Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Napoli are having a fcukin laugh, they want 15m for a player they cannot use and who will walk away for free in the summer? There's trying to bluff a shit hand and then there's this.

I think they’ll get 15 mill Ric 

Not from us though 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Napoli are having a fcukin laugh, they want 15m for a player they cannot use and who will walk away for free in the summer? There's trying to bluff a shit hand and then there's this.

Quite clearly over the odds and they may be trying to inflate the price with no real hopes of getting that much but if it DID come down to £15m or nothing...I would pay it.

When you take out of the equation his contract expiry date and squad status at Napoli and purely look at what you would be getting for the price, it's worth it. 

The second half of this season deputising for Vardy and getting accustomed to the league then starting next year with Vardy as the undisputed king of supersub/impact players, which would also prolong Vardy's career by about 3 more years.  

• Like 1

I want a big b*stard striker. Basically Slimani, but not crap. Steve Howard 2.0

We need a big target man as a plan B. I know he's basically a failure, but I'd take Benteke. With some Rodgers coaching magic and some confidence, he could be a good player again. At least he'll be able to win headers in the opposition's penalty area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

whoever we get has to have massive Personality as well as massive ability. Vardy wouldn't be Vardy if he was a shy boy. The best strikers are steely, hardy, hungry street fighters. Even nice guys like El Nino were monsters on the field. Nachos is definitely missing this attribute. Of course the risk we take is this personality can be healthy or destructive. We've been lucky Vardy has not turned into an A-hole in the dressing room but can't say that about other strikers with big ego's. It doesn't have to be a super experienced striker either. We need a Fofana in the shape of a striker basically. 

7 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

He was shit when he was here on loan some years ago, but I wonder whether Lingard might be worth a punt? Awful attitude though from what I’ve seen in the press etc. 

Worryingly though it’s a replacement for Vards that keeps me up at night. Granted I don’t have a great knowledge of world football, but I can’t think of anyone. I’m tempted to say Harvey Barnes...

No to Lingard.

And you're right to be worried about replacing Vardy.. the guy is a freak of nature and in my eyes, is a world class striker! You won't be getting that again for a million pound. To us, he is the difference of finishing high in the Premier League, to relegation. We depend on him FAR too much and with a player like that, there won't be a slow decline, he will just stop scoring and we will be in deep trouble!

We need to recruit for the future, and now... Nacho isn't it!

• Like 1

I think it will be very interesting to see where in the squad we strengthen next. For once, I don't think there are really any glaring weak areas. A backup striker is probably the biggest concern, but I don't know if we'll bother until we can sell Nacho. Maybe a backup for Tielemans, but I think KDH could be that when he returns in the summer. We have some real depth in defence now, both centrally and out wide.

If I had to guess, I'd say we probably won't sign anyone in Jan unless there's a bargain to be had. In the summer, I think we'll maybe get a couple of younger squad players, either Under permanently or a different RW and replace any outgoings.

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Costa, Defoe, Falcao, Ozil and Lingard, what on earth has this thread become:facepalm:

As I said the other day, a Vardy understudy should be our main priority in January, we are pretty much ok in all other areas. These two fit the bill, not some washed up stopgap.

Malen is a good shout.

Diego Costa 

Barnes.                  Vardy

Maddison 

Ndidi.       Tielemans 

Cast.   Soy  fofana  Rick 

Kasper 

get Diego there’s a trophy there, only need 15 -20 games of him , 6 month contract And a red card thrown in , well worth the punt .  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Shane said:

Thoughts on Glen Kamara @Muzzy_Larsson? Rangers fans love him. Seems like the perfect player for us, a physical CM with good technique.

If we’re persisting with a double pivot in the 4-2-3-1 system we need a better 4th option than Hamza imo.

I like him, well aside from the fact he's a rangers player lol

Good technically, gets about the pitch well and very composed in possession and doesn't try and do anything he can't.

Whether he's good enough to play week in week out for a top 6 EPL side I'm not so sure but I reckon he'd be a good squad option and I doubt he'd cost much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Costa, Defoe, Falcao, Ozil and Lingard, what on earth has this thread become:facepalm:

As I said the other day, a Vardy understudy should be our main priority in January, we are pretty much ok in all other areas. These two fit the bill, not some washed up stopgap.

Finally some sensible selections.

We won't bring anyone in over 30.

We also, won't bring a "Star" in. We don't need to, we have the best striker in the PL.

What we will look to do is bring in someone aged 19-24 who we can bring in and let settle for a year or two as Vardy plays less games each season, with the hope that they eventually replace him before moving on for £60m plus.

My shortlist would be Daka, Edouard or Armstrong. Young, quick forwards with good goal records.

I would put all our attention and resources into getting a striker this window. 

We have been lucky so far with Vardy, and yesterday showed how we will struggle without him. 

I'm not saying we could find a like for like, but we really do have to roll the dice again and at least try get a competent striker in. 

34 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Diego Costa 

Barnes.                  Vardy

Maddison 

Ndidi.       Tielemans 

Cast.   Soy  fofana  Rick 

Kasper 

get Diego there’s a trophy there, only need 15 -20 games of him , 6 month contract And a red card thrown in , well worth the punt .  

Yeah what a great idea. Let's move our GOAT out wide to accommodate a washed up player who's not fit to lace his boots. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He's gonna walk away in the summer for nothing!

**** that, if we're paying over 5m for him we may as well gamble and try to get him in the summer.

You say this but you get the player today rather than wait 6 months. Not to mention the player will likely increase the amount he requires as a sign on bonus if he’s going for free and the fact that a 6 month loan of a quality player can cost 5mil in fees. 

It sounds silly but when you scratch the surface sometimes it can be worth paying a little to get it done. 

Personally, I wouldn’t be against a 7-10m move. Simply because I think a new  striker could be the difference in qualifying for Europe again. 

41 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

We must get a striker in this window. I still think Nacho has a role to play for the rest of the season as the more firepower we have the better in my opinion. 

I think Nacho always plays like a rabbit in the headlights. He lacks technique, final touch, awareness and confidence. These are basics a talented footballer demonstrates in his late teens so I reckon Nacho will always lack those qualities