Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dylanlegend

Lockdown 2.0

18 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I’m surprised the premier league is allowed to continue. It could be because it’s sponsored by Sky. It’s hardly essential is it 🤷

They have a very good testing process that has returned few positive cases. 

There's no reason for it not to go ahead.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

They have a very good testing process that has returned few positive cases. 

There's no reason for it not to go ahead.

Plus many of us look forward to it. Be it a distraction or whatever it is, but it's something many of us take a huge interest in. 

20 hours ago, Wortho said:

I’m surprised the premier league is allowed to continue. It could be because it’s sponsored by Sky. It’s hardly essential is it 🤷

It’s a workplace.

The money made from the Premier League directly boosts the economy. Each of the 20 clubs employs hundreds of people who are on average wage salaries. 

Alongside this, there are medium and small businesses who get work from things like the production of advertising boards to supply of food at training grounds. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

That’s confused me ......... 

it’s work - you’re allowed to go to work if you can’t do your job from home. No one should be stopping working unless their employment has been shut due to its ‘indoor social setting’ with the public. (Ie pubs, restaurants, shops (non essential). 

the main reason that football stopped in the spring was because it wasn’t safe due to a lack of available testing. That’s no longer an issue. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

Internationals should be stopped because players are mixing outside their bubble and across nations.

We talk of the U23s in a separate bubble to the 1st team squad, assuming it's true but then we allow players to mix with other team/nation players. 

That's not even considering the extra risk of injury.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wortho said:

Many essential work places and industries would love the testing system professional football has in place, probably one of the best equipped work places out there right now. However anymore injuries tomorrow and I agree 😂

• Like 2

Asking thousands of players to travel across continents outside of their personal or team bubbles is irresponsible at best.

With the domestic schedules as they are because of the condensed season, internationals should absolutely be cancelled. Players are dropping like flies.

Nobody fvcking cares about a shit England game in front of nobody.

The international breaks always have been, and always will be an absolutely unwelcome borefest.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Wortho said:

Loads of stuff isn't essential. Most of the business Amazon do id not essential, but you can bet your bottom dollar there will be vans zipping around everywhere delivering tat from China for peoples Christmas presents and they will announce record profits without paying nay tax, like normal. 

At least the football, if we win gives us a small glimour of something to look forward to each week.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's not just the players either. I imagine international games encourage families and friends across Europe to get together to watch games. An international break with very little football could be useful. 

Anymore than a normal PL game? 

I have come to the point where I dont think these measures have much effect.

(What would help is keeping carehomes free of c19).

If we do nothing  they say it might reach this or that... they said the same in September... and it didnt get close.  If we do take up these measures then how much will it help?  ...silence.

I think the risk to football is if the squads inculcate it ... SCRAP INTL GAMES NOW ...otheriwse play on!

Edited by foxinsocks

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I have come to the point where I dont think these measures have much effect.

(What would help is keeping carehomes free of c19).

If we do nothing  they say it might reach this or that... they said the same in September... and it didnt get close.  If we do take up these measures then how much will it help?  ...silence.

I think the risk to football is if the squads inculcate it ... SCRAP INTL GAMES NOW ...otheriwse play on!

I read that the biggest increases are Secondary School Kids and their parents.

The problem is if the numbers exceed our ability to hospitalise and care for them. 

It's also been said that the long term affects even if the actual initial attack is not a hospital case can be quite severe.

There are a number of things going on. All university towns have a spike and this can then infect the broader (older) community.  I would send the students home (after 7 days quarentibe) to study online...

There is some circulation in secondary schools.  But they will mess with this last.

The failure to protect care homes the first time was awful.  To fail this time is s scandalous.  It is NOT the visitors... it is the residents released from hospitals.  They should all be isolated going in.

27 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

There are a number of things going on. All university towns have a spike and this can then infect the broader (older) community.  I would send the students home (after 7 days quarentibe) to study online...

There is some circulation in secondary schools.  But they will mess with this last.

The failure to protect care homes the first time was awful.  To fail this time is s scandalous.  It is NOT the visitors... it is the residents released from hospitals.  They should all be isolated going in.

My mother was in hospital and needed a clear test to be allowed to return to her care home .....but as the hospitals come under stress, short cuts may become more attractive .....