Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

6 hours ago, dayday said:

I thought Cags would be ready to go again nearer Christmas ?

6 hours ago, dayday said:

37078297-FB58-42C0-B79B-DDF97D8D5349.thumb.png.f4a490feffbe9996dffdf313403d9334.png

6 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

I read Cags will be back against Tottenham mid December.

Stick with the same team I think, potentially Barnes in for Maddison. Quite like the Praet/Barnes attacking partnership.

Why then has he been called up by Turkey during this international window? :mad:

Edited by NaijaFox

35 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Does anyone else share my feeling that we were ripe for that twatting on Boxing Day? Norwich and Watford at home just before gave us plenty of warning, and I remember thinking the players looked out of gas at the time.

No. If memory serves, we were having our best spell of the game and looking likely to equalise, with the crowd getting really noisy, when Liverpool, against the run of the play, got that dodgy pen from the Soyuncu handball.

Granted, we capitulated after going two down but that penalty was pivotal to the outcome - of that match and perhaps also of what transpired in the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

I don’t expect us to win, I hope we do, we’re capable of that upset after all. Our best 11 isn’t far off their best 11, I’ve been saying that for months now, got laughed at for saying it too at the time. Look now, it’s clearer to see that we’re not a million miles behind anyone in this league, at full strength.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 1

Unbeaten at home for something like 63 games??

Thats some psychological advantage. 

The absolute battering they gave us boxing day is another, and I genuinely believe that was the game we lost our swagger and ultimately led to what was inly just better than relegation form after that, even with the lockdown break, we just didn't recover. 

I know this gets thrown around a lot on here but it's kind of a massive game this. On one hand if we don't lose, thats a real statement, a win would send the media into a frenzy and the 5 subs rule would be brought in immediately after to protect the "big 6" so they don't leave us for a European super league........

On the other hand, lose and it's kind of expected and takes some of the glancing looks away from us, it'll just he a case of can we recover and get our heads back on track to thinking we can do something very very special this season. 

Would happily take a draw from this, can see it being a tale of 2 penalties. One not given to us and another awarded to them

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

We should have taken a point at Anfield last season if not for Manes last minute dive. Let’s do them this time with a Vardy last minute pen. 

I’m hoping we get such a dodgy pen right at the end to win it. That you have Liverpool fans calling for the game to be cancelled and replayed. 😂😂 

klopps meltdown would be brilliant to watch.