Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

I know it's a bit of a way off, but think this massive game deserves early discussion.

TAA most probably out, VVD missing for them is a big bonus.

Could Ricardo be considered?

Castagne could be available.

Soyuncu perhaps?

Fofana's knee injury is a major concern?

Our unbelievable away form can give us some real confidence going into this game, I think we'll get something.

1-1.

I’m very much still haunted by the absolute schooling they gave us on Boxing Day but I don’t think we’ll be doing everything they want us to this time. I do hope Thiago doesn’t play though. But there is absolutely no doubt that if you beat the press they’re there to be got at with runners from deep.

I’m sure if we win there’ll be lots of talk about them having players injured and Klopp will be begging for rolling subs or a transfer window at half time or something.

• Haha 2

Best not to get our hopes up again after boxing day last year, injuries or not that liverpool team with mane, salah, thiago, robertson, firmino etc can tear up any team by themselves on their day, anything we get in this fixture is a bonus. In terms of injured players castagne should start but i dont think soyuncu or ricardo should be risked.

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Unpopular opinion but would not play Fuchs in this game. Would have fofana, Evans and Justin as the 3 cb. Pace needed against their forward line. Hopefully Ricardo and castagne will be back. If Ricardo isn’t would start albrighton. 

Difficult to drop Fuchs... his performances lately have been massive!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Best not to get our hopes up again after boxing day last year, injuries or not that liverpool team with mane, salah, thiago, robertson, firmino etc can tear up any team by themselves on their day, anything we get in this fixture is a bonus. In terms of injured players castagne should start but i dont think soyuncu or ricardo should be risked.

Not to mention Jota. Probably the best signing in the last 12 months for Liverpool.

Too early for Ricardo, definitely not starting for sure. 

Not sure about Castagne.

Primarily I just hope we come through the international break unscathed without any further injuries. I can imagine we'll set up like we did against Arsenal & Leeds. Away at a side that generally likes to attack. Contain, patient play, and break when we can. The fact they are missing VVD, could miss TAA and aren't in the form they were in in last couple of seasons is a good sign. We definitely can go there and win. Fofana and the defence's biggest test, 100%. Their front 3 (& Jota) still click and we just have to be on our game from the start.

Kasper

Fofana - Evans - Fuchs

Albrighton                                          Justin

Mendy

Praet - Tielemans - Maddison

Vardy

The older players we've had to rely on will appreciate the rest after so many games in quick succession.

Glad we're on a high and are able to go in to this with confidence. They're definitely there to be got at!

• Like 3

Villa played them perfectly, sit off them and let them come to us and break on them. Without Van Dijk, Fabinho and potentially Alexander Arnold, we have a real chance. They still have the same attacking players but are short defensively. 

• Like 3