Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds (Away) Match Thread - 02/11/2020

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Mendy been playing like 2016 Kanté so far. It'll go under the radar again especially with all the other good performances, but he's having a fantastic game yet again. Bossing the midfield.

Yes. He seems to have developed the Kante telescopic leg. 

• Like 3

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

Nah, the pessimist in me almost feels like we need four, we tired a bit towards the end of the half and Marriner is giving us nothing.

But given all the injuries, that was a brilliant half. Just need to keep taking chances in the second half and keep the ball well on the break.

I don't see us not scoring again to be honest. Leeds can't cope with Vardy and Barnes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

This season we're playing him as an attacking midfielder or the right of a front 3 and he's been superb so far this season.

It's clear he's an attacking midfielder, not a defensive one

No definitely not an attacking midfielder, he doesn’t have the timing of the pass or anticipation what to do in advanced positions. He’s industrious and is doing a decent job today in stopping Leeds gather any momentum though.

3 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Am i the only person that feels uncomfortable!?. Leeds are capable of anything.

Nah, you're not. They're a dangerous side still. It's not over until the larger than life lady sings. Got to come out strong again second half, sucker punch them again.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's where I don't actually agree. 

I think we'd have beaten Arsenal far more comfortably if we'd played a proper 4231 all game and I think the we'd beat this Leeds side comfortably if we took the same approach. 

These have been poor. 

I think we're better than a lot of people give us credit for, including a lot of our own fans. 

Agree to disagree. Despite all the efforts made by Puel and Rodgers to make us a team most comfortable in possession and capable of playing a possession game, (and fair play we've come on a lot in this area) I still think we are most dangerous and fluent when playing on the counter against teams that push forward and I always feel more confident we'll win those sort of games compared to having to break down a massed defence.

Just now, Tom12345 said:

For those who say we still need to buy, think about how good we are this game when the following are still the bench: Under, Nachos, Madders, Perez, Hamza. And Gray and Slimani cannot even make the bench. When we have the following out injured: Ricardo, Castagne. Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Amartey!

We are depth already. No need more players unless we intend to replace them with someone above and will play them.

We definitely need more options up front, but yeah for the most part we just need to get the players we have back to fitness and we'll be a formidable machine in the league and Europe.

4 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Am i the only person that feels uncomfortable!?. Leeds are capable of anything.

Not really, we have defended well and they just look all over the place. Leeds have some decent forwards but keep our focus and I feel we will get another couple against them 

2-0 is one of those leads .....get the next and it should be over ......concede and anything can happen ........

they are capable of opening our hotchpotch defence up but they are also capable of making terrible errors in giving the ball away and conceding a transition.high up the pitch ....

a long way from being relaxed and hopefully we can use the bench well .......

• Like 1

Good half. Been very impressed with how we've beaten the initial press, Fuchs and Mendy have been instrumental in that. Mendy has been decent all season but that was his best 45 in a LCFC shirt, imperious. 

Still feel we might need another goal. Just need to stay brave in possession and retain the massive threat on the counter. 

Let’s talk more about Leeds. Leeds have pace, power, energy! Leeds have the best tactics and the best manager in the world. Bamford will win the golden boot, Leeds are unlikely to lose again this decade. Often I wonder how many times this Leeds squad will win the champions league in a row, once they inevitably qualify for it this year. Leeds, did we mention Leeds are playing? Leeds. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Messi said:

Probably been said in the 30 pages of this thread, but Justin could have a really, really top career as a CB in a 3. He has been absolutely top drawer every time he has played there. 

Brilliant to see Mendy and Praet putting there stamp on the team this season aswell. Top players. 

So comfortably his best position. He genuinely fits in at this level there. He struggles at full-back, presently.