Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Alan Brazil 'Tool'

United will get Poch if they sack Ole. The Glazers dont like spending money and it would cost United a fortune to get Rodgers and his staff out of Leicester. It cost us around £15m I believe when we got him from Celtic and him and his staff will be on way more money now, so to buy their contracts would cost an absolute fortune. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

He left Celtic on the verge of a treble treble. 

I think it may have been of case of him wishing to leave a Pub League which did not test his Football Brain week in and week out?

The problem with ex footballers going into punditry is they are normally players who've played for the so called big clubs, they have already been indoctrinated and don't tend to think outside of the box, It just becomes like the pied piper of Hamelin, usually with Sky setting the tune.  By the way I think Danny Murphy has to be one of the worst for touting players to Manure & Scousepool, I'm sure he has headed too many footballs!

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Listening to TalkShite this morning, he is totally 'desperate' to get Ole out and BR in at Manure.   I thought Brazil usually started drinking at 10.01 am?  

What a job! Almost as good as being a weatherman. (PS where I live they are almost always wrong.)

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

United will get Poch if they sack Ole. The Glazers dont like spending money and it would cost United a fortune to get Rodgers and his staff out of Leicester. It cost us around £15m I believe when we got him from Celtic and him and his staff will be on way more money now, so to buy their contracts would cost an absolute fortune. 

..in the great scheme of things, even double the £15m for United is nothing, if you believe  you have the right man!!!

5 hours ago, shailen said:

Good it means we have a top class manager. I'm confident he won't leave us for United. 

Top Class today crap tomorrow. Same as it ever was.

Never thought he would leave Celtic when he did but knew he was gone that summer. The transfer window was the end and stagnation was in the air after two and half seasons and seven trophies. I understood leaving Celtic. I'd have a hard time with him leaving here because he has everything but limitless amounts of money like Manchester. Besides Leicester City is probably one of the best run clubs in Europe. Administration, Development, Training Center it really is the perfect place to develop a competitive club. Really doubt Rodgers would leave for a bigger check. If we start losing players en masse because of our success or a change in ownership then it becomes a different conversation. And all managers have their sell by dates. Even very successful ones.

43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no, if Rodgers is not fussed then there is no issue!!!

That's your opinion. Rodgers has publicly stated that the Everton and Manchester United jobs are off the table because of his tenure at Liverpool. Despite what some keyboard warriors and pundits might say there is much love and respect for him and what he did at Liverpool.

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Wow, I mean after Villa there were some fans here who’d have drove Rogers up to Manchester! Anyway in all seriousness it’s kinda flattering because at least we are now doing something right again, just don’t give him a few more million on his contract this time!

Better give Top and Jon a call then.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That's your opinion. Rodgers has publicly stated that the Everton and Manchester United jobs are off the table because of his tenure at Liverpool. Despite what some keyboard warriors and pundits might say there is much love and respect for him and what he did at Liverpool.

That's right, if he went to Man Utd and wasn't successful he'd have all those Utd fans destroying his life because that's what they're like, and to be successful at man utd takes a lot of money and a lot of luck and if you fail, that's it. Where's Ole going to go after Utd sack him in the near future, because it's a case of "you had all that money and all those resources and you failed", which club is going to want him as a manager. Career ender. 

• Like 1

Can't see BR wanting to go to Man U or Man U wanting BR because of the Liverpool connection. Also, they should bear in mind what happened the last time they pinched a manager from us, Frank O Farrell in the early 70s. They ended up getting relegated to the second division.

• Haha 1

We're only 8 games into the season and Ole is "building something" at United. He's surely got until christmas at the very least. I don't see Brendan leaving us mid-season either, even if MU did want him. He's still got a point to prove here after how badly we tanked last season imo.

Edited by ajthefox

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That's right, if he went to Man Utd and wasn't successful he'd have all those Utd fans destroying his life because that's what they're like, and to be successful at man utd takes a lot of money and a lot of luck and if you fail, that's it. Where's Ole going to go after Utd sack him in the near future, because it's a case of "you had all that money and all those resources and you failed", which club is going to want him as a manager. Career ender. 

Ole goes back to Norway. All depends on how he looks at his career because had he not been a former star for United he wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting that job.  No shame for him Manchester Uniteds problems start at the top. No reason he can't continue managing if he's willing to drop down a step and fight for another chance. Up to him.

The only surprise is the fact that people are surprised that Talk Sport talk bollox.

It's their job to talk bollox, to encourage debate & opinion & to do that you have to outrage some listeners.

It has always been the way & always will be.

The best thing about Talk Sport this morning was their total lack of coverage of Leicester City, long may we stay under the radar, like 2015-2016 when the media did not realise we were in the top 4 until April.