Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds (Away) Match Thread - 02/11/2020

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I love Praet more every game I see of him. Versatile, smart, creative, and has a snap in him too - he's not afraid to put in a strong challenge.

You could tell he was quality on the ball last season, but we seemed to think he was a deep-lying playmaker last season and played him alongside Ndidi half the time. He was totally wasted there.

This season we're playing him as an attacking midfielder or the right of a front 3 and he's been superb so far this season.

It's clear he's an attacking midfielder, not a defensive one

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Nobody having a poor game so far. Great first half

Was thinking this earlier. Normally even in great team performances you've got one or two players who are average at best, but the team gets carried by a couple standouts. So far today literally everyone has done something great.

Schmeichel with some key saves. Justin and Thomas solid at the back and some great attacking contributions. Fuchs and Albrighton rolling back the clock. Fofana. Mendy playing like Kanté from the title season. Tielemans and Barnes with a goal and Praet pulling the strings creatively, and Vardy terrorising their defense.

Hopefully we can carry on with the same in the second half. Reckon Maddison might slow things down to our detriment in these conditions, but Ünder could have a field day with Vardy/Barnes running in behind. 

Just now, wokinghamfox said:

Am i the only person that feels uncomfortable!?. Leeds are capable of anything.

Unless Rodgers is planning the ol’ switch-a-roo and we are going to get a terrible second half rather than first, then yes, yes you are :scarf:

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

Including running us into the ground.

Missus has just reminded me of losing 3-2 Brighton at the Withdean when we were comfortable and 0-2 up at half-time. Why did she say that? It has made me think though;  I don't think Leeds can be as bad as they were and I hope we keep them quiet for a further 44 minutes. 

Just now, Fktf said:

Tactical masterclass so far. Just hope we can last them physically. Barnes and Praet were blowing after 30min! Christ Leeds are a fit team.

Wouldn't say it was a tactical masterclass, was obvious what Leeds do, media have been talking about how leeds attack in numbers, we've been excellent on the counter, infact we should be 5 or 6 up if not for the weather and pitch 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably been said in the 30 pages of this thread, but Justin could have a really, really top career as a CB in a 3. He has been absolutely top drawer every time he has played there. 

Brilliant to see Mendy and Praet putting there stamp on the team this season aswell. Top players. 

• Like 2

For those who say we still need to buy, think about how good we are this game when the following are still the bench: Under, Nachos, Madders, Perez, Hamza. And Gray and Slimani cannot even make the bench. When we have the following out injured: Ricardo, Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Amartey!

We have depth already. No need more players unless we intend to use them to replace someone above and will play them.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

First 30 minutes was fantastic. Last 15 they were stronger but we've still got plenty to offer going forward and strength on the bench.

Vardy, Barnes, Fuchs, Albrighton, Mendy, Fofana all outstanding.

Thing is, who’s not been outstanding? Fvckin brilliant performance by a team most of us were concerned about before kickoff.

I fvckin love Leicester City.

• Like 2

I was a bit scared Leeds would score at the end of the half.

We should have scored 3 or 4 when they were all over the place.

Kasper - on it.

Vardy - the boss.

Barnes - a threat

Fofana - what a signing

Fuch and Albrighton - solid

Mendy - we might have defended the league if he'd not been injured and played like this lol

Let's not let them score, then score another, we can all chill out, Brendan can swap a few players and Bob's your uncle.  :scarf:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

Nah, the pessimist in me almost feels like we need four, we tired a bit towards the end of the half and Marriner is giving us nothing.

But given all the injuries, that was a brilliant half. Just need to keep taking chances in the second half and keep the ball well on the break.

• Like 1