Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Fuchs

He looked competely done in that Newport game, slow, laboured and looking every bit over the hill. Then he comes in at Chelsea last season and put Chilwell to shame with his performance. Now he's looking the player he was five years ago.

14 hours ago, Corky said:

He looked competely done in that Newport game, slow, laboured and looking every bit over the hill. Then he comes in at Chelsea last season and put Chilwell to shame with his performance. Now he's looking the player he was five years ago.

Even in our title season he was never quick, and whilst he has lost a yard since then, his stamina is still there.

The standards our 'cover' players have hit is first class, they have saved our season.

How he can be on the sidelines for so long and then come in and look so classy is beyond me - he has great technique, uses his body well and has great vision for a fullback - doesn’t always play the obvious pass back inside or out wide, but sees great passes inside towards the centre forward area which really helped us cut through Leeds last night 

16 hours ago, Shane said:

Been fantastic recently. He’s started our last 4 games which is a lot of minutes for a 34 year old.

Really shown his experience today, wasting no time to clear the ball away from danger & played a lovely pre-assist for Barnes goal. Seeing him run with the ball to the corner flag in the 93rd minute summed up his performance! 

I don’t think we could do much worse than Fuchs if we need a 5th choice CB next season.. :scarf:

Amusingly we have a cocky young upstart 34 in January ,who will be starting a longer consistent Run of games.....Mr Vardy..!!:P

Carbon copy of early doors last year really. Fuchs comes in and does a cracking job when most of us thought he already had his plane ticket to the US booked.

Next summer will be a sad one if he moves on at the same time Big Wes hangs up his boots. :cry:

As others have said, I'd love to see at least one more thirty-yard, Partridge-esque THRIKER from him before he finally moves to America. But on this showing, at 34, the man still has 2 years in him, minimum. :appl::wub:

I'm not going to lie, I thought he was finished. Particularly as a natural left back, I thought he had become rash, diving in way more than he used to and he wasn't great against Arsenal in the cup either.

But like anyone I guess, a run of games and he has been able to find a bit of a run of form and fitness, rather than coming in every now and again. Found a little niche for him in the current set up and you can see the confidence towards the end of the game when he had the ball in the attacking corner. 

Great to see him back involved and performing well, a perhaps underrated legendary player from a great period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

That’s incredible when you think about it. And he never let us down with his constant performances. Unbelievable job.

It really is. We naturally worry about losing our big name players but the likes of Fuchs and Albrighton who come in without fuss and get on with the job will be huge losses too.

• Like 3