Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

2 hours ago, Fktf said:

You found them in your post. Without vardy and Youri we are hopeless, because there's no one in the squad to stand in for them. 

I don't disagree. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but I don't think the club will be in a rush to strengthen either position. Maybe we'll bring in a young striker, but I doubt we'll be signing a replacement for Nacho until we sell him. I think we'll bring KDH back, probably in the summer, to be Youri's stand-in.

Guest Hansifüx

I would like to see someone like Yusuf Yazici, he is having a great season at lille developing very well, he scored two hat tricks in the uefa cup. He used to play pretty much everywhere in the midfield and was not a striker but lille have started to use him as a striker (they often play with 2 strikers though), which could be an interesting turn. He has a fantastic left foot, good at set pieces,  can carry the ball and plays fantastic final passes. He is in general an athletic player who in my opinion could develop further (he needs to improve his right foot). He had an ACL injury last season (but not an injury prone player in general) and is thus valued at the moment at 13m (but I assume his real worth is somewhere 30m), he is 23 years.   

not a good promo video to be honest (too many shots missing/failing  the target .... ) but gives an impression

Edited by Hansifüx
comment on video

8 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I would like to see someone like Yusuf Yazici, he is having a great season at lille developing very well, he scored two hat tricks in the uefa cup. He used to play pretty much everywhere in the midfield and was not a striker but lille have started to use him as a striker (they often play with 2 strikers though), which could be an interesting turn. He has a fantastic left foot, good at set pieces,  can carry the ball and plays fantastic final passes. He is in general an athletic player who in my opinion could develop further (he needs to improve his right foot). He had an ACL injury last season (but not an injury prone player in general) and is thus valued at the moment at 13m (but I assume his real worth is somewhere 30m), he is 23 years.   

Turkish by any chance?

Guest Hansifüx
2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Turkish by any chance?

yes, and that is why it might work ....

Edited by Hansifüx

Guest Hansifüx
Just now, casablancas said:

Have you recommended any none Turkish lads? Lol. Genuinely interested 

yes I have. But I know the turkish players well and I think there are a few that are under value and could have a positive impact. 

Probably been mentioned already but Boulaye Dia from Stade Reims? Just turned 24 years old, scored 10 with 1 assist in 15 games in Ligue 1 so far this season, with his team sat down in 15th position. The French league teams are all desperate for money due to the tv rights deal collapsing too, so they'll be willing to take less.

I haven't seen much of him, only highlights, so thoughts from others who have would be most welcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably been mentioned already but Boulaye Dia from Stade Reims? Just turned 24 years old, scored 10 with 1 assist in 15 games in Ligue 1 so far this season, with his team sat down in 15th position. The French league teams are all desperate for money due to the tv rights deal collapsing too, so they'll be willing to take less.

I haven't seen much of him, only highlights, so thoughts from others who have would be most welcome.

We were linked in the summer and I mentioned him last week after spotting he keeps scoring. Interesting. 

5 hours ago, majaco said:

With the emergence of Thomas and the squad we have, a striker is the only worry in the January window.  If we get one, he could struggle for pitch time anyway.

As long as he'd be prepared to come here and fight for his place, what's the problem?  Every Prem player these days has to expect that it's a squad game and he has to fight for the minutes he's given on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He looks quick and plays on the shoulder. I could see the appeal. Congerton can spot a player on France that's for sure.

A player like that would surely relish learning from one of the best at that? If Vardy could pass on and teach some of his knowhow, that player could really kick on

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A player like that would surely relish learning from one of the best at that? If Vardy could pass on and teach some of his knowhow, that player could really kick on

We have to sign this guy. 

“Reims forward Boulaye Dia has recollected his difficult journey to stardom and how it has served as encouragement to him.

The 24-year-old attacker combined working in an electricity company and playing football in order to fend for his family and at a time he had to quit football temporarily.”

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/soccer/news/i-had-to-quit-football-reims-boulaye-dia-on-his-difficult-journey-to-stardom/1pf8mo6ji5f2i1q32b76iohb62

• Like 1