just get a kick out of being controversial or getting a reaction. Disagreements in discussion is heathy but think it’s the world at large, where there are things that are absolutely right to be shot down just having a different opinion on something like ketchup v mayo can turn people in to monsters. Never got involved in it myself, pointless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why is it that some posters seem to set out to be arseholes? And more to the point, why do the admins tolerate it?

Is this specifically in the main LCFC section or just generally speaking?

The local foodbank that I volunteer for has a Ford transit van supplied originally by Payne's of Hinckley at a small discount as it has their name on it.

The other day we couldn't unlock it and it turned out that the battery was flat. The AA came out and got it started but diagnosed a knackered battery. It got to Payne's eventually.

They agreed that the battery needed replacing.

They fitted a new Ford battery in just over half an hour.

They charged labour for 1 hour plus the battery.

Total cost? Nearly £400 !!!

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

The local foodbank that I volunteer for has a Ford transit van supplied originally by Payne's of Hinckley at a small discount as it has their name on it.

The other day we couldn't unlock it and it turned out that the battery was flat. The AA came out and got it started but diagnosed a knackered battery. It got to Payne's eventually.

I would of done it for £300 :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Initially I was thinking WTF, that's outrageous but then remembered that it cost £200 for a new battery in our car, 3 years ago. The labour was no doubt an absolute rip off but I'm guessing a van battery isn't cheap. But it's a charity van. 

Whoever is in charge at your charity should raise it with Paynes, a free/reduced battery as a gesture of good will isn't reasonable. 

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I've only just got over Leeds last week. I've barely come on here since as I just can't bare to face it. 

Bournemouth performance and win soften the blow, no?

https://archive.is/su6W2

My pal Gary is possibly the only person, globally, who talks sense on matters of inequality (the number one risk factor facing the world, not covid, not climate etc etc) and the above is well worth a read. He has a book coming out and his youtube channel, garyseconomics, is perfectly pitched to the masses.

Well worth a watch if you are vaguely interested in the politics of wealth, taxes etc.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 19:07, Parafox said:

I paid £140 for a new battery just on Tuesday. Had to be done on my driveway but £45 callout fee and £97 for the battery and the 10 mins it took to replace.

Granted it's a car not a van but I mean still...

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

My pal Gary is possibly the only person, globally, who talks sense on matters of inequality (the number one risk factor facing the world, not covid, not climate etc etc) and the above is well worth a read. He has a book coming out and his youtube channel, garyseconomics, is perfectly pitched to the masses.

Well worth a watch if you are vaguely interested in the politics of wealth, taxes etc.

Been listening to him for years now, I wish he had some mainstream support. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Number one?

If the planet is uninhabitable then equality won't matter to any of us. Also, during the progress of a dying Earth, inequality will be amplified far more. Poorer people, societies and nations will fall by the wayside first and the opposite true for the rest.

Inequality needs to tackled but on an equal footing with climate.

17 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Number one?

If the planet is uninhabitable then equality won't matter to any of us. Also, during the progress of a dying Earth, inequality will be amplified far more. Poorer people, societies and nations will fall by the wayside first and the opposite true for the rest.

They're both an adjutant to each other rather than one being a bigger issue than the other, I think. One will feed into the other and then they both mix and cause dire trouble.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Number one?

That is my opinion, but also a fact coming from the WEF risk forum and geo-poltical agencies. Equality means the planet is uninhabitable to huge swathes of people already, whether climate consequences or rampant diseases exist or not, and is largely unknown to us and in our gilded caged lives spending our free time in awful places like Italy and France. Inequality is already amplified far more. Listen to his channel.

Anyway I don't want to gas up the science club or get asked for a peer reviewed study, I am here to get clicks for my pal's YouTube channel and his book. He presents the issue phenomenally well.

https://www.youtube.com/@garyseconomics/videos

• Like 1

Average doesn’t mean bad. In here you constantly see players referred to as average, bang average or painfully average when they actually just mean bad, rubbish or shit.

On 28/02/2024 at 18:37, HighPeakFox said:

Why is it that some posters seem to set out to be arseholes? And more to the point, why do the admins tolerate it?

Sorry pal, i think I'm being funny sometimes.:D

• Haha 2

On 01/03/2024 at 11:29, grobyfox1990 said:

if he is genuinely a friend of yours, then feel free to tell him that he's abit of a hero of mine. He seems like a very genuine guy. 

• Thanks 1