Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

How annoyed are you by international breaks?

I still quite like the concept of the nations league personally I just think given how new it is, it would've been a decent idea to cull this one given the situation we're in. All football behind closed doors is empty anyway. I can barely take it seriously.

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

So do people who don't like international football not watch the World Cup/Euros? Or do you just pick and choose when you like it?

I pick and choose, if there’s nothing else on tv I will watch England friendlies or qualifying but I won’t make time for it. Southgate has killed my interest since the end of the group stages of the World Cup. I’d rather watch neutral games and enjoy them than be disappointed by England (Southgate).

I hate the international breaks. Seems like time stands still.

I was going to say that one benefit was getting our injured players 2 weeks closer to fitness, but that's cancelled out by injuries to Kasper and Evans.

It is totally irresponsible that international football is carrying on as normal at this time.

I do watch England games, and I try to get into it, but the football they play is pretty awful, and the big club selection bias is so shameless. I think it's clear that Southgate is a puppet who follows orders to pick his team based on who the players play for. England should be a lot easier on the eye considering the wealth of attacking talent available.

I'm a fan of international football and, living in England, I'm generally quite sad that the English have lost their passion for it. I'm fairly country before club, even though watching Wales usually puts me to sleep from a footballing point of view. 

I do think it's absurd of FIFA and UEFA to be continuing with it in a global pandemic, however. 

They should have stripped it down to the bare minimum, IE any remaining qualifiers for the Euros and that's basically it. The Nations League isn't the worst idea ever but it should have been indefinitely suspended pending the end of COVID. As for international friendlies, they're honestly the stupidest idea anyone's ever had right now. 

Why the **** have we just played 3 games in a week? And to make it worse, Wales' friendly was the first of the games meaning our two group deciding competitive games were just days apart. Just stupid. 

So I'd say I'm moderately annoyed by international breaks. That said, this one has probably benefited us. All of our injured players get a break and some recovery time and, unless I'm being thick, I don't think we've picked up any extra knocks this time? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

I couldn’t care less about internationals outside of qualifiers or tournaments. Why they’re going on now in the current climate is anyone’s guess.

Only European teams are playing friendlies this break. South American and African national teams are only playing 2 games each - WC and AFCON qualifiers.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

The nations league was a decent idea but now its not taken seriously as all it gets you is euro qualification so I don't think teams take it seriously. International breaks should be cut to just qualifiers for euros and World Cup and give the players more rest in between or a less demanding schedule. 

It doesn't even guarantee you qualification. Just affects your seeding/possible play-off

In fact if it did give direct qualification, I think teams would take it seriously

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm a fan of international football and, living in England, I'm generally quite sad that the English have lost their passion for it. I'm fairly country before club, even though watching Wales usually puts me to sleep from a footballing point of view. 

I do think it's absurd of FIFA and UEFA to be continuing with it in a global pandemic, however. 

They should have stripped it down to the bare minimum, IE any remaining qualifiers for the Euros and that's basically it. The Nations League isn't the worst idea ever but it should have been indefinitely suspended pending the end of COVID. As for international friendlies, they're honestly the stupidest idea anyone's ever had right now. 

Why the **** have we just played 3 games in a week? And to make it worse, Wales' friendly was the first of the games meaning our two group deciding competitive games were just days apart. Just stupid. 

So I'd say I'm moderately annoyed by international breaks. That said, this one has probably benefited us. All of our injured players get a break and some recovery time and, unless I'm being thick, I don't think we've picked up any extra knocks this time? 

Only European nations are playing friendlies this break, and hence the mindless third game. Everyone else are playing major qualifiers.

Edited by NaijaFox

I've always find myself dreading international breaks. And nothing to do with Ireland being s'''

Been that way for a long time even when we were at our lowest point.

I wouldnt get that annoyed at Leicester players getting injured though it is unwelcome. The injuries like Cags and Kasper are a nuisance but given the status wee have at this moment it's gonna be a risk. If we didn't have anyone playing internationals like in 2008-09 then it wouldn't say much about us as a club.